New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I thought it was White that relegated Horford to coming in off the bench
He was already starting last season so I think it's more of Holiday's arrival that made Horford the the 6th man which works better for his time management given his age.

Here comes the Draymond to Lakers rumors. Bill Simmons talks about Green for Reeves swap. :eek:

I'm guessing his business benefactor in LA will root if not make a strong lobby for it. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: christoph
Here comes the Draymond to Lakers rumors. Bill Simmons talks about Green for Reeves swap. :eek:

I'm guessing his business benefactor in LA will root if not make a strong lobby for it. :D

The Lakers would be out of their minds to do that deal. Reaves is the future of the Lakers. Draymond is garbage on its way out the door looking to smell a little prettier at the exit. However no ore how any times you polish a turd, it's still a turd

Reactions: jadis
The Lakers would be out of their minds to do that deal. Reaves is the future of the Lakers. Draymond is garbage on its way out the door looking to smell a little prettier at the exit. However no ore how any times you polish a turd, it's still a turd
Totally agree, Steve. It would be a monumental 'step back' if Reeves would be dealt, considering his consistent plays and husle on both ends. Green had made the Warriors lose 1 title when he punched LeBron (ironically as they are now bbfs and business partners) below the belt in a Game 4 Finals.

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Tough loss by the Lakers tonight at Minnesota. The game was pretty even for most of the entire game until the last few minutes when Minnesota went ahead by 3 points. Quickly, however, the Lakers came within a point as LeBron threw up what appeared to be a very close three-point shot which he made but the referees called it a two-point shot. Subsequently the wolves use the foul line to close out the game. Final score Wolves 108 Lakers, 106

as goods as the Wolves are I also don’t see them coming out of the West. I still feel it’s the Nuggets to lose

Back to back games. Tonight in New Orleans there is proof that hubris exists as Lakers are getting killed by the Penguins
at the half Pels lead 74-57

C J Mc Collom is still one heck of a great player

The Pels toyed with the Lakers the entire game as the Lakers were woefully outplayed by a much sharper and better team. lakers fall to .500 after back to back losses.

Happy Birthday to LeBron who turned 39 and tonight he looked it

other teams used to fear the Lakers but the league now considers them ordinary (as they are). If they qualify the year Im betting it will come from the Play in tournament

Final 129 Pels Lakers 109:oops:

and here's another stat....the Lakers have lost 8 of their last 11 games

watching the Celtics yesterday, they are such a well poised team and are clearly on a mission. I just cannot see the Celtics lose this year if they stay healthy. Tatum is playing so well that he is mentioned in the Kia MVP ladder on a regular basis now

Reactions: christoph and jadis
and here's another stat....the Lakers have lost 8 of their last 11 games

watching the Celtics yesterday, they are such a well poised team and are clearly on a mission. I just cannot see the Celtics lose this year if they stay healthy. Tatum is playing so well that he is mentioned in the Kia MVP ladder on a regular basis now
NBA is now on a grueling pace. Back to back games are THE test for a team's endurance, stamina, grit and poise, and responding to pressure. Having a relatively young team on the average is a plus. Of course skill and leadership are essential. Celtics got the piece they want, and it reminds me of the year that they added Bill Walton in 1986 after losing to the Lakers the previous year. Egos don't matter and they should not in a team. Walton was humble enough to visit the house of Robert Parish before the season to tell him that he's not here to steal his starting job but to back him up as a reserve and it worked wonders. IMO, Horford taking the off the bench role this year is exemplary, No ego burst as in the time when Ray Allen feuded with the coach for having to come off the bench after an injury. I'm very glad to see Horford set a good example for his teammates. Tatum is now learning to pass and look for others, being a great player means making your teammates better, as in most cases.

The Lakers, in my observation, is still looking for the 3rd big scorer to consistently help the team's offense. Injuries have hampered the rotation. Imo, Reeves should be that 3rd big scorer, night in and night out.

NBA is now on a grueling pace. Back to back games are THE test for a team's endurance, stamina, grit and poise, and responding to pressure. Having a relatively young team on the average is a plus. Of course skill and leadership are essential. Celtics got the piece they want, and it reminds me of the year that they added Bill Walton in 1986 after losing to the Lakers the previous year. Egos don't matter and they should not in a team. Walton was humble enough to visit the house of Robert Parish before the season to tell him that he's not here to steal his starting job but to back him up as a reserve and it worked wonders. IMO, Horford taking the off the bench role this year is exemplary, No ego burst as in the time when Ray Allen feuded with the coach for having to come off the bench after an injury. I'm very glad to see Horford set a good example for his teammates. Tatum is now learning to pass and look for others, being a great player means making your teammates better, as in most cases.
I don’t see any burst on the Lakers starting 5. Problem is their star is 39 years old and AD has to stay consistent night after night

Clippers with an impressive win over the Heat. It seems like their Big 3.5 is now like 3.75 :D

Westbrook seems to have accepted his role in the secondary unit and that seems to suit the Clippers well as a team. Mann, Powell and Zubac are doing well too.

I still can't see the Clippers prevailing in the West but what do I know. I also can't see the Wolves prevailing in the West as well. Knicks are rising and easily beat the Wolves last night. To me the best game last night was the rivalry between Bucks and Pacers. Pacers to me are a very good team and will be a factor in the EC playoff. I see the unknowns but actors in the west to be the Suns and the Clippers and I believe a healthy Suns can beat the Clippers. FWIW I still believe the path in the West has to go through Denver. At the end of the day there are just too many good teams that have the potential to go all the way My unknowns in the East are the Pacers and the Knicks

Battle of the 7 footers in Porzinis vs Holmgren. great matchup! Like Kareem vs Wilt. :)

OKC has a lot of young fast and strong talents. Good plays too being implemented, good coaching.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu