New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I would say the Lakers are better except for the existence of time. One more year on LeBron and AD makes it hard for me to be too excited..... yet.

I hope they both sit out until Jan 1. It would be frustrating and disappointing but it's probably the best thing to do. They certainly can't play the minutes they played this past season. I heard an NBA sports scientist who is now with the EPL talk about load management and how what the NBA teams refuse to get is that there is a better chance of keeping healthy by reducing minutes than skipping games. She thinks it's the extra 6-8 minutes a game that fragile players play that puts them at risk.

I would say the Lakers are better except for the existence of time. One more year on LeBron and AD makes it hard for me to be too excited..... yet.

I hope they both sit out until Jan 1. It would be frustrating and disappointing but it's probably the best thing to do. They certainly can't play the minutes they played this past season. I heard an NBA sports scientist who is now with the EPL talk about load management and how what the NBA teams refuse to get is that there is a better chance of keeping healthy by reducing minutes than skipping games. She thinks it's the extra 6-8 minutes a game that fragile players play that puts them at risk.
I agree. AsI said, Pelinka is making his best and last chance with LeBron. I think both AD and LeBron are injury prone but AD is less resilient than LeBron

Have you heard Doc’s voice lately? I can’t imagine it’s him, unless he’s spending the off season at the voice spa.

Have you heard Doc’s voice lately? I can’t imagine it’s him, unless he’s spending the off season at the voice spa.
Maybe less hoarse.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
I also like Austin Reaves re-signing with the Lakers.

I was worried his impact may not have been the same with another club.
Not that he'd be a Chandler Parsons, but I'm rooting for the guy's continued success.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve williams
So the trade demand of Lillard is Miami, period. Blazers are not satisfied with the package that Heat can offer. So what next?. There was talk that Lillard could sit and not play for the team that Portland deals with , which gave the best package. So it's now going to be a tense situation till it gets resolved. Whatever happened to a GM with blanket power and freedom to trade his player for the BEST deal, period? That was the norm then. Now, it's about the star player, and his agent, warning other teams not to trade for his client because his client doesn't want to play to that other team.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I can't believe Lillard would do an Iguodala, and refuse to play for a team.
Still, I can't believe The Blazers would send him to a non contender.

Interesting how this plays out.

I can't believe Lillard would do an Iguodala, and refuse to play for a team.
Still, I can't believe The Blazers would send him to a non contender.

Interesting how this plays out.
It is quite normal for the Blazers to look after their own interests first and foremost. They have thousands of fans to care for instead of 1 loyal player who wants out. It is Lillard who demanded 1 team only and the only way for that is a no trade clause which he doesn't have. That is the reality he faces. He's forcing the issue for extra treatment for himself and not thinking or even caring what the Blazers will receive, like only second draft picks and a guard that isn't even close to his stature? Whoever star player it is, the issue should be a professional one. Contracts are traded. That's the way it was and should be. Can't go outside what he signed and force the issue. Yes, like Iggy who sat out, and recall one Anthony Davis of the Pelicans who requested a trade during the season and even wore a t shirt saying 'that's all folks' in front of the Pelican home fans who supported him all throughout. We're talking sitting out DURING a season for no reason other than he wants to be traded asap. The game has changed, surely for the worse. It's a players' league.

Personally I wish Lillard all the luck. This is his only do or die chance to play for a contender. He has played for Portland with never a peep from him. They traded McCollum and kept Lillard but did nothing to build around him. He is asserting himself once and for all and TBH I have no problem with his demands. He’s given his all to the Blazers who never rise to the occasion in building a team around him. Broken promises. I hope he stands his ground. I really like him as a person and a player as I do igoudala. Both are class players Let the bidding begin and make it to his liking

Personally I wish Lillard all the luck. This is his only do or die chance to play for a contender. He has played for Portland with never a peep from him. They traded McCollum and kept Lillard but did nothing to build around him. He is asserting himself once and for all and TBH I have no problem with his demands. He’s given his all to the Blazers who never rise to the occasion in building a team around him. Broken promises. I hope he stands his ground. I really like him as a person and a player as I do igoudala. Both are class players Let the bidding begin and make it to his liking
Agree with everything you said, Steve. The only issue with him now, as the talk shows have repeatedly mentioned, is that he wants only Miami, Miami, Miami, Miami and Miami. His manager even warned other teams not to trade for Lillard. How can there be a bidding on him? He's not a free agent. And to have Miami insist on only Tyler Hero and some draft picks is something Portland will not accept, that is the situation now, according to various reports.

well I'm confidant it will get worked outdoor the better of both Lillard and the Blazers. He's a class player who IMO has never caused any animosity in the league. He's a good player and let's see where it leads

Reactions: jadis
well I'm confidant it will get worked outdoor the better of both Lillard and the Blazers. He's a class player who IMO has never caused any animosity in the league. He's a good player and let's see where it leads
I always felt that it will take a multi team deal to get the trade done. I have full confidence it will work out. I don't believe the Blazers will crap all over Lillard whio has been faithful to the Blazers every year that he has played. He should get a chance in the sun and I believe this will be his best and only chance

Reactions: jadis
I always felt that it will take a multi team deal to get the trade done. I have full confidence it will work out. I don't believe the Blazers will crap all over Lillard whio has been faithful to the Blazers every year that he has played. He should get a chance in the sun and I believe this will be his best and only chance
To me it looks like the Blazers have been looking for other teams to take in Tyler, since it has dragged on a bit. So they're working on the constraint to trade Lillard only to Miami and not make him unhappy by shipping him to 4 other teams who are interested. Another constraint is that Miami's draft picks will not be lottery picks since they will have a very high record once Lillard gets in. So which team wants Tyler that much and the low picks is the key to this transaction.

LBJ gets heavily criticized for switching team at the end of his contract, and here people are wishing Lillard good luck for demanding a trade in the middle of his contract. shouldn’t he be criticized as well ?

IMHO, nobody should get criticized for controlling his future. If you want to be a champion and you feel your current team is not doing what it is supposed to do to get there, it is your right to seek employment somewhere else. same way teams trade you when you don’t fit their future plans (Smart dying his hair green and loyal to Boston, and got traded).. NBA is big business, both for team and players.

even kids who want to be a doctor leave McDonalds (usual first employer)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu