New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Warriors beat the Clippers today. I'm starting not to like the Warriors so much. :)

Clippers are now 32-10 but 3 if their 10 losses are to the Warriors.

Report: Seattle group looking to add Phil Jackson, R.C. Buford

By Zach Harper

The Seattle SuperSonics could be back by next season, and with that, the Hansen ownership group is going to need to make a big splash with taking the team in a new direction. As of right now, the Sacramento Kings have been a rudderless ship, toiling in the waters of mediocrity and mismanagement.

How do you fix that? Apparently, you go out and try to hire the best in the business at various positions your new team needs. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo1 Sports reports that the Chris Hansen ownership group will try to hire R.C. Buford or Larry Bird to run the team:

The new Seattle NBA ownership group has begun discussing possible candidates to run its franchise and has deliberated whether to target San Antonio Spurs general manager R.C. Buford and former Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

To convince Buford to leave San Antonio, where he enjoys close personal and professional relationships with Popovich and owner Peter Holt, the Seattle group might need to offer a small percentage of equity into the franchise and give him autonomy to assemble and run basketball operations. Any potential offer in Seattle would need to be extraordinary to get Buford to leave the Spurs.

Bird, the NBA's 2011 Executive of the Year, stepped away from the Pacers in the spring to take care of some health issues, but had planned to return in 2013 or '14. Bird wants to work again and there's nothing contractual that binds him to the Pacers. Donnie Walsh and Kevin Pritchard are running the Pacers' front office now.

But wait, there's more!

Not only will the Seattle owners try to get a great front-office presence to set the tone for how the organization is operated, but they're going to go after one of, if not the greatest coach in NBA history. Peter Vescey tweeted that Phil Jackson is a target for the organization to be a part of the front office:

From what I read, Seattle still retained the trophy, banners, retired jerseys of the Sonics in a museum in its city. So the hapless Kings team will automatically have a championship 'pedigree' once they move to Seattle. :D

Don't look now but for all but the first game of the season Kobe no longer is the leader in the scoring rce with KD (as expected) number one at 29.5 ppg and Kobe 29.2 ppg

Kobe has been really off in the past 3 games and his scoring has suffered

OKC vs Clippers tonight. That should be a good one. Possible Western Finals preview.

Comes the playoff one better consider the Spurs.. They are regularly dismissed only to be in the run to the finals ... The Grizzlies will play their dream-wrecker parts and this year it could be the Lakers shattering a few hopes although if they were to squeak in, they will not go further than the second tour of the playoffs methinks.

Comes the playoff one better consider the Spurs.. They are regularly dismissed only to be in the run to the finals ... The Grizzlies will play their dream-wrecker parts and this year it could be the Lakers shattering a few hopes although if they were to squeak in, they will not go further than the second tour of the playoffs methinks.

they'll be lucky to get in and if they do they'll be eliminated in the first round unless of course Mitch can work some miracles with a trade

Watching the Celtics visit the Cavs now and I can't believe Luke Walton is doing damage to the C's with 7 points off the bench in the 2nd Q. At 32 and getting paid $6m a year, $600,000 more than Kyrie Irving. :D And looking at the Cav's roster, the highest paid player is Varejao at $8m. Life has been more economical after Lebron left Cleveland. :D

Not looking good for the Clippers.

OKC has made 14 three pointers with 5 minutes left. Durant is amazing, hitting one dagger shot after another.

Blake Griffin has had a big game but he's not getting much help tonight. Clippers can't buy a three.

OKC looked mighty good. Fluid and they seem to know what to do every play. It would have been nice to see Chris Paul play tonight.

Clippers head out for their annual Grammy Awards (held at Staples) road trip. 10 of their next 11 games are on the road.

Jadis, they have a game in Boston with the Celtics on Sunday, February 3rd.

Jadis, they have a game in Boston with the Celtics on Sunday, February 3rd.

Well, I'm wincing at each upcoming game of the Celtics, they lost yet another one today. 4 straight. After winning 6 straight. What's with these losing streaks? Houston and LAL has those too. I hope MIA gets a dose too. :D

Last edited:
Maybe this is the solution...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/22/3905998/dwight-howard-trade-rumors-lakers-nets

Dwight Howard trade rumors: Lakers reportedly considering trading star center

By Michael Jones on Jan 22, 11:12p +

USA TODAY Sports

With nothing but uncertainty surrounding the purple and gold, the rumors of trading their greatest moveable asset are starting to surface.

The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly willing to explore potential trade offers involving superstar center Dwight Howard due to his growing unhappiness with his role on the team, according to ESPN Los Angeles

For more on the story, visit Silver Screen and Roll

Of all the potential destinations, the Brooklyn Nets seem to be the most viable destination for the All-Star.

The Lakers are 17-24 through 41 games in the 2012-13 season, and Howard hasn't looked comfortable in first year head coach Mike D'Antoni's system. Because he will be a free agent following this season and the Lakers have had no assurances that he will remain with the team and sign a long-term deal at season's end, the Lakers may be forced to recoup some value for him rather than risk losing him for nothing.

The three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year recently expressed his displeasure with getting limited touches within the framework of the Lakers' fast-paced offense. With Kobe Bryant shooting at an exceptionally high rate, Howard has struggled to get touches and find opportunities to score.

There's also the question of his health, as he's less than one year removed from back surgery and has looked limited physically at times throughout the season. The Lakers could potentially find themselves in a disastrous situation if he were to be traded and then perform at 100 percent health for another team.

Hi

The Lakers are experiencing the Jerry Jones syndrome and they might go the Cowboys route soon, Larges payroll in the NBA for no playoff appearance. I also don't think their problem is Howard. It is a coach who can't get the best out of his players. Does anyone truly believe that Phil Jackson with this roaster would be 17-24?

Maybe this is the solution...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/22/3905998/dwight-howard-trade-rumors-lakers-nets

Dwight Howard trade rumors: Lakers reportedly considering trading star center

By Michael Jones on Jan 22, 11:12p +

USA TODAY Sports

With nothing but uncertainty surrounding the purple and gold, the rumors of trading their greatest moveable asset are starting to surface.

The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly willing to explore potential trade offers involving superstar center Dwight Howard due to his growing unhappiness with his role on the team, according to ESPN Los Angeles

For more on the story, visit Silver Screen and Roll

Of all the potential destinations, the Brooklyn Nets seem to be the most viable destination for the All-Star.

The Lakers are 17-24 through 41 games in the 2012-13 season, and Howard hasn't looked comfortable in first year head coach Mike D'Antoni's system. Because he will be a free agent following this season and the Lakers have had no assurances that he will remain with the team and sign a long-term deal at season's end, the Lakers may be forced to recoup some value for him rather than risk losing him for nothing.

The three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year recently expressed his displeasure with getting limited touches within the framework of the Lakers' fast-paced offense. With Kobe Bryant shooting at an exceptionally high rate, Howard has struggled to get touches and find opportunities to score.

There's also the question of his health, as he's less than one year removed from back surgery and has looked limited physically at times throughout the season. The Lakers could potentially find themselves in a disastrous situation if he were to be traded and then perform at 100 percent health for another team.

Tell you what. The Nets would be idiots to trade Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard. Lopez is arguably the best center in the league this year, especially since PJ took over the reins of the Nets.

Tell you what. The Nets would be idiots to trade Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard. Lopez is arguably the best center in the league this year, especially since PJ took over the reins of the Nets.

at least Shaq agrees with you

at least Shaq agrees with you

When's the last time Dwight scored 50? :)

Not to mention Dwight is a cancer. How long would it be until he demands his own coach?OTOH, I'd be thrilled if I was the Lakers since they'd be getting a young center that has a huge upside!

Ahh Myles, you are looking for anecdotal data. For my money I would have Dwight over Lopez any day of the week. I do agree however that his playing has been hampered by his back as well as not getting the shots he deserves and expects because there is too much Kobe

I know he has a no trade clause in his contract but if he didn't would it be sacrilegious to suggest looking for a blockbuster trade for Kobe ( I can't believe I said that let alone think that) but as long as he is on the team the play will be through him and not Dwight thus leaving Dwight high and dry.

Like Frantz IMO D'Antoni is pathetic as a coach and it would never be like this if Phil were coach but that will never happen in lieu of past circumstances

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu