New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Celtics vs Pacers tonight. In soccer, I think they call it 'friendlies', at least for me and Jack. :D

Celtics- Pacers should be a good game tonight.

I watched a great interview with Bill Russell over the weekend. The show was called "Mr. Russell's House."

Bill Simmons did the the interview. He is a lifelong Celtics fan and quite the basketball historian.

Bill Russell had an amazing career in the NBA as a player and coach. The interview explored his particpation in the civil rights movement as well.

Celtics- Pacers should be a good game tonight.

I watched a great interview with Bill Russell over the weekend. The show was called "Mr. Russell's House."

Bill Simmons did the the interview. He is a lifelong Celtics fan and quite the basketball historian.

Bill Russell had an amazing career in the NBA as a player and coach. The interview explored his particpation in the civil rights movement as well.

Looking back, and even if I have to remove my Celtics jersey, I would really have to regard him as the greatest basketball figure I have ever known, though sadly, his playing career ended when I was just getting started to love the game.

It's been well documented that he has the most 'rings' in basketball (11), and only one of 2 'playing coaches' in the NBA to have ever won a title as such. And I would say that even before Magic would pronounced the words 'I love to win', Russell would have that phrase embedded in his heart. And something I knew only of late, he was actually very good friends with Wilt Chamberlain despite their on court rivalry, very much like Bird and Magic. I missed the interview though I saw some parts of it, and I did catch the his civil rights participation, and he was even featured on the cover on Time magazine for that, if I'm not mistaken. The Finals MVP award is named after him, and good thing that he is still around of late to personally hand over the award.

Celtics vs Pacers tonight. In soccer, I think they call it 'friendlies', at least for me and Jack. :D

Big Bro (a Lakers fan from the time Kareem sat on his subwoofers) says he'll get us the tickets, you being a Celtic fan notwithstanding. Hahahahaha. :D

Big Bro (a Lakers fan from the time Kareem sat on his subwoofers) says he'll get us the tickets, you being a Celtic fan notwithstanding. Hahahahaha. :D

'Notwithstanding....' Hahaha...I didn't know Big Bro is a Lakers fan...Thanks in advance, 'Big Bro'...I hope to visit 'Camp Big Jim' soon. :)

He was a huge Sixers/Moses Malone fan but did a "Balimbing" ( Filipino for people who switch political parties hahahahaha) when Kareem shot that Magnolia Milk commercial in our folk's house. Hahahahaha!

He was a huge Sixers/Moses Malone fan but did a "Balimbing" ( Filipino for people who switch political parties hahahahaha) when Kareem shot that Magnolia Milk commercial in our folk's house. Hahahahaha!

:D :D :D

Now, as part of the 'Beantown Appeasement Program', here is what I have to show brother Jim, long kept in a secret vault. Below is my son, then only 11 years old, knew nothing better than to wear the 'wrong' jersey while learning the rudiments of the game in our garage - under my tutelage. Hahaha.. How that happened, I cannot really fully explain, nor be able to forgive myself for buying that jersey - I think it was on sale at an NBA shop in DisneyWorld FL. :D :D

1112.jpg

Well tell your son that Lakers are getting killed at half time by the Hornets of all teams. It's painful to watch

yeah steve, sorry to hear bout the state of affairs right now in the lakers' world. i honestly feel they should be better than what they are now. and i agree with you and franz, problem starts with d'antoni.

LAL, Orleans, it's a tied game! 1 minute left.

Kobe for the lead, and Howard blocks Lopez. That's the way it should be. Some rally.

And why was the entire NO team on their side of the court? Strange.

Lakers outscore the Hornets 33-9 in the 4th.

Pretty amazing comeback.

Laker fan or not, one has to admire Kobe's toughness and determination.

I couldn't beleive he came back into the game last night and thought for sure he might sit out tonight but he scored 42 against the Hornets.

The man obviously doesn't feel any pain.

there's no doubt that kobe's got the heart to play way over and above his normal level. problem is he may be the only one.

Last edited:
The way Kobe has been playing over the past few weeks I feel that if if the Lakers qualify for post season play he should be considered a candidate for MVP. He is almost willing them to win as seen last night in that comeback win

It's tough to read Dwight's emotion now when he plays. He still doesn't look like a happy camper

i sense that too even from last night's game. those high fives with kobe after kobe's assists to him, well, it looks like there's little fire or emotion in dwight's face. compare that to kg's face after a conversion, those are miles apart.

The Lakers are going to bet their future on Dwight Howard.

Same guy who just threw his former teammates under the bus.

Jerry West...Magic Johnson...Kobe Bryant. Dwight is not a worthy successor.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...ard-orlando-magic-los-angeles-lakers/1969913/

if it's any consolation for the lakers, dwight has stopped or stopped his clowning around smiles.

and interesting interview given by jerry west on the present lakers, shaq and kobe, lebron...

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/42302966/

after watching last night's game between the Clipps and Nuggs I am feeling more and more that Denver has the ability to be the spoilers in the West. IMO the only team which can keep up with the Nuggs speed and scoring is the Thunder

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu