New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Terrific game now between Denver and Golden State. Like a playoff game!

Warriors are proving that they can easily lose a series in 4 without getting blown out. :(

They are a great 36 minute team it seems.

the last shot was like a dagger to the heart for the GSW

Yes the Warriors are a good 36 minute team but heck, the Lakers are an even better 24 minute team. Perhaps that could be a topic for yet another NBA tournament

Game for me tonight is the Grizz vs Lakers and a chance to see Morant play but as luck would have it I am taking my wife to Kia Fort (not crypto.com) to see The Eagles -The Long GoodBye -tonigh,t also starring Steely Dan on the other side of town

I see your point there, Jack. Just pointing out the lightness of punishment (13 games) on infractions 'on court' (some are deadly as well, like the choke hold) against off court. I'm seeing this within the confines of the game of basketball. Off court to me would be a 'legal' matter though I really agree that Ja's 2 offenses were a no no, as in the case of Gilbert Arenas who went farther by bringing a gun into the locker room. I just feel Green should be meted more suspension time than 25 games.
Both players were guilty of insanely wicked doings. Morant indeed deserved what he got and I truly hope he will walk the straight and narrow as he is a great player.

OTOH Green is a thug with multiple offenses and has never been adequately punished IMHO
I don't understand why the Commish is wavering on this one

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Leaving the Forum where we saw the Eagles. Fabulous concert. Other news in LaLa Land is the Clippers are surging as they win again tonight and the Lakers are in free fall as they lose their 10 of their last 13. I must admit I expected Memphis to win. Go Ja

Boston wins again and the Sixers get clobbered by the Knicks What an exciting season this is

Had to look up one Ziaire Williams of Memphis. Boy, can he shoot, more and more talents appearing which is a very exciting thing. Marcus Smart lit up the 3 point line with a hoard of long bombs. He's the lone ex Celtic battling a whole fleet of Lakers. :D He now looks like a bushman. lol.

And how bout Banchero of the Magic. First triple double to beat the Nuggets. He's tough and he's got fire in his eyes. The bad thing is that he's in the EC. :D

Clippers' are smoking hot too. They look serious. A bunch of veterans mixed with some younger ones. I wouldn't like to face them deep in the playoffs.

I still remain a skeptic about the Clippers but right now they are hot
The one certainty Phil is the Celtics. They just look better and better every game they play. I believe there isn't a team in the West that can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.

The one certainty Phil is the Celtics. They just look better and better every game they play. I believe there isn't a team in the West that can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.
Brad as assembled a very formidable first 5. I never thought he'd do well and he proved many people wrong.

sad to watch the decline of Chris Paul, now in his 19th season and 5th team and ringless. Sadly this won't be the warriors year. That leaves harden and Westbrook as the old triumvirate at OKC. KD is the only one to win a ring, interestingly enough with the GSW..IIRC KD exited the GSW after an altercation with none other than Draymond Green

Chris Paul fractures left hand in Warriors' victory, will undergo surgery next week

The 19-year veteran sustains the injury in the 3rd quarter when he makes contact with Detroit's Jaden Ivey while trying to corral a long rebound.

sad to watch the decline of Chris Paul, now in his 19th season and 5th team and ringless. Sadly this won't be the warriors year. That leaves harden and Westbrook as the old triumvirate at OKC. KD is the only one to win a ring, interestingly enough with the GSW..IIRC KD exited the GSW after an altercation with none other than Draymond Green

Chris Paul fractures left hand in Warriors' victory, will undergo surgery next week

The 19-year veteran sustains the injury in the 3rd quarter when he makes contact with Detroit's Jaden Ivey while trying to corral a long rebound.

I'm still boggled at how any team would pay Chris Paul $31m a year for this season and next year. I felt his best years were with the Clippers and then the Rockets, where a hamstring injury down the stretch cost him another series victory. He must have a super manager/agent or he may be his own super manager.

You are right, Steve, Green caused KD to bolt out, another dark feather he his cap. But it seems the splash brothers and Kerr view him as indispensable.

To me, this is all anti-climactic. From the past article saying that the league had viewed Green's completion of the final step to rehab, now comes this official reinstatement - a 'whopping' total of 12 games suspension. And Kerr finally said something, Steve.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams
Well, the powerful agent is mentioned. The same agent who went to Silver's table in a restaurant to tell Silver that Luke Walton was not the 'right coach' for the Lakers'. Something tells me there is some 'power play'' that went on with this slap in the wrist suspension.

'The group meetings -- which were done over video calls and also included Green's agent Klutch CEO Rich Paul, Warriors general manager Mike Dunleavy Jr. and team trainer Rick Celebrini, according to Wojnarowski -- were part of what the NBA described as "certain league and team conditions" that Green had to fulfill before his reinstatement.'

Reactions: Steve Williams
I said at the start of the season that the Rockets have improved but not enough to be anything more than spoilers and they proved that last night as the beat the Bucks

On the flip side the Celtics are playing .800 ball and there isn't a team they break a sweat over.

Reactions: jadis
The Knicks however could be the Cinderella team this year as well as the Magic as both teams are playing well and I love to see fresh faces and new teams in the playoffs rather than the same old stuff

Knicks are 4th in the EC and Magic are 6th but guess who is in the 5 spot.....the Heat

what an interesting season.

Im expecting to see Memphis battling for a playoff position.

As for the Lakers, they are in free fall and no longer fun to watch.I like Darvin Ham but the Lakers from office doesn't tolerate a losing team and the coach is the first to go

AS for the WC, the Wolves are a strong team but IMO not good enough to beat the Nuggs. IMO the Cinderella team in the WC that I see beating Denver and facing the Celtics is OKC. As long as SGA stays healthy they are a young, fast and very talented team

Yup their young new beanpole Chet is stealing the show from Wenby. He's the real deal too and will only get better every game he gets under his belt. They look like they are playing with a chip on their shoulders too despite being so young.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing