New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
Green stays with Warriors, no more Poole to bother him or is it the reverse? :D

Van Vleet to the Rockets with a max contract. That's a whopping $43.3m per year! Wow.

14,357 views Jul 1, 2023
On NBA Today’s Free Agency Special, Adrian Wojnarowski announces that Fred VanVleet has agreed to a 3-year deal with the Houston Rockets worth $130 million. The panel, including a fired up Richard Jefferson, react to the move.

Thanks Phil for all the news and updates. I’m surprised Brown is leaving Nuggs but for 5 times his salary I would too. Without him Nuggs might be a little soft next season

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Van Vleet to the Rockets with a max contract. That's a whopping $43.3m per year! Wow.

14,357 views Jul 1, 2023
On NBA Today’s Free Agency Special, Adrian Wojnarowski announces that Fred VanVleet has agreed to a 3-year deal with the Houston Rockets worth $130 million. The panel, including a fired up Richard Jefferson, react to the move.
Max contract but with the Rockets? He’ll be another Harden o_O

Thanks Phil for all the news and updates. I’m surprised Brown is leaving Nuggs but for 5 times his salary I would too. Without him Nuggs might be a little soft next season
Agree Steve, Brown was impressive, he was a modern day microwave Vinnie Johnson during the playoffs.

I was stunned to read this article as to who ESPN fired. The best crew in basketball was let go as well as Jalen Rose.....

ESPN lays off longtime hosts in major shakeup

Among those losing their jobs at ESPN include Jeff Van Gundy, Jalen Rose

I'm reading many comments on this, and they're saying Perkins is really lucky not to get the ax. I won't miss Jalen Rose.

Reactions: jadis
Green stays with Warriors, no more Poole to bother him or is it the reverse? :D

I'm not sure how I feel about that :oops:

I'm not sure how I feel about that :oops:
From what I hear from the talk shows, the $25m a year for 4 years is like a value reward for his loyalty, which is, by and large, translated into his 'locker room' voice ala Haslem. But Haslem got only $2m for that job. :D So his agent must be good, and guess who is his agent, bff our non-favorite guy. :D And apparently, no other team really was going to give him a package more than this, which is what he thought would happen when he opted out. Plus the fact that GS shipped out Poole, so the belief is that the Warriors will offer him something that he can't refuse.

I feel sorry for Dallas, Doncic and Dirk :rolleyes:
Another example of no team wanting to offer Kyrie bigger money. Jason Kidd has work to do after this multi year deal with Kyrie, like moving him to the 2 guard position, meaning more catch and shoot situations.

From what I hear from the talk shows, the $25m a year for 4 years is like a value reward for his loyalty, which is, by and large, translated into his 'locker room' voice ala Haslem. But Haslem got only $2m for that job. :D So his agent must be good, and guess who is his agent, bff our non-favorite guy. :D And apparently, no other team really was going to give him a package more than this, which is what he thought would happen when he opted out. Plus the fact that GS shipped out Poole, so the belief is that the Warriors will offer him something that he can't refuse.
01.07.2023_18.23.18_REC.png

• Haha
Reactions: jadis
The biggest news for me was the Nuggs not keeping Brown. He was a huge factor in the playoffs but he deserves a bigger pay day than what the Nuggs we’re paying him
I believe Denver is in the tax level and has a ceiling package for Brown. It was reported that the Lakers were about to offer him some money too but the Pacers proved having cap space is very important. $22.5m a year great a huge jump from his $6.5m last season. Hard to turn down such money.

Money talks in this league. Coach Malone was declaring in their parade that Brown is staying, but Money rules. Riley had dinner with Vincent in LA to convince him to stay with the Heat but Lakers offered him $3m more per year for 3 years than what the Heat can offer.

Strus is deemed gone to Cleveland as well for a 4 year deal. Heat is hoping Lillard says the magic words. Trade me.

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Pacers give their cornerstone Haliburton a whopping $260m 5 year deal, which is just $35m short of Jaylen Brown's
impending supermax contract of $295m. $55m to $60m a year now seems not a preposterous figure now for players who have not won anything.

Pacers give their cornerstone Haliburton a whopping $260m 5 year deal, which is just $35m short of Jaylen Brown's
impending supermax contract of $295m. $55m to $60m a year now seems not a preposterous figure now for players who have not won anything.

It's really getting crazy as we see these max contracts being inked. Im wondering if the first billion dollar max contract will go to Bronnie.....o_O

Now isn't that a thought that makes you choke on your breakfast cereal

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing