New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Grizzlies, without Morant, surprised the Suns who were with its big 3.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
How about this. For bragging rights in LaLa Land the Lakers at home to the Clippers in a back and forth game final

Lakers 106-103 as Lakers snap a 4 game losing streak.

this was a must game for the Lakers

How about this. For bragging rights in LaLa Land the Lakers at home to the Clippers in a back and forth game final

Lakers 106-103 as Lakers snap a 4 game losing streak.

this was a must game for the Lakers
Defense of the Lakers showed up, specially in the last 3 minutes.

Reactions: steve williams
Memphis is beginning to look like the team of old as they beat the Suns last night and are climbing out of the bottom. If they stay healthy and behave they will be more than spoilers IMO

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I almost fell off my chair today when I read this. This is huge as for me, the Cinderella team has emerged in the west and it appears to be the OKC Thunder . As I said yesterday......AS for the WC, the Wolves are a strong team but IMO not good enough to beat the Nuggs. IMO the Cinderella team in the WC that I see beating Denver and facing the Celtics is OKC. As long as SGA stays healthy they are a young, fast and very talented team

Right now if the season ended today I would say the Thunder would win the WC

IMO t OKC is the hot team now and deservedly so to be ranked number 1

Power Rankings, Week 12: Thunder overtake Celtics for No. 1 spot

Oklahoma City moves past Boston for the top spot as the West continues to hold an edge over the East this season.

Reactions: jadis
Seems like yesterday that we were talking the same way about OKC with Durant, Westbrook and 6th man of the year Harden. I feel old LOL

Exciting game between Jack's Pacers and my C's. Close close game till the end. There was a foul on Brown that was overturned by the replay center which said that the hand of a Pacer hit the ball first and then in a split second his arm hit the head of Brown. Live call was a foul on the Pacer but it was overturned. So Brown didn't get 2 free throws and the next play the Unicorn was charged with a foul on the 3 ball attempt of ta Pacer whose hand visibly extended to hit the Unicorn's hand to elicit a whistle. :D Part of the game, these refs. Jack gets the win, so it's all good over here. Btw, hope the injury to Haliburton is not serious and he took a bad fall.

Exciting game between Jack's Pacers and my C's. Close close game till the end. There was a foul on Brown that was overturned by the replay center which said that the hand of a Pacer hit the ball first and then in a split second his arm hit the head of Brown. Live call was a foul on the Pacer but it was overturned. So Brown didn't get 2 free throws and the next play the Unicorn was charged with a foul on the 3 ball attempt of ta Pacer whose hand visibly extended to hit the Unicorn's hand to elicit a whistle. :D Part of the game, these refs. Jack gets the win, so it's all good over here. Btw, hope the injury to Haliburton is not serious and he took a bad fall.
I was there tonight. Haliburton's injury sucked all of the air out of the room for the following five minutes, but then the Pacers decided to get fierce instead of limp away and thy exploded for 44 points in Q3. This group of young players doesn't know that they're supposed to crack when their leader goes down! The home crowd is also beginning to fall in love with Jalen Smith. He's not polished, but he gives everything he's got, sort of like a young, tall T.J. McConnell.

Shai G Alexander is now on his 6th NBA season, blossoming into a premiere PG/SG, and at 6'6" has a good height advantage over most PGs in the league, He's averaging 31 ppg so far, and last season he also did the same for the whole season. That's something to watch out for, he can score at will.

I was there tonight. Haliburton's injury sucked all of the air out of the room for the following five minutes, but then the Pacers decided to get fierce instead of limp away and thy exploded for 44 points in Q3. This group of young players doesn't know that they're supposed to crack when their leader goes down! The home crowd is also beginning to fall in love with Jalen Smith. He's not polished, but he gives everything he's got, sort of like a young, tall T.J. McConnell.
I'm quite impressed with Mathurin, he will shine in the coming years.

It just seems the Pacers match up well with the Celtics Nothing is a given on any night in the NBA. Parity has almost leveled the field

I’m watching Suns vs Clippers in LA in the second game of a back to back and I guess load management is not an issue for Kawhi or his uncle this year as I noticed Kawhi is playing. Is this the Adam Silver rule that load management isn’t a phrase used anymore

• Wow
It just seems the Pacers match up well with the Celtics Nothing is a given on any night in the NBA. Parity has almost leveled the field
Plus Carlisle is a good coach.

Reactions: steve williams
Ja out for the season after sustaining a shoulder injury requiring surgery at practice :oops:

This the kind of news that I never heard coming from a sports commissioner in ANY major sports like football and baseball.

Draymond Green says NBA commish talked him out of retirement​

"I told him, 'Adam this is too much for me. ... This is too much. It's all becoming too much for me -- and I'm going to retire,'" Green said. "And Adam said, 'You're making a very rash decision and I won't let you do that.'

I could have imagined that coming from Mark Cuban to Dirk Nowitzki but not by a sitting NBA commissioner to a player of one of the 30 teams which hired him to run the league. I grew up watching Larry O'Brien and David Stern steering the league, with respect, but Silver is clearly steering towards players who he feels makes the league 'click' - through media mileage and fanfare (aka selling tickets and merchandise to fund maybe for another 5 or 7 game tournament). And I didn't know Adam is now the common way to address the NBA commissioner. Whatever happened to Mr. Silver or Mr. Commissioner ? Apparently Silver doesn't mind being buddy buddies with 'news-making' players. :D

I am not sure of what to make of ACTIVE players doing podcasts. Wouldn''t there be a possible conflict of interest when the guest is also an active player ? The word the comes to mind is TAMPERING. Amazing this goes on when there is a rule in the book that said active player (or member of any team) cannot talk with another active player of another team, I assume in the course of the season. With Silver, anything goes.

• Sad
This the kind of news that I never heard coming from a sports commissioner in ANY major sports like football and baseball.

Draymond Green says NBA commish talked him out of retirement​

"I told him, 'Adam this is too much for me. ... This is too much. It's all becoming too much for me -- and I'm going to retire,'" Green said. "And Adam said, 'You're making a very rash decision and I won't let you do that.'

I could have imagined that coming from Mark Cuban to Dirk Nowitzki but not by a sitting NBA commissioner to a player of one of the 30 teams which hired him to run the league. I grew up watching Larry O'Brien and David Stern steering the league, with respect, but Silver is clearly steering towards players who he feels makes the league 'click' - through media mileage and fanfare (aka selling tickets and merchandise to fund maybe for another 5 or 7 game tournament). And I didn't know Adam is now the common way to address the NBA commissioner. Whatever happened to Mr. Silver or Mr. Commissioner ? Apparently Silver doesn't mind being buddy buddies with 'news-making' players. :D
You hit it right on. I still call the trophy the Larry O'Brien and as you had great respect for David Stern. Silver has a wimp type attitude and has taken the league "woke" to advance funds coming in to the league. Silver was mentored by Stern to take over for him . To me Silver lacks the class of David Stern or the strong foot of O'Brien.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing