New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Funny how this article came up, as it describes what I've felt about a coach coaching a LeBron led team. He has projected himself to be a 'bigger than life' player through the years, and had openly shown displeasure at his coaches which ultimately cost some of them their jobs. So I know exactly what Shaq meant by his statements. He's dead on right about LeBron, but AD is just a sidekick molded into the top duo picture with LeBron, now them 2 are acting as 1, as the movers of the Lakers, and as such I go back to what I mentioned the other day about the disjoint of the other players to these 2, who became a tandem ever since LeBron went to LA and recruited him. I always told my son, how can any coach firmly dictate what his entire game plan for the team that is centered on LeBron, who has shown that he plays the position of what he wants to play, which may not be exactly what a coach, or any coach wants. The Tyron Lue syndrome which started in Cleveland is still quite evident.

I mentioned last week there was locker room concern and the players didn’t know their roles This caused talk at the head office.
I’ll say again , I dont care how good LeBron is at age 39. It’s his very presence on the floor that dictates every possession goes through him. This leaves nothing for the younger players to develop their own game The crowd loves LeBron so he sells tickets and Lakers merch but he cannot win a championship with this team or likely any team as long as he is the main attraction. He plays to the crowd with his every move. After all he has a legacy to maintain as he strives for 40000 points to seal his next legacy. Frankly the Lakers players and coach will never achieve their potential as long as he is playing because he does what he wants and without rebuke The Lakers need to see the light and part ways with him. I like Ham and I also liked Vogel but we know how that went. Vogel was smiling ear to ear 2 nights ago as his Suns crushed the Lakers

The best teams in the league are fulled with young and fearless talent. The Lakers are stymied by James and Davis presence.
Every team in the league loves playing the Lakers as they are beatable by almost all of them. Sir Charles said Denver and Clippers are the two best in the WC. I still see it as OKC and Suns. at the moment

iMO it would be a travesty if the Lakers fire Ham. They need to extricate themselves from the domineering oresence of a great player who is on the down slope of his career .but fans here love him and he sells tickets. Problem is he knows this and makes the game tough for those around him. It’s his way or the highway

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I mentioned last week there was locker room concern and the players didn’t know their roles This caused talk at the head office.
I’ll say again , I dont care how good LeBron is at age 39. It’s his very presence on the floor that dictates every possession goes through him. This leaves nothing for the younger players to develop their own game The crowd loves LeBron so he sells tickets and Lakers merch but he cannot win a championship with this team or likely any team as long as he is the main attraction. He plays to the crowd with his every move. After all he has a legacy to maintain as he strives for 40000 points to seal his next legacy. Frankly the Lakers players and coach will never achieve their potential as long as he is playing because he does what he wants and without rebuke The Lakers need to see the light and part ways with him. I like Ham and I also liked Vogel but we know how that went. Vogel was smiling ear to ear 2 nights ago as his Suns crushed the Lakers

Tge best teams in the league are fulled with young and fearless talent. The Lakers are stymied by James and Davis presence.
Every team in the league loves playing the Lakers as they are beatable by almost all of them. Sir Charles said Denver and Clippers are the two best in the WC. I still see it as OKC and Suns. at the moment

iMO it would be a travesty if the Lakers fire Ham. They need to extricate themselves from the domineering oresence of a great player who is on the down slope of his career .but fans here love him and he sells tickets. Problem is he knows this and makes the game tough for those around him. It’s his way or the highway
Very good and revealing points, Steve. I can't say that any better myself. The fans love him indeed and and fail to see the self propagation in stats and menial things he gives out, latest of which is what he told he young Lakers - 'we made history', after winning the 7 game tournament. And apparently the youngsters believe him, for he's the king that wears no clothes. :D

Lakers on the road at Utah and play without (thankfully) LeBron. There is no doubt in my mind that they miss his 20 points or more per game BUT at the end of the day IMO they play much better as a team. They all know their roles and it is a totally different game where the ball doesn't go through LeBron on every possession.

The Lakers went deep into their bench and I saw players ive never heard of before

Yet even though they played better as a team they continue to play mediocre at the very best. I also continue to have Reaves and D'Lo as my favorite Lakers

Final Jazz 132 Lakers125

Lakers lose 14 of their last 17 games o_O and are 2 games under .500

Boston remains unbeatable as the beat up on Houston.......

OKC continues to win and did the Knicks. I see both as Cinderella teams in their conferences.

Sadly the GSW are going the way of the Lakers as their dynasty cannot compete at a level with these young and talented teams

it will be interesting to see what movement occurs before the trade deadline

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Clippers remain in 4th place in the WC but had a reality check last night as they were beaten by the Wolves. The Clipps are a very good team but I just can't see them winning the West

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I thought this is a great summary of there Clippers, Draymond and what to expect........

What Draymond Green's return can (and can't) solve for Golden State

Reactions: christoph
Lakers are in for another reality check tonight as they host OKC and with LeBron doubtful it should be another blowout. A win would be great for the rapidly slumping Lakers but the Thunder are my WC Cinderella team. SGA has already become a super star

I cannot believe what I just heard. I’m sitting here watching the Lakers preshow and I heard that Hachimura and Austin Reeves both received contract raises prior to the trade deadline. I thought well that’s a good thing but they commented that that was probably done because it now makes both players eligible to be traded prior to the trade deadline so two of the youngest and two of the most promising players on the Lakers team, Reeves and Hachimura, I cannot believe are on the trading block. Reaves is my favorite player.
This is going to make it easier for me to be a Celts fan Phil. The Lakers always play for the ring and will do whatever each season to pad their line up at the expense of some great players. I can name 5 who are now stars for other teams o_O

I cannot believe what I just heard. I’m sitting here watching the Lakers preshow and I heard that Hachimura and Austin Reeves both received contract raises prior to the trade deadline. I thought well that’s a good thing but they commented that that was probably done because it now makes both players eligible to be traded prior to the trade deadline so two of the youngest and two of the most promising players on the Lakers team, Reeves and Hachimura, I cannot believe are on the trading block. Reaves is my favorite player.
This is going to make it easier for me to be a Celts fan Phil. The Lakers always play for the ring and will do whatever each season to pad their line up at the expense of some great players. I can name 5 who are now stars for other teams o_O
That's a suprising news indeed. Trading Reeves is the worst thing that they can do. Since LeBron arrived in LA, his mantra of winning NOW has been the driving force in Lakers management direction as far as players acquisitions is concerned. He has acted like a pseudo coach and GM. It's his get-what-wants attitude that spells his team's direction. Well, he loves to give promises of titles, in Miami, Cleveland and LA. And he has to back them. What he won't allow to happen is to have a lottery team while he's there. In that sense he's really a man of action. His team has to live with that.

I must admit an impressive win by the lakers against a red hot OKC. Lakers held as much as a13 point lead but OKC cut it to 4 but fouls and not enough clock

Final Lakers 112-105

• Wow
I must admit an impressive win by the lakers against a red hot OKC. Lakers held as much as a13 point lead but OKC cut it to 4 but fouls and not enough clock

Final Lakers 112-105
What a surprising win against the awesome OKC :oops:
Did LeBum play? :rolleyes:

I'm noticing that the Jazz has caught a spark and suddenly are in the top 10 in th WC, Lakers remain a game under .500

I called them "spoilers" a week ago and yesterday's win shows why I feel that way

I would be absolutely stunned to see the Lakers trade Reaves and/or Hachimura but it's LaLa Land and anything is possible

I'm noticing that the Jazz has caught a spark and suddenly are in the top 10 in th WC, Lakers remain a game under .500

I called them "s[oilers" a week ago and yesterday's win shows why I feel that way

I would be absolutely stunned to see the Lakers trade Reaves and/or Hachimura but it's LaLa Land and anything is possible
If they do, it should be for big names. LeBron likes impact superstars.

If they do, it should be for big names. LeBron likes impact superstars.
IMO Reaves and Hachimura are both sparks in the line up. When they play, they play strong and are always effective. What a slap in the face as head office calls them in to tell them they are so good they are going to up their contract But, guess what boys, that now makes you available as trade bait." I understand Lakers are talking to Atlanta

IMO Reaves and Hachimura are both sparks in the line up. When they play, they play strong and are always effective. What a slap in the face as head office calls them in to tell them they are so good they are going to up their contract But, guess what boys, that now makes you available as trade bait." I understand Lakers are talking to Atlanta
Yes, for Dejonte Murray.

Yes, for Dejonte Murray.
I heard that as well.

Does Pelinka really feel this is a wining team that can get to the final line by trading away two of their very best players (young or old) to once again disrupt the chemistry of a bunch of young kids who iMO play much better when James sits out

I heard that as well.

Does Pelinka really feel this is a wining team that can get to the final line by trading away two of their very best players (young or old) to once again disrupt the chemistry of a bunch of young kids who iMO play much better when James sits out
Maybe what LeBron can do now is to call his banana boat buddy Wade to make a comeback. Doesn't he miss Kyrie too. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing