New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I didn’t know that. My mistake. I just don’t know EC players. Thanks Phil. Well he should get the award for most improved. He impressed me in the final game I always rely on your knowledge Phil as I only pay attention to the top 3 teams in the EC but Pacers could easily be there. Jack’s: patience will be rewarded this year. The Pacers, Magic, Wolves and OKC are the wonder kids this year for me with the Magic really impressing me

Reactions: jadis
Halliburton practically begged to play for GS the year GS drafted Wiseman. He was drafted by SAC and sent to Indy for Sabonis.

SGA, ANT, Halliburton, Foxx have truly arrived as real problems.

I can't believe this but the league is trying to squeeze the In Season Tournament for even more.....The All Tournament Team :eek:

NBA In-Season Tournament: LeBron James, Kevin Durant headline All-Tournament Team

The inaugural All-Tournament Team, selected by a panel of media members, is based off performances throughout the Tournament.

I was surprised to see the power rankings today where the Wolves are now number one with Boston falling into the 2 spot. Celts are unbeaten at home and lost on the road in the In Season to be eliminated by the Pacers. Murray is back with Denver but the chemistry is still off as they ha ve a 3 game losing streak

Power Rankings, Week 8: Wolves take control of No. 1 spot​

Minnesota stays hot to rise to the top while the Lakers and Pacers climb into the Top 10.

I am also amazed at the Spurs who have now lost 17 in a row and are 3-19 with only the Pistons in the cellar with all but 2 wins this season.Hmm, I just saw the Pistons are on a 20 game loss streak

Now that the silly tournament is over let's get down to league action. A very busy week for games coming up

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
Well Luka not only played but he shot the lights out backed up by his posse who wreaking 3's. Lakers trailed most of the night but finally caught and overtook the mass and lead by 7 until Luka took over

Since he has thinned down he is a threat from everywhere

Final Mavs 127-125 to halt the Lakers win streak

Represent! :D

I can't believe this but the league is trying to squeeze the In Season Tournament for even more.....The All Tournament Team :eek:

NBA In-Season Tournament: LeBron James, Kevin Durant headline All-Tournament Team

The inaugural All-Tournament Team, selected by a panel of media members, is based off performances throughout the Tournament.

The IS Tournament is already a great laughing stock among NBA fans across the world as I read their comments below the news items on the net. The comments ranged from conspiracy theories to the NBA becoming NBE (E for Entertainment ala WWE). These are not wild accusations and are destroying the sport that fans love for decades by tuning it to become entertainment (ie forcibly shoving the rules or no-rules down the necks of fans and players alike). As entertainment, pretty soon there will be no real meaning of what is called a champion, as now, an IT champion has the same 'glory' or hoopla as the erstwhile league champion aka 'world champion', and Silver has drove hard on his plan to conduct the NBA in 'glitter' form, or $$$ form to be exact. There was a time when Phil Jackson called the 1999 Spurs a champion with asterisk, meaning it was a lockout shortened season (50 games). Of late, there already are asterisks for the bubble champion, the IT champion, and who knows what champion, maybe a March 5-game champion to bang heads with the NCAA March Madness champion. And next year, there might be a 3-game tournament that is yet to be named. And finally, yes, finally, there will be a mythical first 5 for the 3-game league as well. :D

PS. I also echo your question, Steve, about where the NBA gets the money pot of the tournament winner. I am guessing that the NBA generates their own income, as a corporation ? With Silver, anything can happen and will happen. :D

And I even have an advantage: I live less than 20 miles from the Fieldhouse (I'll be sitting fifteen feet from the Pacers' bench next Monday!). I'll represent for you, Jack!
I was a three-time playoff Pacers fan, one against the Knicks, then the Bulls, and another against the Lakers of Shaq and Kobe. Oh how I wished they won those. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JackD201
Well Luka not only played but he shot the lights out backed up by his posse who wreaking 3's. Lakers trailed most of the night but finally caught and overtook the mass and lead by 7 until Luka took over

Since he has thinned down he is a threat from everywhere

Final Mavs 127-125 to halt the Lakers win streak
One of those nights when a seldom used Dante Exum ( a high draft pick from many years ago) burns the opponent with multiple 3s, each followed by a big smile on his face.

Yet another episode of NBE. The grappler/stomper adds a new move, round house swing (fully extended arms ) to the face/head of Nurkic. And there was no hard provocation from Nurkic to elicit such a hit. The league keeps condoning Green's move by lightly suspending him, what's it gonna be now, 1 game suspension? When is he going to be stopped ? I said again and again, Green is not playing basketball, he should be in the MMA where he will get whipped and pummeled into oblivion.

Dallas looked very good last night even without Kyrie,=. Doncic is a one man shooting machine. He must take 90% of the shots by Dallas,. Indeed a ball hog but he shoots with such accuracy.

Reactions: jadis
Draymond is showing contrition.....hmmm. His style of play is simply unacceptable in the NBA

Inside The NBA: Draymond Green apologizes after ejection

Draymond Green explains that he was trying to sell a call and did not intend to hit Jusuf Nurkic.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Well yet another ring ceremony, the Bulls Ring of Honor (sounds like a new Hobbit book)

Michael Jordan headlines inaugural class for Bulls' Ring of Honor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing