New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Entirely agree with the article. This has been my view. The Lakers may become the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA ... This year is doomed and with no draft choice and Kobe no-trade thee isn;t anyone to rebuild around . D12 looking at this scenario may choose to go the Mavericks or the Celtics (Don't laugh people) The man would like a ring like every NBA player of this caliber. The Celtics do have some work to do but to me it isn't out of the possible... or to the Clippers or the Warrious or HTe Seattle whatever its going to be named or to Cleveland .... ?? Naaah :) Not to Cleveland , no one goes to Cleveland to win anything ...

I can't believe that not one Brooklyn Net was named to the All Star team! Ridiculous!

I can't believe that not one Brooklyn Net was named to the All Star team! Ridiculous!

Brook Lopez imo should have been in there. I actually am surprised how Garnett got in as Center, as starter to boot.

... may choose to go the Mavericks or the Celtics (Don't laugh people) The man would like a ring like every NBA player of this caliber. The Celtics do have some work to do but to me it isn't out of the possible... or to the Clippers or the Warrious or HTe Seattle whatever its going to be named or to Cleveland .... ?? Naaah :) Not to Cleveland , no one goes to Cleveland to win anything ...

I never thought of that, but C's picking up Howard is not that far-fetched granted that the C's HAD picked up a few washed out centers in the past. And Howard, in my view, is going to be the fastest aging soon-to-be-washed out player in the NBA, not really due to lack of talent, but of a general lack of proper professional attitude. Shaq was right all along these years in putting Howard down.

Hi

Great coaches have a way to extract the best out of strange personalities. In football Parcell was able to get the best out of the nutcase that was LT. Bill Belichick a Parcell alumni does the same with the Patriots and that include cases like Randy Moss who had his best season with the Patriots or Phil Jackson with Denis Rodman or the Bad Boys with , again Dennis Rodman, or Rick Mahorn with Chuck Daly .. Boston have Doc Rivers a coach, the NBA, Boston players and management respect immensely.. if a basket case like Howard lands there he will behave. Phil Jackson, would have extracted the best out of him.. D'Antoni episode in NY shows he lacks the gravitas to be respected by the players ... Too bad, the Lakers looked good on paper :( ..
I don't think the Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Warriors are primed for the Finals , I haven't seen it happen: A team with no real playoff experience to win it all the past 20 years. You need to win 4 games out of 7. The better teams ultimately win ... And so far the two best teams in the NBA remain the Heat with Lebron and OKC with Durant.. They have great teams, superlative Front Offices, good to very good coaches and decade-defining superstars; let's prepare ourselves for them to do their Magic vs Bird impression while other teams gets the scraps once in a while when either one of these two juggernauts have a misstep. I doubt it will be this year.

Hi

Great coaches have a way to extract the best out of strange personalities. In football Parcell was able to get the best out of the nutcase that was LT. Bill Belichick a Parcell alumni does the same with the Patriots and that include cases like Randy Moss who had his best season with the Patriots or Phil Jackson with Denis Rodman or the Bad Boys with , again Dennis Rodman, or Rick Mahorn with Chuck Daly .. Boston have Doc Rivers a coach, the NBA, Boston players and management respect immensely.. if a basket case like Howard lands there he will behave. Phil Jackson, would have extracted the best out of him.. D'Antoni episode in NY shows he lacks the gravitas to be respected by the players ... Too bad, the Lakers looked good on paper :( ..
I don't think the Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Warriors are primed for the Finals , I haven't seen it happen: A team with no real playoff experience to win it all the past 20 years. You need to win 4 games out of 7. The better teams ultimately win ... And so far the two best teams in the NBA remain the Heat with Lebron and OKC with Durant.. They have great teams, superlative Front Offices, good to very good coaches and decade-defining superstars; let's prepare ourselves for them to do their Magic vs Bird impression while other teams gets the scraps once in a while when either one of these two juggernauts have a misstep. I doubt it will be this year.

Agreed. I think too Phil Jackson would have utilized Howard much better than the others. Look at what he did with Shaq. Shaq became altogether a different monster from his Orlando Finals days. I recall Phil Jackson's initial reaction to Shaq's arrival, was 'such raw talent'. Indeed the rawness was cultivated, through those inside plays and passes by their guards. It was used as a great weapon.

I also lament this disrespecting coaches in this day and age. I recall the choking of coach Carlissimo, Robert Horry throwing a towel at Phoenix coach Danny Ainge during a game, Howard talking to get Stan VG fired, etc. Boy, I hardly hear of such cases in the 60s or 70s. With sky high salaries comes with it sky high egos.

Me too. I have said it before and I'll say it again. IMO KG can be a very dirty player

It's a good thing for me KG wasn't part of the Heat, or I could hate him more than Wade or Bosh. :D

Another mind boggling loss by the Celtics, after blowing a 27 point lead. I don't want to be in Doc's position now. C's are the reverse of the Spurs, both old but the Spurs are winning. I feel that Pop knows and treats his elder statesmen as old while Doc knows his are but treat them as young. 35 year old Pierce plays for 40 minutes and 36 yr old Garnett logs in 38 minutes. And Pop gets a huge fine for resting his old big stars. If I were cynical I'd say Doc wants to kill his old geese. :D Pop mixes the new and old at anytime using different starting lineups while Doc use a stubborn first and 2nd five combination which is like still sticking with a relief pitcher who has given up 10 runs. He was successful with this before but he has new players now so it seems this is not working. As funny as it sounds, I feel the C's played a good game today but simply lost it in the end game. And how do you fix something like that in the locker room? Maybe quote Rick Pitino and say, 'Larry Bird is not walking through that door'. :D

Pierce is on the downside of his career.

Agreed. Like Bird and McHale on their last years. Ainge said Auerbach should not have retained them. Let's see if he deals Pierce. But as you said why would anyone want Pierce now?

And I never knew that Ainge was a Pau Gasol fan. KG and Pau? Still no center.

Agreed. Like Bird and McHale on their last years. Ainge said Auerbach should not have retained them. Let's see if he deals Pierce. But as you said why would anyone want Pierce now?

And I never knew that Ainge was a Pau Gasol fan. KG and Pau? Still no center.

Dwight Howard, they dump KG not farfetched .. Celtics would have become very dangerous.. A real threat to the Heat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu