New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Giannis gets extension. $60m a year and change. In the level of Jaylen Brown's contract but not as long. With option to opt out on the 3rd year. Basically a firm 2 years with the Buck.

I read that last night and wondered if hr is posturing himself for something even bigger than Jaylen Brown who will have 3 years left on his mega contract whereas Giannis, if his 2 previous years were productive, and with a ring, he is destined to surpass the contract of Brown by huge amounts.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Well, with only hours to go until tip off and with the Lakers and Nuggs resuming where they left off last year I thought this should be the morning read as , so far the trip to the finals still goes through Denver.....

Nuggets have all the pieces needed to defend NBA title

Denver, led by 2-time NBA MVP Nikola Jokic, enters the 2023-24 season as defending champions

IMO the chance to repeat in this league has become almost impossible let alone a Pat Riley three-peat. The league is stacked with talent this year and just about every team has improved. Im going to miss Mark Jackson, PVG and Green at curtsied. I cannot believe that ESPN fired the team and hired a woman in Breen's place as play by play commentator. I heard one preseason game she did and turned it off.

so 82 games to go before the 2024 Finals begin :eek:

IMO the chance to repeat in this league has become almost impossible let alone a Pat Riley three-peat. The league is stacked with talent this year and just about every team has improved. Im going to miss Mark Jackson, PVG and Green at curtsied. I cannot believe that ESPN fired the team and hired a woman in Breen's place as play by play commentator. I heard one preseason game she did and turned it off.

so 82 games to go before the 2024 Finals begin :eek:
Steve,
Breen will still do the play by play. Burke and Rivers will be the analysts, not really your favorite characters. But mercifully, Perkins was not tapped for any live games service.:D

From Associated Press:

"Doris Burke will become the first woman to serve as a game analyst on television for a championship final in one of the four major professional U.S. sports leagues."

"ESPN announced Monday that Burke and Doc Rivers will join Mike Breen on ESPN and ABC’s top NBA broadcast crew."

Yes, I did't want to mention her name as I truly don't like her court side with color commentary . ESPN to me is DOA I watched Monday Night Football last night where they had the Manning brothers with several guests during the night, such as Klay Thomson and Aaron Rogers. It was without doubt the worst narrated game in any sport I have ever watched. Peyton does all the talking and Eli says nothing and just smiles. It is a Zoom video with the three faces along the left side of the screen What is ESPN thinking. It was so uninspiring and this is what I feel with Doris Burke. "Lackluster" is the best word that comes to mind to describe her

Reactions: jadis
as for Doc Rivers, I lost interest in him years ago when he refused to go to a team that is rebuilding. He felt he was too good and only wanted a contender to coach. Doc is just a name from the past.

• Wow
What a start for the season opener was the fans are juiced as are the p[layers. Lakers, as always take the lead but are tied at 12 and with minutes left in the 1st Nuggs lead 29-18

Jokic looks even better than last year. He is unstoppable

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Caldwell Pope is making the Lakers pay for dropping him as he is dropping 3's from everywhere. Jamal Murray seems stronger than last year and from what I a seeing the path to the Larry O'Brien in the WC goes through Denver

80-69 Nuggs with 4:52 left in the third

Lakers get to within 3 but in the end too much Jokic, Murray and KCP ( who single handedly IMO was the deciding factor in the game). And when they aren't in the game Porter is and he is making 3's from everywhere. Nuggs are well poised to defend their championship.

Davis goes scoreless in the second half. You don't win games when your star is a no show

Final Nuggs 119 Lakers. 107

Lakers get to within 3 but in the end too much Jokic, Murray and KCP ( who single handedly IMO was the deciding factor in the game). And when they aren't in the game Porter is and he is making 3's from everywhere. Nuggs are well poised to defend their championship.

Davis goes scoreless in the second half. You don't win games when your star is a no show

Final Nuggs 119 Lakers. 107
Nuggets still a very well oiled machine. The starters show cohesiveness, like they know who to go to for clutch points, and excellent defense as well. Their starting 5 is truly magnificent.

Suns vs GSW went right to the buzzer as there were many lead changes and Suns at one point had a 15 point lead .

At the end however Suns barely get the "W"

108-104 Suns prevail

Terrific game

Suns vs GSW went right to the buzzer as there were many lead changes and Suns at one point had a 15 point lead .

At the end however Suns barely get the "W"

108-104 Suns prevail

Terrific game
I feel it's Booker's time this season. Maybe same as Tatum. Both have enough learning years.

Watching the Lakers lose their 5th in a row vs the Nuggs, this was their first reality check. The Nuggs are just too good from top to bottom of their roster and if that ain't enough the Suns also looked like the WC will be all about the Nuts and Suns unless teams can find a way to beat them. Both were unflappable last night. And BTW, Jokic did have a triple double last night

Lakers-Nuggets: 5 takeaways from triumphant ring night in Denver

Nikola Jokic racks up a 29-point triple-double as the Nuggets roll the Lakers in the NBA's 2023-24 season opener

this one is for you Phil.In spite of adding Dame the Celtics are still favored over the Bucks.....tonight the Celts vs Knicks will be a good test.....

Trending Topics: NBA standings predictions in East

How will the East playoff seeds shake out in 2023-24? Our writers weigh in with their picks

And at the end of the day (season) this is what it is all about and what causes players to demand trades and what brings mega contracts to some of the victors.....

A simply beautiful ring that smacks of greatness
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 8.07.11?AM.png

Inside the details and features of the Nuggets' NBA championship rings

Reactions: jadis
First glimpse or hearing Doc and Doris as analysts in where Celtics first game. Good start by the Celtics nevertheless.

Knicks quite tough. Great game.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu