New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Just to change the topic, who can explain to me how the hard court floor of the Staples center can be converted from a Lakers home court to the clippers home court in just several hours?

Jerry, it's all manual labor. Done with timely and engineering precision. Pretty amazing too specially if they change it to a ice hockey rink/arena.

This one, from concert to basketball to ice hockey.

Just read about Rondo. Sorry Phil.

Just read about Rondo. Sorry Phil.

yeah jack. real downer, these injuries. spoils the game sometimes though it's really part of the game. i rememeber in one finals the lakers had byron scott and magic out with hamstring injuries. and on another, worthy had a broken leg. sometimes it's frustrating to be mentally prepared only to have a physical setback. and of course who could forget the willis reed finals injury and dramatic return for 1 game. i still love this game. :D

Last edited:
And no matter the advances in sports medicine, an ACL remains a SERIOUS injury, still a potential career threatening injury. Rubio is a mere shadow of himself before his injury last year. I'm really curious to see how Derrick Rose performs when he returns.

yeah jack. real downer, these injuries. spoils the game sometime though it's really part of the game. i rememeber in one finals the lakers had byron scott and magic out with hamstring injuries. and on another, worthy had a broken leg. sometimes it's frustrating to be mentally prepared only to have a physical setback. and of course who could forget the willis reed finals injury and dramatic return for 1 game. i still love this game. :D

And who can forget Isaiah Thomas hobbling on 1 good leg but still torching the lakers on every offensive possession.

if i recall correctly kendrick perkins had an acl injury too but it seems he is fine now with no signs of the past surgery. the thing is, he doesn't have to do acrobatic twisting drives in his repertoire unlike rose who will be a bit weary to do those things once he comes back in to play. btw, chicago is really revived and energized this season. and i can't help but notice that off the bench, one nate robinson, who has been thrown around in the league, is really helping the bulls and i would nominate him for 7th man of the year. :D

And who can forget Isaiah Thomas hobbling on 1 good leg but still torching the lakers on every offensive possession.

A classic. It's hard to top that valiant effort of Thomas in that particular finals game, he hit 43 points, with 25 in just one quarter alone.

yeah jack. real downer, these injuries. spoils the game sometimes though it's really part of the game. i rememeber in one finals the lakers had byron scott and magic out with hamstring injuries. and on another, worthy had a broken leg. sometimes it's frustrating to be mentally prepared only to have a physical setback. and of course who could forget the willis reed finals injury and dramatic return for 1 game. i still love this game. :D

If there's a good in the injury for the Celts, it's that it happened before the trade deadline. Contenders may make a decent pitch for KG or Pierce. I think the time is now to get younger and rebuild.

If there's a good in the injury for the Celts, it's that it happened before the trade deadline. Contenders may make a decent pitch for KG or Pierce. I think the time is now to get younger and rebuild.

There are trade buzzes around the Celtics end. And Ainge is really pressured. He once said Auerbach should have traded Bird and McHale before they went over the hill and now the shoe is on his foot. Will he trade Pierce? KG has a no-trade clause. I can't imagine Pierce in another uniform, though if Rudy Gays comes in for him, I'd be happy for the C's. Right now, I would just like to see Doc reduce Pierce's playing time, give him a lot of rest so when he comes in the 4th he still has a lot to give. I'd like to see Doc goes radical, just like Popovich.

I've heard the Gay rumors and would certainly make that trade for Pierce if its avail. If it wasn't already a foregone conclusion, I'd think this is Doc's last year. Ainge does have a lot of pressure in him.

Pau Gasol won’t request trade … for now — CBSSports.com’s Ken Berger reports that while Gasol isn’t happy coming off the bench this season, he’ll accept the role for 2012-13. After that? It’s not looking like Gasol wants a Sixth Man of the Year Award in his trophy case:
“It’s hard for anybody who considers himself one of the top players in the world to say, ‘OK, I’m OK with coming off the bench,’” Gasol said. “It’s a difficult situation that we’ve been dealing with here. The last few games have been great, and we’re staying positive and we look forward to that to continue. But at the same time, we don’t need any other distractions, any more negativity. We need positive embracing, we need focus, we need to support each other. That’s where we’re at and that’s where I’m at, too.”
After the post-practice interview, Gasol told CBSSports.com he was willing to embrace the bench role for the rest of the season, but couldn’t see himself accepting it for longer than that.
“I’ve been on this team, in this city, for six years,” Gasol said. “It’s very hard to stick around on this team, and I take pride in that. I think I’m a valuable asset and I want my role to be as big as it can be, within the well being of the team. But I don’t know if being a player that comes off the bench will be something that I’ll be able to accept long term.”Right now I want this team to work. I feel we have a very privileged team with great athletes. It’s been a crazy year for everyone, and I understand that. And the last thing I’ll be here is selfish right now. So I’m willing to work with what we have right now for the rest of the year and have no problems, because I want it to work. And I’m not a guy that just quits on himself or on his team.”

i thought i've been missing those block shots and altered shots of howard this season. i'm so used to seeing those in those playoff games of orlando against boston. when howard was traded to la, i thought immediately that this is the guy to stand in the way of a barreling lebron james if la and miami would meet in the finals. now howard can't even stop a small kylie irving.

What I find amazing about the Spurs is not that they have the Best Record in the NBA but that I still don't consider them a contender to emerge from the West and win it all

I know how you feel, Steve, and I do at times feel that way but deep inside, something is telling me to consider the fact that just last year, they were just 2 games from going into the Finals but some light switch was turned off and it was hard to understand how they won 2 easily but lost all touches to muster to win even just 1 game in the next 4 against OKC. And, they are a team today that is intact as last season, and the bond and chemistry will be theirs to hold as a plus against say OKC which has lost Harden. They have a pedigree, and they have a system, pretty much like as Miami has, and they do not go down easy in a game. If there is a dark horse, they certainly will be a heavy dark horse in the playoffs, but at this point, they are playing real solid ball, and with their younger group.

Lakers starting to (hopefully) re-emerge from the bowels of the bottom of the Western Conference. Last night's game against the NOH was another good one to watch as they started very strong in the first half and had moments of greatness in the second half to hold on for their third straight win as DH scores 24 and Kobe dishes out another 11 assists. It was also good to finally see Steve Blake back for the first time since mid November and he played a decent few minutes coming off the bench. Gasol also remains IMO a better player coming off the bench. And how about this kid Earl Clark who was obtained in the trade for Howard. He has earned a starting role after proving himself to be a terrific player when he was deep down in the bench. He seems to replace what Jordan Hill had before he went out for the season.

The NOH however are a very young team but did provide excitement in the form of the overall first round draft pick in Anthony Davis. They should call him "spiderman" with those long thin arms of his. They said his wingspan is the equivalent of a 7'7" player. Doc Rivers son also played what I thought was a very good game. Lakers now on a lengthy road trip where they should pick up some wins (although heretofore they stink on the road). Definitely not jumping back on the Lakers band wagon just yet but at least they have been entertaining to watch the past 3 games. If Jordan Hill weren't gone for the season the team would now finally be intact

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu