New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

somewhere somehow, the team that will succeed in upending the heat in the finals is a team with heightened spirit. a spirit that will be in most of their players to dethrone a defending champion. a team that i hope that will emerge in the west should be like the portland trailblazers of 1977. with the charismatic leader bill walton taking charge against a powerhouse philly team that has all 5 positions taken like a dream team. will it be the nuggets? spurs? thunder, clippers or some late bloomers? james is fast becoming a jordan or shaq like figure in their dominating years - hard to stop.

wouldn't it be hubris if the Heat's win streak ends tonight in Cleveland. I'd love it

dan gilbert might throw a stadium party after that if it happens. :D

Looking at the standings in the west I'm sure WLCVA isn't liking that the Clipps are fading and are now 1/2 game behind the Nuggs. The Nuggs are the real deal IMO. They are peaking when it counts

Yes, the Clippers lost a game to the Kings last night. Not good.

Impressive victory for the Nuggets over OKC, especially with the Nuggets on a back-to-back. Nuggets beat the Bulls in OT the night before.

Mike

Cleveland having an incredible first half, without Kyrie Irving even. It's still a full half left though.

and now the Bulls are fading and tied with the Celts. Denver continues to roll by winning their 14th straight last night after being down 5 points with 10 seconds left Although ahead of the Clipps in win/loss percentage the Clipps remain 4th and Nuggs 5th because of divisional standings

Kobe and Pau are both going to play tonight

Well all I can say after having watched the Lakers finally playing at full strength last night vs the Wizards is that they sure know how to make basketball interesting. A 16 point lead at half time and up to 18 points in the game only to blow it all and lose proved too much to watch for me. I thought Pau was tentative and almost did nothing in restoring the balance of the team. Twelve games left

Well all I can say after having watched the Lakers finally playing at full strength last night vs the Wizards is that they sure know how to make basketball interesting. A 16 point lead at half time and up to 18 points in the game only to blow it all and lose proved too much to watch for me. I thought Pau was tentative and almost did nothing in restoring the balance of the team. Twelve games left

the c's have been doing that too, steve. blowing big leads and now on a 3 games losing skid after some strong games. in times like these, you just don't know what to do and the feeling sucks.

Looking at the Heat's schedule Phil, if they get 29 , then 30 is at San Antonio which IMO is the only obstacle between them and getting the new record as 33 is vs the 76ers and 34 vs Milwaukee. In fact game 38 is at home against the Celts Phil. Wouldn't that be something

Looking at the Heat's schedule Phil, if they get 29 , then 30 is at San Antonio which IMO is the only obstacle between them and getting the new record as 33 is vs the 76ers and 34 vs Milwaukee. In fact game 38 is at home against the Celts Phil. Wouldn't that be something

yeah steve. for a while there i was thinking they would have ended the streak when they were down big in 2 games but came back in clockwork fashion. they are peaking no doubt and one can only hope that the peak results in a downslide come playoffs. so far i can only remember the sixers team of moses, doctor j and bobby jones who were so dominant in the regular season and there was little doubt they would take the title that year and they did. miami is not only playing very well this 2 years but they were 'formed' very well these 2 years with battier and allen added after the loss to dallas in 2011. other champions teams broke up for bewildering reasons and others get nagging injuries to key players but the heat has bucked all these and that is the reason why they are primed and so well oiled now. again, i wish for a '77 portland-type team who can emerge, a team with inner spirit aside from basic talents - that's how david killed goliath. :D

and how i wish they get the 33 and 34 but not the 1 title this year. :)

yeah steve. for a while there i was thinking they would have ended the streak when they were down big in 2 games but came back in clockwork fashion. they are peaking no doubt and one can only hope that the peak results in a downslide come playoffs. so far i can only remember the sixers team of moses, doctor j and bobby jones who were so dominant in the regular season and there was little doubt they would take the title that year and they did. miami is not only playing very well this 2 years but they were 'formed' very well these 2 years with battier and allen added after the loss to dallas in 2011. other champions teams broke up for bewildering reasons and others get nagging injuries to key players but the heat has bucked all these and that is the reason why they are primed and so well oiled now. again, i wish for a '77 portland-type team who can emerge, a team with inner spirit aside from basic talents - that's how david killed goliath. :D

and how i wish they get the 33 and 34 but not the 1 title this year. :)

What amazes me is that the Heat always (no matter how good their opponent) play to a less than full arena. It's a city that was not born basketball.

Battle Royale at Staples tonight between the Clippers and the Nets - CP3 vs Deron Williams. Playoff intensity game.

Lamar Odom and Kris Humphries engaged in the battle of the Kardashians. :D

Clippers escape with the victory.

Denver and Memphis both win, too, to keep it tight in the Western Conference.

Last edited:
What amazes me is that the Heat always (no matter how good their opponent) play to a less than full arena. It's a city that was not born basketball.

Miami in general looks to be a College Sports locale. They are mad about their 'canes and 'gators and even their lowly FIU Panthers ... Professional Sports is yet to fully take hold... This is changing though with the Heat success .. The bandwagon effect if you will ..
The Heat are one of the best team the NBA has ever seen, I hate to say that .. They may not remain that dominant for many years the way the 80's Lakers or the 90's Bulls were but boy! are they good or what? ... I hate the Heat :)

.. They may not remain that dominant for many years the way the 80's Lakers or the 90's Bulls were but boy! are they good or what? ... I hate the Heat :)

..and the 60s Celtics too. :) i just bought the 'dynasty' 5-dvd series. nothing like watching it when your season is lost. :D makes you feel good. and, i hate the heat too, very much.

When I watched the Wizards beat the Lakers last week I kept asking myself who is this kid "John Wall?"

He shot the lights out in beating the Lakers. Last night, watching the Grizz vs Wizards, this same kid lights up Memphis for 47 points. I look forward to seeing him possibly turn around this otherwise woeful team

When I watched the Wizards beat the Lakers last week I kept asking myself who is this kid "John Wall?"

He shot the lights out in beating the Lakers. Last night, watching the Grizz vs Wizards, this same kid lights up Memphis for 47 points. I look forward to seeing him possibly turn around this otherwise woeful team

John Wall is a very talented point guard. His weakness is his outside shot.

He was injured earlier this year but the Wizards have played over.500 since his return.

He and Eric Bledsoe (Clippers back-up point guard) were in the same backcourt at Kentucky.

Clippers have a big game in Dallas tonight. Since both the Grizzlies and the Nuggets lost last night, a Clipper victory over the Mavericks would give them sole possession of 3rd place in the Western Conference - for the moment.

C's slipping even more, might go down to 8th. And will face Miami on round 1. Maybe the earliest exit in recent memory for them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu