New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Holy %*&^%*^%! Paper bag wouldn't have been enough! Phil you alive? Hahahahahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and jadis
  • Haha
Reactions: jadis
White, you make all of us with big a$$ foreheads proud! Bwahahahaha!

• Haha
I am speechless at the moment but should come back after I recollect my thoughts.

Holy %*&^%*^%! Paper bag wouldn't have been enough! Phil you alive? Hahahahahaha!
I'm in a family lunch now. I was purposely missing the whole game live. But when I checked the scores on my phone, the Damm game was still on! With 2 seconds to go! My heart started to beat fast. I was parked and inside my car while I followed this but set my phone beside because i definitely knew Celtics would lose. I was imagining the crawling back of Spo on the Spurs finals. I was tipping my hat to him. Honestly. Then my son came inside the car and told me Celtics won. I asked him twice, ARE YOU SURE? He said yes. I asked again, WHERE DID YOU SEE IT? He told me ESPN on his phone. I still could not believe it till he described to me how it happened. I asked him again, did the ESPN score BOARD said FINAL? He said yes. That was when i really believed. Hahahaha

My son and I keep talking about the game over lunch and my wife and daughter thinks we're speaking alien languages. LOL

And that alien conversation started in the car ! They have to invent a topic for themselves.:D. I'll watch the replay highlights when i get home.

There's no way Derrick White should have got that game winner.
Unbelievable.
Thought the Heat would have watched for his back cut on his inbounds.
So he would have had a body on him going to the hoop.
He also nailed a couple of important threes in the fourth quarter.

This fourth quarter was great for basketball, and great for the NBA.
And the greatest for Boston.

I like what Shaq said. There is no way a Game 6 is a Game 7.

Game 7s are their own entity.
And we've got a 'well deserved Game 7' for both teams.

Win or lose, for me as a lifelong Celtics fan, I am very much satisfied with HOW the C's played. That's the first thing. First 3 losses were embarrassing, shameful, and on the verge on a sweep to boot, to an 8th seed and a bunch of undrafted players. That's NOT putting down Miami as from the start of the Bucks series I had said they were dangerous, but it's a CREDIT to Spo and what he had accomplished up to this point. Win or lose, Heat and Celtics have nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a shame that with such intensity and effort given by both teams, one team had to go home. This is what we Celtics fans call Celtic Pride. It's real. Russell, Havlicek, Bird, Pierce, and now......Derick White!!!! Who would have thought. At the right place at the right time. Just like Havlicek when he stole the ball. Whew. Just got home. Have to watch a ton of videos now. The talk show guys will not be sleeping tonight. :D

From my viewpoint, it's never about making history. I don't think the C's are engrossed in that bit of stat. What they cared about started in Game 4 which is winning that game to 'survive' and play another day. And then another day, and then another day. The chip is not about coming from a 0-3 deficit, there is no trophy for that. It just meant that the C's cannot lose anymore in the remaining games to be in the Finals. The players have to give their best , as a 'reward' to their coach. 2 different jobs. Talks shows are paid to hype up anything and everything. But in the end, it's how you play the game. And that was what Derick White did. I always have high regard for players coached and honed by Pop. They have fundamentals, but Pop sharpens those skills even more. Just look at Kawhi, when Pop drafted him, he was telling his assistants - I don't even know if he can shoot. :D

Last edited:
I think the Nuggets take out either of these teams. Anyone disagree?
Humbly speaking, I think the Nuggets have not seen a defense like that of the Heat or the Celtics in the West. That's why I mentioned before how I would like to see Butler guard and control Jamal Murray. That was when the Cs were 0-3 and the whole world knew the Heat will be facing the Nuggets with a very very high chance. It's still possible of course, 1 game, even chances, any team can win Game 7, no guarantees.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
There's no way Derrick White should have got that game winner.
Unbelievable.
Thought the Heat would have watched for his back cut on his inbounds.
So he would have had a body on him going to the hoop.
He also nailed a couple of important threes in the fourth quarter.
I watched the slow mo of the play. White inbounded. Miami was as usual, double teaming, Strus and Butler on Tatum. Nobody was fronting White at the inbound. White chose to pass to Smart instead of Brown, who has Bam behind him. When Smart released the 3 ball, Bam actually run farther out from the rim to box out Brown. White was all alone in the corner, with Strus now leaving Smart's side to move closer to White. White made his dash to sneak in to the basket , with a pure instinct for an offensive rebound or put back, he did both. And Strus was a few feet behind him by that time. It would appear that Strus' job in doubling Tatum was done when Tatum didn't get the ball. And Tatum was ALSO surging to the basket with the same intention as White, but the ball bounced to the side of White. The rest is history. White used his basketball instincts. Other players (guards) would have just stood there and wait for the outcome of Smart's shot, but the moment is all credited to White's basketball savvy. Heat can call it luck, but White moved in for the kill when others would have just stood there. He just made a play to play for another day. :D

Last edited:
Kevin Harlan's voice can add hypertension to the already nervous fan. I wonder what he takes before sleeping to calm himself down :D

Win or lose, for me as a lifelong Celtics fan, I am very much satisfied with HOW the C's played. That's the first thing. First 3 losses were embarrassing, shameful, and on the verge on a sweep to boot, to an 8th seed and a bunch of undrafted players. That's NOT putting down Miami as from the start of the Bucks series I had said they were dangerous, but it's a CREDIT to Spo and what he had accomplished up to this point. Win or lose, Heat and Celtics have nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a shame that with such intensity and effort given by both teams, one team had to go home. This is what we Celtics fans call Celtic Pride. It's real. Russell, Havlicek, Bird, Pierce, and now......Derick White!!!! Who would have thought. At the right place at the right time. Just like Havlicek when he stole the ball. Whew. Just got home. Have to watch a ton of videos now. The talk show guys will not be sleeping tonight. :D
From my viewpoint, it's never about making history. I don't think the C's are engrossed in that bit of stat. What they cared about started in Game 4 which is winning that game to 'survive' and play another day. And then another day, and then another day. The chip is not about coming from a 0-3 deficit, there is no trophy for that. It just meant that the C's cannot lose anymore in the remaining games to be in the Finals. The players have to give their best , as a 'reward' to their coach. 2 different jobs. Talks shows are paid to hype up anything and everything. But in the end, it's how you play the game. And that was what Derick White did. I always have high regard for players coached and honed by Pop. They have fundamentals, but Pop sharpens those skills even more. Just look at Kawhi, when Pop drafted him, he was telling his assistants - I don't even know if he can shoot. :D
History will be made tomorrow night in Boston Phil

as to whether the Nuggs will easily beat either there Heat or the Celtics, perhaps, but I think it will go 7 games whomever faces the Nuggets.

The final minute of last night's game was so amazing that in the final few seconds the outcome was rewritten twice. I believe Boston will make history and will be so pumped that I believe they can beat the Nuggets. The Heat have cooled somewhat as Bsm and Butler were missing so many shots yesterday gut if they beat Boston this 2 players performance will dictate the outcome tomorrow and in the Finals if they beat Boston.

This is basketball at its very best....Sir Charles called it before the game and said its going back to Boston. Shaq is an obvious heat fan as he said the Heat will win.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I watched the slow mo of the play. White inbounded. Miami was as usual, double teaming, Strus and Butler on Tatum. Nobody was fronting White at the inbound. White chose to pass to Smart instead of Brown, who has Bam behind him. When Smart released the 3 ball, Bam actually run farther out from the rim to box out Brown. White was all alone in the corner, with Strus now leaving Smart's side to move closer to White. White made his dash to sneak in to the basket , with a pure instinct for an offensive rebound or put back, he did both. And Strus was a few feet behind him by that time. It would appear that Strus' job in doubling Tatum was done when Tatum didn't get the ball. And Tatum was ALSO surging to the basket with the same intention as White, but the ball bounced to the side of White. The rest is history. White used his basketball instincts. Other players (guards) would have just stood there and wait for the outcome of Smart's shot, but the moment is all credited to White's basketball savvy. Heat can call it luck, but White moved in for the kill when others would have just stood there. He just made a play to play for another day. :D
White has proved his worth in this series. His long three's helped keep them in the game last night and his winning basket will go downs one of the greatest wins to force a game 7.

@jadis ....Phil , you and Jack need to watch tomorrow's game together

• Wow
It'll be a great finals but for me this Celtics series has been one of the best playoffs I have ever seen. I have said all year that the championship is theirs to lose and I have always felt the East would win this year but Jack and I have a pizza on the outcome. Denver is a strong team and Jokic is unstoppable so it promises to be a special series.

The icing on the cake would indeed be a Celtics win. They would almost certainly go down in the annals as one of the greatest NBA teams

a terrific summary of the game.....

5 takeaways from Celtics' incredible Game 6 victory

Derrick White to the rescue, a rough night for Bam Adebayo and more as back-and-forth series returns to Boston for Game 7.

this basket will go down in Celtics folk lore.........

A buzzer-beater, 'The Shot,' Bill Russell: Derrick White's heroics for the Celtics enter Boston lore

Has any NBA champion faced and won 5 elimination games and then win the game 7 and win it all. I doubt that has ever happened and the likelihood that it is possible this year , INMO escalates this Celtics team to one of the greatest

Has any NBA champion faced and won 5 elimination games and then win the game 7 and win it all. I doubt that has ever happened and the likelihood that it is possible this year , INMO escalates this Celtics team to one of the greatest
What all these last 3 wins did was to make the almost impossible possible. I admit I gave up after the 0-3 game. I didn't give them much of a chance in game 4 and was presently suprised by a win. Again, I wasn't after the 0-3 history but was after winning 1 game and then the next. I don't know if Celtics wake up earlier in elimination games but if it so, so be it. Maybe they're still learning, game after game. Anything is possible.

• Wow
Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu