New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

i asked earlier if any die hard warriors fan was in the house...

now, will a die hard pacers fan here 'represent' (no pun intended) himself? ;) :)

i loved the pacers that banged head with mj then, and then the lakers of shaq of kobe.

Me. :D

Don't want to jinx them so I have been and will remain quiet.

Me. :D

Don't want to jinx them so I have been and will remain quiet.

yeah. hope the pacers become the silent assassins of the heat. :) in our local lingo, it's called 'contra-pelo', like a natural nemesis. :D

Love the placard one of the fans held up in last years playoffs: "Built Not Bought" :D

Love the placard one of the fans held up in last years playoffs: "Built Not Bought" :D

yup, saw that one too. the pacers big weapon is big guy roy hibbert. this guy has a light shooting touch for a big fella and with his wide body frame, teams with smaller centers always have difficulty when this guy runs amuck. i love hansbrough too. seems like larry bird likes these kinds of tough role players, just like austin croshere in the 90s.

...and the Davis boys! Not too many players could go and bang against Mason and Oakley. If only Smits didn't have feet made of lead......

...and the Davis boys! Not too many players could go and bang against Mason and Oakley. If only Smits didn't have feet made of lead......

the davis boys...one of them has a line-drive foul shot. :D i think it was antonio. well, smits probably got his lead feet from watching his then coach larry bird, who can't jump but actually can fly. :D

Rik Smits was pretty decent big man. For a 7'4 guy, he had nice soft hands and a reliable medium range jumper.

How bout Kylie Irving taking over the game late against OKC. Impressive show against a tough defending team and a tough frontline. Kylie just wheeled his way in and out to the hoop. This guy is one heck of a player and may make Cleveland rise again in a few years.

The guy have given too many 'sacrifices', me thinks. :D

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...-paid-what-im-worth?sct=uk_t2_a11&eref=fromSI

LeBron James: I'm not paid what I'm worth

08:49 AM ET 02.02 | LeBron James doesn't think it's possible to be paid his actual value under the current NBA rules. Because of it, he said, he's been willing to "sacrifice" on his contracts. James and teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all took less than the maximum salary when they signed three years ago. That should enable the Heat to keep them together next season, even with the new tax rules. James doesn't believe they have gotten credit for that decision. "I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold," James said. "I don't get (the credit) for it. That doesn't matter to me; playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I'll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn't all about money. That's the genuine side of this, it's about winning. I understand that."

ESPN

Knicks and Heat in virtual tie for East lead :)

Looking like Amare's offseason work with Hakeem paying off. 21 pts last night. Chandler has first 20 reb game for Knicks (8 offensive).

How bout Kylie Irving taking over the game late against OKC. Impressive show against a tough defending team and a tough frontline. Kylie just wheeled his way in and out to the hoop. This guy is one heck of a player and may make Cleveland rise again in a few years.

IMO he is THE point guard of the very near future

GASOL, D’ANTONI SNIPING SUGGESTS MOVE

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/02/gasol-dantoni-sniping-suggests-move/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

I didn't realize that now they have escalated the chatter between Gasol and D'Antoni

I must admit that watching Gasol play this year and last that he has lost more than just a step. He commits unforced errors, has the ball stripped even in spite of his size and just doesn't get up and down the floor like he used to. At $19M this year and $19.3 next year he isn't that easy to trade without a multi team deal.The only thing which makes sense is to keep him as insurance if Howard leaves.

Lakers again giver up a huge lead (19 points) only to barely win it at the end over the Pistons

WLCVA ...I've been seeing a lot of the Clipps and were on their band wagon early but seeing their latest road trip, they're not ready for prime time

OKC gets beaten by the Cavs

and still no one is talking Spurs yet

C's 4-0 without Rondo. Not bad. Hope they follow Chicago's trend of playing well without a main player.

Lakers again giver up a huge lead (19 points) only to barely win it at the end over the Pistons

WLCVA ...I've been seeing a lot of the Clipps and were on their band wagon early but seeing their latest road trip, they're not ready for prime time

OKC gets beaten by the Cavs

and still no one is talking Spurs yet

Well, I have to admit my Clippers are not looking good of late.

Lost to the Celtics today, too.

Jadis, congrats to the you and the Celts.

Well, I have to admit my Clippers are not looking good of late.

Lost to the Celtics today, too.

Jadis, congrats to the you and the Celts.

thanks, w. both our teams didn't have their starting point guard so it was a good cancellation of each other. :D c's have been getting good output from terry, green and now barbosa. that's a good sign towards the end of the season. if terry shows his dallas championship form, that is indeed very good for the c's, but admittedly, the loss of rondo and sullinger, their top rebounder when he played, will tell in the playoffs. clips should be back when paul returns.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu