New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Not as if billups has found the fountain of youth, most of his 3's he had all day to set. Very uninspired play by the Lakers.

Not as if billups has found the fountain of youth, most of his 3's he had all day to set. Very uninspired play by the Lakers.

i was worried bout billups's knee injury. as long as he can put up double figures, it's good for the team. he is needed specially in 4th q's down the stretch for his clutch shots and championship experience. the rest of the play times can be shared by bledsoe as he is so young.

as for the lakers, you can't expect any spiritual lift if you're missing a $19m big who was a starter. imagine if that guy was a cousins or josh smith. then the mood would have been much more alive. the brighter side is that they have discovered earl clark.

and back to lebron, reggie miller was commenting that james' monster game may be inspired by jordan's picking kobe over him. it seems lebron is triggered by media stuffs, the last big game was his 45 point output after the press said he was gonna be another loser after trailing 2-3 going into boston in last season's eastern finals.

Having seen yesterday's games I must admit that I am finally in the same camp as Frantz-darn it ;)--wherein we just have to admit that there is no one in the league who comes remotely close to LBJ. Watching them annihilate the Thunder in their own house was icing on the cake. Can any team from the West beat the Heat. I don't see one and even with the Spurs record I still don't see it happening. Indianapolis however might just prove spoiler but Chicago without D Rose won't even come close

Have said it here before, AFAIC, LBJ is the most talented player in NBA history. What separates him from MJ beyond greater size and strength is court vision. Though MJ became a better, more aware passer over his career, he never had the innate vision LeBron has. I think the player he's most like in many ways is Magic. Similar size: Magic 6-9, 255; LBJ 6-8, 250. I'm convinced that Lebron's assist total would be higher if you ran an offense thru him more like PGs in the league. He's easily a more gifted scorer than Magic too.

What Lebron seems to lack vs. MJ/Kobe/Magic/Bird et. al. -- is the absolute hunger to win it all, over and over.

Let's not get caried away .. The Big O might have been the most talented and let's not forget Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain who could do it all too. This being said LBJ is playing light-years ahead of anybody and deserves another MVP. Barring injuries or some catastrophe , the Heat will repeat. The only team that could have a chance to stand in their way, the Knicks are too inconsistent to beat them in a 7 games series. The Heat are too talented and (people are begining to understand how good a defensive coach Etik Spoelstra really is) and strong on the defensive side for most NBA teams. A younger Spurs might have challenged or even beat them, not sure the current Spurs can. And don't count on the inexperienced Clippers and Pacers or the surprisingly lacking in intensity, Thunders to beat them comes NBA Final Time. We can only wish it is the Spurs for an entertaining final .. else a blowout

I hate the Heat

Sad news about Dr Buss. micro-buss will have free reign and we'll see an even more Jerry-Jones style Lakers organization with similar results ...

"That absolute hunger to win it all, over and over," that's the incalculable quality that separates the great from the greatest.

Let's not get caried away .. The Big O might have been the most talented and let's not forget Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain who could do it all too. This being said LBJ is playing light-years ahead of anybody and deserves another MVP. Barring injuries or some catastrophe , the Heat will repeat. The only team that could have a chance to stand in their way, the Knicks are too inconsistent to beat them in a 7 games series. The Heat are too talented and (people are begining to understand how good a defensive coach Etik Spoelstra really is) and strong on the defensive side for most NBA teams. A younger Spurs might have challenged or even beat them, not sure the current Spurs can. And don't count on the inexperienced Clippers and Pacers or the surprisingly lacking in intensity, Thunders to beat them comes NBA Final Time. We can only wish it is the Spurs for an entertaining final .. else a blowout

I hate the Heat

Sad news about Dr Buss. micro-buss will have free reign and we'll see an even more Jerry-Jones style Lakers organization with similar results ...

I hate the Heat too but stand by what I say on Lebron's talent vs anyone.

was there anyone who could barrel through the lane unchallenged and unstoppable like James. He's a veritable locomotive

Helped quite a bit by NBA officials "leniency" ... That doesn't take anything away from the man immense talent. I have decided just to enjoy him. Such talent don't come often in any sports. We had MJ, then Kobe now it is LBJ time.

was there anyone who could barrel through the lane unchallenged and unstoppable like James. He's a veritable locomotive

I've always felt he gets away with a lot of charges (or worse, they call a foul on the defender when it's LBJ who initiated the contact) doing this, but yeah, F=MA and he goes to the hole with as much power as anyone I've seen. The speed and control of Drexler, but with more mass

sadly you've made me a believer Frantz. Living where you do gives opportunity to see most of the Heat games whereas I have only seen national televised games or those playing west coast teams. Yesterday for me was the clincher. He is unstoppable

"That absolute hunger to win it all, over and over," that's the incalculable quality that separates the great from the greatest.

If Lebron wins a second ring, then he would have won it over and over again. But then again,THAT was what he promised his fans when he took his talents to South Beach in that welcoming parade at the Heat arena. If he did not do that verbal bit of 'not one, two, three, four...', I guess the press wouldn't be so hot (no pun intended) on this new Heat. He pressured himself to win, unlike Magic, Bird, Jordan - they just won without much words, and Magic specially, who won in his rookie year, and Bird on his 2nd year, - showed greatness the moment they touched the pro circuit. Imo, James (nobody doubts his fantastic playing skills anymore, to me, he proved it against OKC and KD in last season's finals) wouldn't have taken too many negative flak had he won rings in Cleveland, 8 years of individual greatness there but no title so he gave up on his hometown. Would it have been better had Wade and Bosh moved to Cleveland to help him? Maybe, that's what Jordan did, stayed in Chicago, and wait for Pippen et al to help him, and the rest was history.

I've always felt he gets away with a lot of charges (or worse, they call a foul on the defender when it's LBJ who initiated the contact) doing this, but yeah, F=MA and he goes to the hole with as much power as anyone I've seen. The speed and control of Drexler, but with more mass

That's what they call the 'superstar non-calls'. Refs do that to others too, the non-calls. And yes, when he drove once and suspended in air against a tough big body which was Kendrick Perkins and MADE the hoop, that was the final straw, I can only shake my head. So I began to think in history who could have 'contained' this guy one on one? Bird had Michael Cooper. Magic had Dennis Johnson in those years. I thought of Dennis Rodman. A good friend told me he believed Scottie Pippen could. In modern times? I'm still thinking.

Oh, just remembered, how did Dallas defend against James? Zone! And they won the title too. :D

Hi

For Basketball Heads an interesting article on The GOAT. CLICK HERE

One interesting thing I read in this article is how quickly people forget true greatness. MJ was that the absolute best player to ever play this game of basketball. What is more interesting: He was great on both sides of the ball ... His defense was almost as good as his offense and that is saying a lot. No one has ever been close.. The two best players in basketball today are not that good defensively, they are adequate but no one will mistake them for "erasers" MJ was that, an eraser. You put him on a player and he will nullify him. While Kobe is better than Durand and LBJ on defense. He is not remotely close to MJ on this regard.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu