New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The Unicorn rules. :D

The Warriors should be called the mighty mice LOL I'll be watching them very closely this year as last year appears to have closed the small ball era. I can't wait to see how CP3 will bring back Draymond's offense. That is something nobody is talking about. Curry and Thompson locating and relocating for threes as cp3 finds draymond for PNR and Draymond finding the two shooters as the secondary playmaker. They've never had this ever even the KD era then Looney and Wiggins to crash the offensive boards.

How to do it for the mighty mice in the forrest of redwoods which is now the West?

Reactions: christoph
The Warriors should be called the mighty mice LOL I'll be watching them very closely this year as last year appears to have closed the small ball era. I can't wait to see how CP3 will bring back Draymond's offense. That is something nobody is talking about. Curry and Thompson locating and relocating for threes as cp3 finds draymond for PNR and Draymond finding the two shooters as the secondary playmaker. They've never had this ever even the KD era then Looney and Wiggins to crash the offensive boards.

How to do it for the mighty mice in the forrest of redwoods which is now the West?
Jack, so they're not old anymore? Lol

Good to see Zion leading the Pelicans.

Good to see Zion leading the Pelicans.
well we are one game in ;) . Is Zion off a few games now for load management? Zion IMO has to stay healthy, lose weight and show up to play before he gains some redemption from the fans

Reactions: jadis
IMO the player to follow is Victor Wembanyama, who is probably the biggest rookie phenom since Le Bron entered the league 20 years ago. He had a good game last night but got into foul trouble and Doncic's triple double sealed the win for the Cavs

Victor Wembanyama in his NBA debut: - 15 PTS (9 in Q4) - 5 REB - 67% FG

Mavericks-Spurs: 5 takeaways as Luka Doncic spoils Victor Wembanyama's debut

Victor Wembanyama plays in his much-anticipated first NBA game, but Luka Doncic delivers to power Dallas to victory.

well we are one game in ;) . Is Zion off a few games now for load management? Zion IMO has to stay healthy, lose weight and show up to play before he gains some redemption from the fans
I'm amazed at how with his weight, he can easily dunk, sometimes with a spinning dunk.

Reactions: steve williams
Clippers with George and Leonard healthy finally, easily beat the Blazers.

In the east Im getting the feeling that the Raptors could be a team to watch

As for the Celtics, Tatum played great and started the season scoring 34

@JackD201 @jadis .....the GSW are indeed getting older but they are playing better than I anticipated in preseason . Jack might be onto something.

I also read that contract extensions for Green and Thompson are off the table and there is a move afoot to bring Draymond to Miami Could this be Klay's last year. I don't seeCurry going anywhere but retiring as a GSW

I'm amazed at how with his weight, he can easily dunk, sometimes with a spinning dunk.
Bottom line is if he can get his act together he is a remarkable player. To me however Victor is the next face of the NBA

I forgot to add that the other team that is on the brink of finally having a great season is the OKC Thunder as they easily beat the Bulls last night behind Alexander's 34 points. He too is a gifted and remarkable player. With so much talent and speed in the league this year, it will be a poster season and barring injuries, anything is possible. Heck even the Warriors and Lakers look good but so far the younger teams I feel have the advantage. Lakers have already begun counting LeBron's minutes played per game

• Wow
Reactions: steve williams
My son sent this to me. At least Doc is honest.:D

The Tik Tok Doris and Doc show. They were duds. Breen to me is an excellent play play commentator. SVG is now with the Celts. Where is Mark Jackson these days

This lengthy read summarizes my feelings about the recent extension on Giannis contract but leaving him the option in year 3 to opt out. This clearly puts the heat on Dame as well as the Bucks front office. The following quote shows the problem the Bucks face with draft choices.......The big question is how long beyond the next 2 tears will Giannis be in Milwaukee. He is clearly chasing rings and his legacy IMO

THE FULL RAMIFICATIONS of the Bucks trade for Lillard won't be understood for months, maybe even years. The team does not control its own first-round pick until 2032. They have just two second-round picks in that same span.

Clippers with George and Leonard healthy finally, easily beat the Blazers.

In the east Im getting the feeling that the Raptors could be a team to watch

As for the Celtics, Tatum played great and started the season scoring 34

@JackD201 @jadis .....the GSW are indeed getting older but they are playing better than I anticipated in preseason . Jack might be onto something.

I also read that contract extensions for Green and Thompson are off the table and there is a move afoot to bring Draymond to Miami Could this be Klay's last year. I don't seeCurry going anywhere but retiring as a GSW

Of course you and Phil are very right. Klay is still not Klay and old Klay might not even be enough. It's CP3 that intrigues me in all this after watching highlights of all the preseason games and game 1. He fits right in and IMO, at least offensively, that he could be in a line up when they need a run crazy as it sounds because of the age. The thing is he doesn't have to play as many minutes anymore and Cory Joseph or that kid that looks like a red mushroom Podz&^% are solid for a few minutes a piece over the regular season. So what I'm watching for is how, if possible, they can be at least average defensively with a mighty mouse line up . I mean these are still 5 All-Stars. Some teams don't have any.

As a BB nerd, man Steve Kerr has got one hell of a job on his hands. IMO it all rides on the coaching staff figuring out a solid set of defensive strategies that the old boys can actually implement. It's a really interesting story to me.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
This is destined not to end well. IMO they should not be paying Harden as well as fining him for every game and practice he misses. Sorry but methinks he has been the sole reason as to why his career is now a shadow of its former self

James Harden not traveling for season opener in Milwaukee, per 76ers' request​

Coach Nick Nurse says Harden is 'fine' with the decision after not playing in preseason and missing practice last week.

Reactions: christoph
What a game tonight between Lakers and Suns . Lakers as usual start strong and take early lead but are tied at 39. Suns lead by as much as 12 but Suns collapse in the 4th and lead by LeBron they overtake the subs in the final minute and win 100-95
wow. I never would have believed they would have won this game

It’s obvious they are closely watching LeBrons minutes as he was on the bench a lot. I thought AD plays great but has yet to reach his pinnacle. and that seems obvious when he plays without LeBron. Plus Beale has yet to play.

Nonetheless the game was win in the 4th by LeBron

Lakers are 1-1

In light of the fact the NBA season starts today, and in light of the fact that our site is, first and foremost, a music oriented site, I thought I would combine the 2 and let members know about a brand new album by Superman:

61M21TS1ULL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
GO KNICKS!

Suns were 2 stars short yet they outplayed the Lakers until the 4th period when they went dead and LeBron took over for the win.It was an exciting 4th period and I was frankly shocked that they won. Even with just Durant the Suns looked very good. Below is a good synopsis of the two teams

Suns-Lakers: 5 takeaways as LeBron James outduels Kevin Durant

LeBron James delivers in the 4th quarter, the Suns' lack of size is an issue and Anthony Davis awakens.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu