New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Metta's out for six weeks and Kobe now has a bone spur.

Tough year for the Lakers all the way around.

It will interesting to see what they do in the offseason as they have a lot of issues to address.

Clippers, too. Chris Paul's contract is expiring.

Metta's out for six weeks and Kobe now has a bone spur.

Tough year for the Lakers all the way around.

It will interesting to see what they do in the offseason as they have a lot of issues to address.

there seems to be some parallel phenomena going on between the lakers and the celtics. some aging stars. injured stars. both built a team early on with realistic title hopes. and both struggling just to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. kobe may need surgery to remove those bone spurs. same thing happened to the twilight of larry bird's career and he was clearly bothered by it. top-notch trainers must be like gold these days to handle all these injuries. and again, what a shame to have injuries take a team down. this is turning out to be like that year when the lakers got karl malone and gary payton to join shaq and kobe. tough scenario.

there seems to be some parallel phenomena going on between the lakers and the celtics. some aging stars. injured stars. both built a team early on with realistic title hopes. and both struggling just to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. kobe may need surgery to remove those bone spurs. same thing happened to the twilight of larry bird's career and he was clearly bothered by it. top-notch trainers must be like gold these days to handle all these injuries. and again, what a shame to have injuries take a team down. this is turning out to be like that year when the lakers got karl malone and gary payton to join shaq and kobe. tough scenario.

Ill never forget Payton always playing with a tooth pick in his mouth.

Ill never forget Payton always playing with a tooth pick in his mouth.

wow, i can't seem to place that image in my head but i kinda recall him doing that. that was nba in its 'looser days'. i recall they allow players to wear gold chain necklace while playing in the 60s or 70s.

I saw Gary Payton put on an amazing scoring exhibition. It was a Clippers preseason game, maybe 2001 or 2002 when he was playing for Seattle. I was at Staples, sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row behind the baseline. Seemed like he didn't miss a shot and had almost 30 points by halftime. He didn't play in the second half.

Three pointers, incredible drives - they all went in. Still remember because it was one of the most impressive performances I've seen.

I saw Gary Payton put on an amazing scoring exhibition. It was a Clippers preseason game, maybe 2001 or 2002 when he was playing for Seattle. I was at Staples, sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row behind the baseline. Seemed like he didn't miss a shot and had almost 30 points by halftime. He didn't play in the second half.

Three pointers, incredible drives - they all went in. Still remember because it was one of the most impressive performances I've seen.

and he finally won his first and only title with the heat in 2006, reuniting him with shaq from the lakers days just a couple of years ago. one of the best known 'trash talkers' the league ever produced. :D

Tough loss for the Clippers in San Antonio, 104 - 102.

Tim Duncan, the old man, had an incredible game including the game winning shot.

Tim Duncan, the old man, had an incredible game including the game winning shot.

tim's one of the main reasons why i would bank on the spurs, if they get to the finals, to defeat the heat. really a fundamentally sound player. no frills, no controversy, no over acting. a truly admirable player in the history of the game.

Utah wins and takes over the 8 spot from Lakers even though they have same records, the Jazz owns the division and hence the standings. Kobe will play tonight and Nash is doubtful. MWP has surgery yesterday and out for the balance of the season as the Lakers won't be going too far if they get in at all

Kobe passes Wilt as 4th all time scorer.

Top 6 all time:

1 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
2 Karl Malone 36,928
3 Michael Jordan 32,292
4 KOBE BRYANT 31,434
5 Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
6 Shaquille O'Neal 28,596

Five of time were/are Lakers at one time.

Heat are holding Wade and LeBron out of the game - "injuries."

Sound like payback for what the Spurs did earlier this season.

Heat are holding Wade and LeBron out of the game - "injuries."

Sound like payback for what the Spurs did earlier this season.

aww...now we can't tell how they really measure up at full force. lebron and 'injury' just doesn't seem to jive. the guy is a tank.

looks like both coaches are trying to hide their weapons for a possible finals bout. i don't see you nor don't you see me thing...

And will David Stern fine Coach Spoelstra?

hate to say this but the spurs lost the game on a late bad call on leonard who was back sliding away from norris cole but got hit with a foul and 2 shots for cole. the replays showed there was not even a shade of a contact made and cole fell down thinking leonard was behind him but leonard was sliding back. boy, these modern day refs are something. and irrational at it seems, no replay allowed on fouls down 2 minutes but a few days after, the league will admit to an error in fouls called. go figure.

My Clippers are fading. They lost 3 out of 4 on their recent road trip. Came home to lose one to the Pacers last night.

They were down 24 to the Pacers at one point, came back but lost by three.

Bad time of the season to be playing so poorly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu