jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The adjustments belong to the Nuggets. How does Malone counter the 3 point shooters when they are all spread out. There are always at least 3 of them so running and chasing the ball as it goes to the open shooter is going to be tough specially they are spaced very far apart. Pure man to man defense? Can that be the answer? And they have to go back to plays involving Jokic doing high post assists. 4 only in Game 2 and 11 in Game 1. That's a 14 point difference. How to react when Jokic gets double teamed or triple team. And again, who drains the more 3s gets the better chances to win. Percentage of outside shots will determine the outcome.

Reactions: Steve Williams

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sorry guys I was gone the better part of a week. Match Play team Golf tournament in beautiful Bacolod City at the historic Marapara Golf Course. I was this year's team captain and we won :D

Just catching up on BBall now. I must have had a bad mussel so I slogged through the last day on 10 gatorades and no food hahahahaha. Back home and feeling 100% after getting an IV.

Spo is a genius. Pizza still on!

Reactions: jerrybj

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The adjustments belong to the Nuggets. How does Malone counter the 3 point shooters when they are all spread out. There are always at least 3 of them so running and chasing the ball as it goes to the open shooter is going to be tough specially they are spaced very far apart. Pure man to man defense? Can that be the answer? And they have to go back to plays involving Jokic doing high post assists. 4 only in Game 2 and 11 in Game 1. That's a 14 point difference. How to react when Jokic gets double teamed or triple team. And again, who drains the more 3s gets the better chances to win. Percentage of outside shots will determine the outcome.
You’re sounding like you’re shifting to the Heat :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You’re sounding like you’re shifting to the Heat :cool:
It might sound like it but I can't due to 1 thing - rivalry. :D After eliminating the Celtics, Spo said that Riley still have a certain 'thing'' about the Celtics and the article continued to mention his beef with Ainge when Danny was running the Celtics, not to mention when he played. I fully understand it, from my side. And I can even say the feeling is mutual. Number 2, Miami has been a playoff rival since James went there. Can never side with them. But, had there been a Lakers Heat Finals, it would be a tough call. Like my basketball soul mate Christoph, I can never side with a team with LeBron. :D

• Love
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Am I the only one for the underdog l. I still believe if the Nuggs don’t win in 6 the Heat are a very good game 7 team as they have proved this year
This is one time when I felt Vegas was right about Denver winning it all. Miami can lose home games and Denver needs to play their game and counter the adjustments made by Spo. Then they will be on track. I can't accept the fact that a better team, roster wise, will lose the finals just like that. That will be the greatest upset in recent memory, if Denver loses.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm waiting Jamal Murray to explode too. :D

He averaged 32.5 ppg in the Lakers series.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just read a comment that Spo has never won the Coach of the Year award in his 15 years as Heat HC. I guess it's because the COTY award is based on regular season win loss record. And on this season alone, Heat's record was bad enough they had to win a second game of the play in to get in. But how he motivates and uses his players during the playoff is truly his recipe of success. It's like he is a 'playoff only' coach. :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
Very excited for Game 3. So many ifs.

Wonder if Herro plays some minutes off the bench?

Michael Porter Jnr has to score more, as does KCP.
If they had both scored double digits in Game 2, Denver would have won.
And another 10 from Jamal Murray.
Hard to see Denver losing if they score 130.

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
I do think Miami has more in their favour.
Know what Finals basketball is, from recent experience.
Have two champions, who were both key in their respective city winning.

Both Bam and Jimmy's comments I read lately.
Bam when asked if the weight of responsibility is too much:
“I lived off $12,000 a year, me and my mom. It don’t get weightier than that. This is fun.”
And Jimmy talking about his time at Tyler that he hoped he was good enough to get payed to play. Maybe overseas in Europe or somewhere.
Throw in the seven undrafted players.

They are sure to have a different mentality. Maybe no longer have to prove anything to anyone else.

Steve Williams

“I lived off $12,000 a year, me and my mom. It don’t get weightier than that. This is fun.”
And Jimmy talking about his time at Tyler that he hoped he was good enough to get payed to play. Maybe overseas in Europe or somewhere.

They are sure to have a different mentality. Maybe no longer have to prove anything to anyone else.
wow, so much news. Tyler Herro is out tonight but for CP3 not surprised. Team is smart as they have an asset that is worth soemething to some team but they know he won't get them to the finish line. I've been hoping for 2 years that the Lakers would shop Le Bron when he's worth something. Plus his contract sucks the life blood of the team and the CBA. Lakers proved to me this season that they could win without him.As for CP3 a new coach is coming in and he's a good coach and he probably has been given a wish list. He knows CP3 is great but his time has come and gone unless he signs somewhere good and comes off the bench and they might win but Lakers or Suns aren't going to win with their stars. Both BTW have become injury prone

Im still feeling it for the Heat for the very astute analysis by Phil with whom I totally agree

So Jack....7 pieces of pizza. Each game winner gets a slice . So might be a good way to plan your pizza

Steve Williams

Great post and summary..I too get the emotion. This to me is the stoorybook we were read as a kid, " engine that could"

Reactions: jerrybj

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing