New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

and the celtics fall to okc, ending a 5 game win streak. didn't really expect them to win in okc but at least they pulled okc was down its 107 point average.

Phil

you are a true Celtics fan. Who else would spin a loss into something favorable that they brought their scoring game average down. You only need to win by a point ;)

Phil

you are a true Celtics fan. Who else would spin a loss into something favorable that they brought their scoring game average down. You only need to win by a point ;)

haha...you can see right through me, steve. :D this kind of outlook has been brought upon by those dark days when ML carr and rick pitino took over the c's in the 90s, i always had to try to look for something good in the light of all those losses year after year. :)

Last edited:
Renato Balkman, the ex-Knick who choked his own teammate for pacifying him, has been banned for life and meted a hefty fine. Arwind Santos, the teammate who he choked, patched up with him after Balkman made a public apology and even accompanied Balkman, together with the whole team, to plead the commissioner not to ban him but to no avail.

http://sports.inquirer.net/90731/balkman-banned-from-playing-in-the-pba

Lesson: Do not choke your teammate in a foreign land, if not at all. :D

Being a Celtics fan and seeing light in darkness in ML Carr's and Rick Pitino's tenure, I stumbled into a surprising bit of info in Rick Pitino's ill-fated tenure as President of the Celtics. His first move, upon sitting in the throne as President and Head Coach, was:

May 27, 1997: Traded Chris Wallace (GM) and a 1997 2nd round draft pick (Ben Pepper) to the Miami Heat for a 1997 2nd round draft pick (Mark Sanford).

Traded a GM for a player??? Wow. And for a 2nd round draft pick? Is that all a seasoned GM like CW was worth?

Last edited:
I watched a great interview with Bill Russell over the weekend. The show was called "Mr. Russell's House."

Bill Simmons did the the interview. He is a lifelong Celtics fan and quite the basketball historian.

Bill Russell had an amazing career in the NBA as a player and coach. The interview explored his particpation in the civil rights movement as well.

Saw the whole interview just moments ago, and well, what can I say but am I glad I'm a Celtic too. But not sure if I want to check my blood and see if it's green. :D

Interesting tidbit - then Lakers owner Jack Kent Cook offered Russell to come out of retirement to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. And Bill asked Cook: 'Don't you have a guy named Wilt Chamberlain playing center in your team? How would he feel playing back-up to me?' Then the patented Russell laughter. :D

with the Lakers recent resurgence and now the 8th seed in the West they are only 1 game out of 7th and 2 games out of 6th. I am hoping they can finish as the 6th seed as that will give an all LA series between the Clipps and Lakers for bragging rights to LA

with the Lakers recent resurgence and now the 8th seed in the West they are only 1 game out of 7th and 2 games out of 6th. I am hoping they can finish as the 6th seed as that will give an all LA series between the Clipps and Lakers for bragging rights to LA

The Clippers already lead the season series with the Lakers 3 - 0 so this year's pecking order in LA is firmly established. :)

You are presuming the Clippers finish 3rd in the Conference - they have a good shot at finishing second with the Spurs fading.

The Lakers have 8 of the next 10 on the road buts not many tough teams.

Big game for the Clippers on Wednesday versus the Grizzlies. Game is in LA.

Clippers have won 10 out their last 13 games but the Grizzlies have only lost one game since trading Rudy Gay to Toronto.

Well I beg to differ. Certainly the series win is bragging rights but playoffs are a whole new season. I'd be surprised to see the Clipps finish ahead of the SAS or the Thunder so yes I peg them at 3rd and Lakers at 6th. Now having said that I still believe the Clipps can easily beat the Lakers in a 7 game series however the Lakers are now one of the hottest teams in the league so a showdown will bring bragging rights.

Well, OK.

The Lakers hoping for a 6th place finish in the conference....how the mighty have falllen. :)

Just remember those La Kings last year my friend when as a bottom tier team they won the Stanley Cup. No embarrassment to be beaten as a 6th place team however to be a 3rd seed and beaten by the Lakers......well you get my drift. Whether any if this happens is all speculation.

Spurs, OKC now, exciting game.

And the Spurs are blowing away the Thunder in the early 4th.

yes steve, and to me the spurs are like mirror images of the heat. they have excellent ball movement all game long, play offense and defense as a team and have tried and tested talents, good bench and role players too. heat's advantage would be their multiple options in the long range, it's like a full compliment of running backs and wide receivers, in and out game. and hope parker comes back in time, for the spurs fans.

Celtics lose big again to of all teams, the Bobcats. I didn't see any positive thing in that game by the C's at all. Oh, Pierce sat to rest a game, but that's no excuse. :)

LAL continues to climb with Howard banging in 39 and 16 boards with seconds left. Against his former team. Maybe he needs this kind of motivation each day but he can't play Orlando for 82 games. :D

Spurs lost by 24 points to the Timberwolves tonight. That was a surprise.

well, timmy didn't play. maybe was 'rested' by pop. i think doc is following the style of pop in resting oldies.

and the lakers are official in the 8th spot today.

miami is primed to take the home court all the way.

well Dwight did put in 39 points but he also made 25 of 39 free throws in the Hack A Howard debacle

i wonder why the coach of the magic has to resort to hack a howard THAT many times. that is plain silly and diminishes the game of basketball specially to the paying fans. if stern fined coach pop for depriving the fans' enjoyment in sitting his big 3, i wonder what this is, in letting the fans watch howard shoot 39 intentional foul shots in a game. needless to say, orlando deserve to lose this one.

well Dwight did put in 39 points but he also made 25 of 39 free throws in the Hack A Howard debacle

If Dwight manages to keep the FT percentage at last night level , 64%,we may not see much hack-a-D12! The Lakers problem remains team defense. Some individual play good defense. D12 is getting back to his usual level, Metta and Kobe will give you good defense but Team defense is still a concept alien to d'Antoni world view ...
We'll see .. The Spurs are the team to beat in the West and the way I see the despised Heat playing (last night game had Lebron playing poor basketball but DWade, picked up the tab), they've won 19 straight and show no signs of tiring .. They clearly enjoy playing together and as long as they find a way to keep their nucleus intact , they have a few more years to go.. One more thing the most underrated coach in the NBA may well be Eric Spoelstra and he's doing an excellent job coaching the best team in the NBA, the Heat... I hate them :)

If Dwight manages to keep the FT percentage at last night level , 64%,we may not see much hack-a-D12! The Lakers problem remains team defense. Some individual play good defense. D12 is getting back to his usual level, Metta and Kobe will give you good defense but Team defense is still a concept alien to d'Antoni world view ...
We'll see .. The Spurs are the team to beat in the West and the way I see the despised Heat playing (last night game had Lebron playing poor basketball but DWade, picked up the tab), they've won 19 straight and show no signs of tiring .. They clearly enjoy playing together and as long as they find a way to keep their nucleus intact , they have a few more years to go.. One more thing the most underrated coach in the NBA may well be Eric Spoelstra and he's doing an excellent job coaching the best team in the NBA, the Heat... I hate them :)

The Heat look invincible and have become a real juggernaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu