New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Have to credit the Blazers' GM, fantastic job and what a haul for 1 player.
Per NBC Sports:

"Now the call can be made — Portland is a winner. This is their final haul from the Damian Lillard trade: DeAndre Ayton, Robert Williams III, Malcolm Brogdon, Warriors 2024 first-round pick, Celtics 2029 first-round pick unprotected, Bucks 2029 first-round pick unprotected, two pick swaps with the Bucks (2028 and 2030). Sorry Miami, that’s a better haul than they would have gotten elsewhere."

Have to credit the Blazers' GM, fantastic job and what a haul for 1 player.
Per NBC Sports:

"Now the call can be made — Portland is a winner. This is their final haul from the Damian Lillard trade: DeAndre Ayton, Robert Williams III, Malcolm Brogdon, Warriors 2024 first-round pick, Celtics 2029 first-round pick unprotected, Bucks 2029 first-round pick unprotected, two pick swaps with the Bucks (2028 and 2030). Sorry Miami, that’s a better haul than they would have gotten elsewhere."
But wouldn't it have been better if Dame could have been there still and they built that team around him. That's all he wanted and never complained until at this time of his career it was now or never and he requested a trade

I think Ayton is a great trade and should play better in Portland

Reactions: christoph
But wouldn't it have been better if Dame could have been there still and they built that team around him. That's all he wanted and never complained until at this time of his career it was now or never and he requested a trade

I think Ayton is a great trade and should play better in Portland
True, Steve. Maybe chemistry issues. One fan commented that Dame had, at one point, the likes of Aldridge, Batum, Wes Matthews, CJ McCollum with him, like in the 2015 season they actually finished 1st in their Division. Well, they have Billups as coach the past few years, and we can't be sure that he's really the coach to get them far. And yes, Ayton is a quality young center, Brogdon was 6th man of the year, and Williams can be a starting center in any other team as long as he stays healthy. Plus the highly touted rookie Scoot Henderson, and a good forward in Jerami Grant, and their own farm draft Anfernee Simons.

Reactions: christoph
True, Steve. Maybe chemistry issues. One fan commented that Dame had, at one point, the likes of Aldridge, Batum, Wes Matthews, CJ McCollum with him, like in the 2015 season they actually finished 1st in their Division. Well, they have Billups as coach the past few years, and we can't be sure that he's really the coach to get them far. And yes, Ayton is a quality young center, Brogdon was 6th man of the year, and Williams can be a starting center in any other team as long as he stays healthy. Plus the highly touted rookie Scoot Henderson, and a good forward in Jerami Grant, and their own farm draft Anfernee Simons.
I agree about Billups. He really has done nothing to prove himself.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Celts and Bucks are the teams to beat in the East and in the west , just about every team could make it to the playoffs. The west is stacked but MO still goes through Denver regardless of the loss of a key player

so far every trade seems to have benefited all teams now and in the years to come. This is going to be an exciting season.....better than last. I'm even excited for my Lakers
No doubt Pelinka has done a good job signing the coveted free agents. They should be up there in the West down the line. They might even win the up the line IN Play trophy. :D

Brad took in an ex Laker Center in Wayne Gabriel. Maybe to fill in the spot of Robert Williams.

Celts and Bucks are the teams to beat in the East and in the west , just about every team could make it to the playoffs. The west is stacked but MO still goes through Denver regardless of the loss of a key player
Media pundits are saying of the Bucks and C's meet in the playoffs, Jrue vs Dame would be the matchup to watch. :D

Denver already has a great system and great chemistry. Those are tough to find in the NBA. They just need to find the next man up for the loss of Bruce Brown.

Reactions: steve williams
Media pundits are saying of the Bucks and C's meet in the playoffs, Jrue vs Dame would be the matchup to watch. :D

Denver already has a great system and great chemistry. Those are tough to find in the NBA. They just need to find the next man up for the loss of Bruce Brown.
No doubt Bruce Brown was a force but the Nuggs are a mature team and with a healthy Murray and Jokic they can go far

Reactions: jadis
No doubt Pelinka has done a good job signing the coveted free agents. They should be up there in the West down the line. They might even win the up the line IN Play trophy. :D

Brad took in an ex Laker Center in Wayne Gabriel. Maybe to fill in the spot of Robert Williams.
I never once saw Wayne Gabriel play. In fact the first time hearing that name mentioned .

• Wow
Miami to me is the unknown. I don't think they've done anything in the off season to say they will be anything but a fly on the backside of the Celts and Bucks
They lost Vincent and Struss, 2 starters by Spo is good in finding new names (undrafted even) to do the job. They are always dangerous in the playoffs. And it's not that they don't have big name big salaried stars, they are no. 5 in the team salary list.

The hype has begun.

FB_IMG_1696221797188.jpg

Reactions: steve williams
and more hype.......

Bucks' massive trade for Damian Lillard puts NBA on notice

With the new superstar tandem of Lillard and Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee emerges as the favorite to win the 2024 title.

WINDY ON LILLARD TRADE: BUCKS NEED TO WIN TITLE TO KEEP GIANNIS

more drama to consider
My take on Giannis is that he would not be regarded in a good light if after the Lillard trade they fail to win the championship and he decides to Leave

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu