New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I think D'Antoni is a good coach and will get it working.

The Bulls don't seem to be on any one's lips this year but without Rose they remain 3rd in the East and have to be taken seriously when Rose returns.

The season has gone exactly or even better than planned: stay in the playoff hunt until Rose arrives late Feb./early March. He's practicing with the team now.

The silver lining may be that other players have learned to step up in crunch time which may take some pressure off Rose when he's back and bode well long term.

Going to see Bulls/Nets on Fri which should be fun.

The big question for me with trade deadline looming is whether the Lakers sit pat with what they have or make a deal. If so who goes Gasol or Howard. If they deal Gasol I would think they are going to have to lock Howard to a long term contract or they could lose both "bigs". I hope that they bring back Jordan Hill and keep Earl Clark as both have an intensity to the game which is lacking by other players.

Gasol said he is OK this year coming off the bench but implied that if it remains the same next year he would ask for a trade.

And then this after last night's game.......

Pau Gasol unhappy about role? — A day after telling CBSSports.com’s Ken Berger that he’d accept — but not be pleased with — a bench role this season, Gasol told ESPNLosAngeles.com’s Dave McMenamin that he wasn’t pleased to sit out the entire fourth quarter of last night’s victory against the Hornets:
“I’m a competitor, I’m a guy that thinks I bring a lot to the table, and not being on the floor is something that I don’t like, I don’t appreciate,” Gasol said.
Gasol had seven points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 21 minutes as the Lakers built an 83-73 lead through the first three quarters.
“It’s a challenge,” Gasol said when asked about toeing the line and accepting D’Antoni’s decision so that he doesn’t take away from the team while still defending his personal ability. “We’re challenged every day, and I’m challenged every day to keep my calm and keep my peace and not let my emotions take over my words.”

Speaking out after a win against the Hornets might seem like poor timing from Gasol, but even while begrudgingly accepting a bench role, he stated his desire to continue to play in crunch time.
“I think the finishing is more important (than starting),” Gasol said recently. “I think the best players should finish off games. That’s just the way it’s got to be. When the game is on the line, you want to be on the floor. That’s more important.”
It was the same sentiment that led Gasol to be upset Tuesday.
“It’s fun to win but when a team comes back on you the way the Hornets did tonight and you are not there as a high-quality player and as a competitor, it’s frustrating,” Gasol said.

I'd think they see what this team does in the playoffs before blowing it up.

Lakers may have hit rock bottom and are now on the upturn. Discovering a gem like Earl Clark should be great news for Lakers fans, and he's a big fella. I just hope their ex-rival Celtics follow this trend too after the 6 game losing streak and swim upstream in the next few games. Amazing stories this season, LAL fights to get an 8th spot, and Boston fights to hold on to 8th spot.

Who is going to take Pau Gasol from the Lakers?

He's owed $19 million this year and $19 million next year.

He's 32.

Won't the Lakers have to take back contracts of corresponding value to do a deal?

Next year's luxury tax is beyond onerous

I feel Gasol's best years were those 2 back to back Lakers title runs. He was gritty, aggressive and always there for the offensive boards. A friend of mine and I were commenting on how lucky LA was to have twin towers in Bynum and Gasol those years. Pau is a lot slower now, in his reflex motions and seems to be missing the bite in his game.

Rudy Gay to the Raptors, looks like Calderon goes to the Pistons and Grizz get Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince.

New Grizz owner dumping $$$ -- too bad because they're a playoff threat -- but Prince still has a few miles left and is a big game player.

Who is going to take Pau Gasol from the Lakers?

He's owed $19 million this year and $19 million next year.

He's 32.

Won't the Lakers have to take back contracts of corresponding value to do a deal?

Next year's luxury tax is beyond onerous

The only way they could do the deal is with multiple teams

I want to nominate Chris Anderson of the Heat for the NBA's All Hideous Look team. His head looks like a woman who had a bad Brazilian bikini wax job.

I want to nominate Chris Anderson of the Heat for the NBA's All Hideous Look team. His head looks like a woman who had a bad Brazilian bikini wax job.

I will second that nomination! The Birdman is one strange looking dude with most of the damage self-inflicted.

Birdman.jpg

Makes Rodman look like a pastor.

That was one ugly fourth qtr played by the lakers against a15-30 team. Kobe trying to facilitate looks absolutely terrible, no movement, no cutters, just players waiting for Kobe to make a move then react accordingly. Is d'antoni even coaching? This is a rudderless team headed for nowhere.

And Howard hurt his shoulder again late in the game. If he's going to be fragile, the road to the playoffs is going to be quite rough.

Meanwhile, Nets got a surprise drubbing from the Heat at Barclays. I'm surprised at this kind of weakness by the Nets.

And the C's have a 2 game win streak without Rondo. They have a few guards to do the 'point guard by committee' scheme of Doc Rivers. The Heat proved it without a true point guard the past 2 seasons, with Chalmers, Wade and James doing the chores. So it may be a pattern worth following, though the C's really have no choice. The future of the C's lies too in Jeff Green and rookie Sullinger. Once they get good playing time, they should settle down as the backbone of the C's after the Pierce era.

Think about it, the MJ's Bulls won 6 titles without a legitimate point guard AND a legitimate big man.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu