New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Why do I feel like the Spurs - Heat Finals all over again. The electricity is very high at the Miami arena. And not altitude problem :D

If there's anything going for Denver, it's the law of averages. Heat has beaten the odds for 3 long series. This is the 4th.

Gordon is one big dude and a terrific player but the momentum is going both ways but the Heat closed a lead and took a lead. Somehow I feel the Miami 3 point team will win this game as the Heat are missing most layups and short shots

Michael Porter has been on a shooting slump this game and the last. Someone has to pick up his slack.

Heat did a great job of bottling Jokic inside, he missed some close one. Heat still double teaming Murray but Nuggets seemed prepared for that. Murray has 20, all hard earned shots.

Christian Braun, a rookie, doing some great plays, he's like a pogo stick.

Porter looks lost, and Braun’s the only Denver bench player making an impact. That said, Denver dominating because the big two are just too good. Would be a historic fail to lose at this point.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Denver adjusted well. Defended the 3 line much better , and everybody was hustling more, showing the face of wanting to win. Jokic and Murray EACH had triple doubles and that says a lot. They've found a way to buck the zone with alert and deadly passes to the inside. And of course, Braun is now in the map of the Nuggets. Porter down, Braun up. 15 points for the rookie in a pressure game like this.

Reactions: christoph
I was waiting for Murray to explode and indeed he did for 34 points. He is so capable of putting up those points. I liked him the first time I saw him in playoff plays and he even had Gary Harris with him. Jokic has been consistently incredible and this duo is scary super good.

Denver took only 18 three point shots and made only 5 of them. (Heat was 11 for 35) Yet they won with a good margin. This is 80s and 90s basketball that I love to watch so much, use the inside plays and medium range shots. They have been the higher percentage shots ever since this game was invented. Nuggets didn't engage the Heat with a 3 point shootfest but concentrated on their defense and interior offence. And rebounding was a big big key for their victory.

Last edited:
Dang for the first time in history Quacky Jacky prediction is on course LOL

I haven't seen the game yet.
Just looking at the box score.
Three point difference and free throw advantage cancel each other out.

Difference of 36 to 23 made two pointers won the game for Denver.

You can see the humility in his face. The stats are simply overwhelming but he doesn't care about individual accolades. The 'sublime' team man. The word was used by an ESPN analyst to describe Jokic.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1666643358012555264|twgr^f767380f6e8b07167aef461ed2e3e92429c3b407|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-twitter-reacts-to-nuggets-beating-heat-in-game-3-shaq-and-kobe/
@TheHoopCentral
·
Follow
“You are the first person in NBA History to have a 30-20-10 NBA Finals game. What does that mean to you?” Nikola Jokic: “I mean to be honest, not much…I’m just glad we won the game .”

Brian Windhorst: Nuggets do not have a bad cop like Draymond Green and Butler in the locker room, coach Malone had to be the bad cop after Game 2 and he knows how to play it. This one made my day. :D

Looked up highlights of rookie Braun in college. The guy actually can shoot 3s! And all he did last night was to drive and penetrare. What a find!

Dang for the first time in history Quacky Jacky prediction is on course LOL
Probably but once again it's only over when the Fat Lady sings.

Regardless of the series outcome, I have to admit that I have never been a Heat fan (esp with the LeBron statement that he's taking his talent to South Beach) yet I find that their persistent uphill struggle and getting to where they are has endeared them in people looking to support the underdog. Yes Denver will likely win and yes Jokic is the new face of the NBA but this has been the best playoffs I have seen in years. Yes Denver made shots and triple doubles but for me the story was that but rather Miami was missing everything. I told my wife half way through the first period that Heat would not win that game because of their poor shooting. They were getting their shots just like Denver but they were missing everything . That's why my thoughts went to their 3 ball shooting if they were to have any chance.

I thought Malone's pregame locker room pep talk was very exciting.

Finally Jokic never ceases to amaze me.He is big but frumpy and watching him lumber to the basket like a little pudge ball and make his off balance desperation shots show that the guy just cannot be stopped.

The next game to me is the pivotal one as it either becomes a best of 3 series or the Heat have to win all of the remaining games which is unlikely

Last edited:
Reactions: jadis and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing