New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I agree about Luka but seriously the Lakers are never going to win it all ever again with James. Look at the salary he commands in the next 2 years. My biggest disappointment would be to see them give up Austin Reaves. He’s my favorite Laker

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I agree about Luka but seriously the Lakers are never going to win it all ever again with JamEd. Look at the salary he commands in the next 2 years. My biggest disappointment would be to see them give up Austin Reaves. He’s my favorite Laker
Yeah, Reaves is an excellent player. Lots of energy and scrappy. I'm impressed with his rebounding.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Strus , Vincent, and Kevin Love are all Unrestricted Free Agents after this season. Strus and Vincent should be worth what Reaves commands in the market. Those 3 are the Heat's present starters. Just like what Riley did with Whiteside and Duncan Robinson, they should be getting a staggering raise.

Steve Williams

The problem with the CBA is that the cap is often reached with 3-4 of a team's players and they have to find a way to sign 9 other players to minimum salaries . The Lakers puled it off this year but failed miserably with Westbrook.I expect to see several of these players gone this year, all of whom are terrific players, but when James is getting $45-$50M per year it's difficult to build a team around that amount of fluff

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Per net source. Exactly your figures, Steve.

The NBA has informed teams that the 2023-24 salary cap is currently projected to be $134 million ($10.4M higher than this season), with $162M tax level, per sources. Both are $1M higher than previous projections.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Miami is Number 14 this season in total salaries. $40m less than number 1 Clippers. But next year Heat will be in the top 3, Butler gets a raise, small when compared to Herro who gets a $22m raise from $5.7m this season.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Steve Williams

Miami is Number 14 this season in totally salaries. $40m less than number 1 Clippers. But next year Heat will be in the top 3, Butler gets a raise, small when compared to Herro who gets a $22m raise from $5.7m this season.
Things are much different here in LaLa land o_O

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Things are much different here in LaLa land o_O
Lakers are interesting. They drop to $104m next season while Warriors are number 1 at $201m. For 2024-2025, virtually only James and Davis have contracts and both are Players Options. For 2025-2026, nobody has a contract, $0.

• Sad

Steve Williams

@jadis

Phil we leave for home later today but I wanted to tell you that I took your advice. We hopped on a subway and went to Arlington National Cemetery yesterday. What a beautiful location but a truly sobering experience.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
@jadis

Phil we leave for home later today but I wanted to tell you that I took your advice. We hopped on a subway and went to Arlington National Cemetery yesterday. What a beautiful location but a truly sobering experience.
Yes, exactly my feelings, Steve. I remember our guide showed us the resting place of JFK and explained to us that there is an eternal flame burning there, paid for by the Kennedy family, if I recall correctly. And he also showed us a bench that was to commemorate those who gave their lives during the Korean War.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

We were at the Kennedy site and saw the wrwrnal
flame that his wife lit. He and she as well
as 2 kids ….John and a baby girl who died at birth. Hid 3 brothers as well Joe Bobby and Ted all there

Steve Williams

The most sobering was the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I have a video of it but it’s so long I need to upload it to YouTube We’re at the airport on our way home

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I’ll take the Nuggets tomw night.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nuggets for game 3.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Windy: "This Heat team has totally destroyed Vegas, throws trend out the window, they're one of the most bizarre teams I've ever covered, prediction for and against the Heat is a loser's game".

I agree with Windy totally. Heat plays by the game, meaning every quarter there can be lulls or spurts, and you don't even know when. Bucks won 1 game only (Giannis out for almost 3 games), Knicks won twice, (mostly with Brunson running amuck) and Celtics won 3 times (with many leads and comebacks games that Barkley pointed out) and now the Nuggets need to win 4 ( 1 is in the books) to totally defeat and prevent the Heat from lifting the trophy. It's almost like they (Heat) want to lift the trophy more than any team because even when trailing and losing, they find a way to recover and win the game back. And they have the perfect weapons to do it - the undrafted and OG 3 point shooters. Spo is a 'gambler' when they are down big, unleash the 'seldom-used' players in the bench - Highsmith, Robinson, Lowry, they've got nothing to lose because they're already down. But these 'fresh' players' often respond by sinking the 3's notably Robinson in Game 2, 4th quarter that wiped out an 8 point lead. And that's what Windy is saying, it is hard to predict a Heat game, and he's been covering the Heat for weeks.

The ensuing diatribe against Windy on the hardest to guard player, Steph or Jokic, is hilarious. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing