New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Lakers Assign Morris, Sacre To D-League

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9TgM?...um=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-lakers

So if the Lakers give up 2 bench players to the D-League, do they play 2 men short for the rest of the season or can they bring 2 players up. I didn't read where that happened

i believe they can, steve. any team can fill gaps in their roster after the trade deadline by signing players who are sitting out there without a job, or playing in china or elsewhere (provided they are contract-released by their teams). that's how miami got birdman anderson, ny got kenyon martin, and boston got some ex-nba players who were in china to fill in their rosters. problem is for la, who is still out there? i'm beginning to think that that birdman pickup was a great one for miami. he can bang around, provide tough interior d and collect rebounds. boston shld have gotten him.

My son showed me this video, and this has got to be the most bizzare incident I have ever seen in a pro basketball league. In our local pro league (PBA), ex-NBA player Renato Balkman who played for the Knicks just last season, argues with the ref after a call, shoves his assistant coach for appeasing him, shoves even more teamates and then, when a star teammate tries yet to cool him down, shoves him again and finally strangle his teammate after his teammate shoved him back. Boy, how do you call a technical foul for choking your own teammate? And his team was down big with only 20 seconds left.

My son showed me this video, and this has got to be the most bizzare incident I have ever seen in a pro basketball league. In our local pro league (PBA), ex-NBA player Renato Balkman who played for the Knicks just last season, argues with the ref after a call, shoves his assistant coach for appeasing him, shoves even more teamates and then, when a star teammate tries yet to cool him down, shoves him again and finally strangle his teammate after his teammate shoved him back. Boy, how do you call a technical foul for choking your own teammate? And his team was down big with only 20 seconds left.

Amazing Phil. The refs seemed totally oblivious of it and/or didn't know how to constrain him

yeah steve, and he yakked with all 3 refs in the process too.

btw, exciting ending now lal and raptors.

my son just told me, dad, kobe is the league mvp...after that incredible 3 to tie the game with a few seconds left.

it would have been fitting to see a kobe-james finals. lal has the cast/personnel undoubtedly, but how to run that engine is still the problem. the spectre of the non-hiring of phil jackson looms so huge now. i personally would have wanted to see a kobe-james showdown this year. next year kobe will be another year older than old.

it would have been fitting to see a kobe-james finals. lal has the cast/personnel undoubtedly, but how to run that engine is still the problem. the spectre of the non-hiring of phil jackson looms so huge now. i personally would have wanted to see a kobe-james showdown this year. next year kobe will be another year older than old.

Down with d' Antoni!!! :( Wasting talents like that

Anybody notice that Kobe has been playing the 3 a lot as they have Nash and Blake on the floor at the same time?

Anybody notice that Kobe has been playing the 3 a lot as they have Nash and Blake on the floor at the same time?

haven't noticed that, jack. but that may be d'antoni's design for his run and gun offense. but really, i haven't seen a real run and gun offense as he had in phoenix before. maybe he has a hard time doing that with a super center in the middle, i really don't know.

on my own battle front, the c's are slowly but surely jelling, despite the absence of their chief playmaker rondo. 14-4 after rondo went down. what does it mean? well, that doc can do the adjustment. they have 3 or 4 above average guards right now and that is what is keeping them up now, plus that all these 4 guards can shoot. jeff green is slowly warming up to his starter form when he was in OKC and being young, he can stay on longer on the court when pierce and kg gets tired. up next for the c's, the fast and furious thunder on sunday. big test.

Utah loses again as does GSW and Lakers are now tied for 8th spot although Utah holds the lead because of beter division and conference record however both Utah and GSW are continuing to lose. Houston is winning but only 1 1/2 games ahead so IMO this is the opportunity the Lakers have been working towards all season to finally be in a playoff position. Having said that however, the glaring total lack of defense as well as continuing to make turnovers at a high rate will preclude them from getting out of the first round especially vs SAS (unless Parker remains out)

Utah loses again as does GSW and Lakers are now tied for 8th spot although Utah holds the lead because of beter division and conference record however both Utah and GSW are continuing to lose. Houston is winning but only 1 1/2 games ahead so IMO this is the opportunity the Lakers have been working towards all season to finally be in a playoff position. Having said that however, the glaring total lack of defense as well as continuing to make turnovers at a high rate will preclude them from getting out of the first round especially vs SAS (unless Parker remains out)

The Spurs may not have Parker but they have Popovitch and the Big Fundamental ... They will be threatening .. As for the Lakers as long as they're playing d'Antoni brand of defense (i-e no Defense) they will not last .. I don't see anything changing. Kobe can't continue to will out wins from a sieve-like defense. Championship teams always have a great defense ... though the years.. Whether it be celebrated defense such as those of the Celtics, Rockets, Pistons and Bulls or the much less discussed about 80's Lakers ( Showtime was based on a ferocious defense to trigger the Fast-break) and the stifling, clamping, no-you-will-not-score-100pts defense of the Heat .. Those Lakers, with d'Antoni won't stop OKC or the Spurs or Memphis or the Clippers ...

a good friend and i were just talking bout this sas-lal scenario in round 1. he being an avid sas fan, said, he would rather the spurs not take on lal the first round. lal can be dangerous, specially if gasol comes back, and we never know, the lakers might even 'peak' at that moment and ride the crest.

Agreed. I believe then lakers match up better with the Spurs, specially in the age department.

and howard tonight has 21 boards, 16 points and 4 blocks. that's the kind of stats you pay howard to do, knowing he is capable of doing. his problem now is himself, and probably unless he signs a long term contract with la for say like $30m a year for the next 5 years, then he WILL be motivated.

and the celtics fall to okc, ending a 5 game win streak. didn't really expect them to win in okc but at least they pulled okc's offense down its 107 point average.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu