New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

That's what Howard is capable of doing, if he puts his mind and will on it. It's the least he can do as he showed in tonight's C's game and the big difference from past games is that he played with intensity and emotion. I think he even said something in tribute to Jerry Buss, and the LA club played with emotion tonight. If Pau comes back with the fire he has in those 2 title wins a few years ago, I am convinced this is the team to challenge Miami, it was built for that.

It all depends on which Lakers team comes to play

That's what Howard is capable of doing, if he puts his mind and will on it. It's the least he can do as he showed in tonight's C's game and the big difference from past games is that he played with intensity and emotion. I think he even said something in tribute to Jerry Buss, and the LA club played with emotion tonight. If Pau comes back with the fire he has in those 2 title wins a few years ago, I am convinced this is the team to challenge Miami, it was built for that.

Spoken like a true Celtics fan... Just to torture us Lakers fans about what might or truly should have been with Jackson at the helm ... Yeah! Bring our hopes up and just revel in watching them whither like ice cubes in the Sahara desert ... Now you have to turn the pain screw up?

:D :D

We wish, we hope the Lakers become the NBA version of the NY Giants ... The thing is, the Giants began playing a ferocious defense in all of these improbable championship years at about mid-season ... "Ferocious Defense" is not an expression you will ever see used in the context of any d'Antoni-coached team ... :(

two good games tonight with the Heat vs Bulls and the Spurs vs Clipps in LA. FWIW the Clipps own the season series at 2-0 and they are even healthier now.

I also have heard that coach Vinnies contract is up this year

Spoken like a true Celtics fan... Just to torture us Lakers fans about what might or truly should have been with Jackson at the helm ... Yeah! Bring our hopes up and just revel in watching them whither like ice cubes in the Sahara desert ... Now you have to turn the pain screw up?

:D :D

We wish, we hope the Lakers become the NBA version of the NY Giants ... The thing is, the Giants began playing a ferocious defense in all of these improbable championship years at about mid-season ... "Ferocious Defense" is not an expression you will ever see used in the context of any d'Antoni-coached team ... :(

in the beginning, when howard went to la, my thinking was that, if the heat get past everyone in the east (c's included if ever) i want ANY team to beat them, and a howard kobe gasol troika was in my mind well poised to do that - beat the heat. but of course, as in everything and anything, there will be lots of BUTS. and this but is that the team is not jelling due to some coaching problem. the last time i rooted for the lakers in a finals series was in 1982, when they faced the sixers, who then just beat the c's in the eastern finals. i was relishing at every basket la made, specially those of silk wilkes. and believe it or not, i was so happy i even asked my cousin in the states to ship me a lakers title t-shirt which had a big number 1 and 'world champion lakers' written in front of it, and actually wore it too. :D it's a good thing there are no other celtics fan out here or i might be lynched. :D

and agree with you frantz, the letter d in d'antoni will never stand for defense. :)

Clippers play the Spurs tonight at Staples.

Clippers are 2-0 versus the Spurs so far this season.

Trade deadline is up. No major big name trades. Life goes on for the needy teams. :)

Trade deadline is up. No major big name trades. Life goes on for the needy teams. :)

I thought Atlanta would trade Josh Smith for the big deal of the day but even that didn't get done.

It was a very unexciting trading deadline.

I thought Atlanta would trade Josh Smith for the big deal of the day but even that didn't get done.

It was a very unexciting trading deadline.

Maybe the worst trade deadline passing in recent memory too. It was not easy to move Josh Smith. He becomes a free agent at the end of this season and has $13m this year. Another team has to give Atlanta a player to Danny Ferry's liking plus be able to sign Josh a max contract to Josh's content. Small wonder there were no takers.

Bulls getting swamped by the Heat. They couldn't go on without Rose. Not far anyway. I hope he returns.

and barring an incredible rally by the clips, this one is a goner very early on. spurs are hot.

Yes, Clippers were thumped badly by the Spurs. San Antonio was a well oiled machine and the Clips looked like a rusting hulk.

With the game on TNT, had to listen to Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller who have doubted the Clippers all season. This game added fuel to that fire.

Kept hoping for a sign of life but it was not to be tonight

Last edited:
Yes, Clippers were thumped badly by the Spurs. San Antonio was a well oiled machine and the Clips looked like a rusting hulk.

With the game on TNT, had to listen to Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller who have doubted the Clippers all season. This game added fuel to that fire.

Kept hoping for a sign of life but it was not to be tonight

The game really exposed the Clipps inadequacies

So who do you guys like if Spurs vs. Heat?

Haven't seen either team play much this year so I'm uninformed, but that's my gut too. LBJ and Wade make the plays at the end.

So who do you guys like if Spurs vs. Heat?

i like anybody but the heat. i was pinning on the knicks to up-end them in the east but it looks like it's not happening. okc to me is weaker than last season and i was hoping the clips with the young talents can go farther but it seems the resilent spurs want another shot at the western con and finals this year. parker is doing the brunt of the spurs' scoring lately but he should encounter a choking d from the heat. but that time, the rest of them will be shut down as well. i am just hoping against hope that something better happens other than another heat title but if it's their time, it's their time.

i like anybody but the heat. i was pinning on the knicks to up-end them in the east but it looks like it's not happening. okc to me is weaker than last season and i was hoping the clips with the young talents can go farther but it seems the resilent spurs want another shot at the western con and finals this year. parker is doing the brunt of the spurs' scoring lately but he should encounter a choking d from the heat. but that time, the rest of them will be shut down as well. i am just hoping against hope that something better happens other than another heat title but if it's their time, it's their time.

Can't stand the Heat either but somebody's got to beat them. No way the Knicks do IMO While you have to give credit to the Heat's defense, they seem almost the antithesis of team concept in the way they were built and the way they play. Almost the opposite of the Spurs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu