New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Great tribute to Shaq at half time as his jersey is retired tonight and Lakers take huge lead into locker room at half time. Will they squander yet another as this one is a must win.

Both Phil Jackson as well as Jeanie Buss paid tribute and wonderful speech by Shaq as fans scream "we want Phil"

Just watched the ceremony honoring Shaq. Lot of fun.

The fans were definitely calling for Phil!

Jerry West looked good.

Even Kobe gave a nice speech for Shaq (recorded).

Both Phil Jackson as well as Jeanie Buss paid tribute and wonderful speech by Shaq as fans scream "we want Phil"

that must have made d'antoni feeling awkward. well, not that anybody in the staples would have cared. :D

that must have made d'antoni feeling awkward. well, not that anybody in the staples would have cared. :D

Nod do I ...
Down with d'Antoni !! :)

During the Shaq ceremony I noticed that Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson spoke and that Little Jimmy Buss and Mitch Kupchak didn't speak.

Should I read any signifigance into this - maybe Phil Jackson will be GM next year and Jeanie will take control away from Jim Buss?

Maybe Brian Shaw, a Phil Jackson protege, will be named head coach?

Phil looked old to me last night, not ready for the head coach grind again.

During the Shaq ceremony I noticed that Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson spoke and that Little Jimmy Buss and Mitch Kupchak didn't speak.

Should I read any signifigance into this - maybe Phil Jackson will be GM next year and Jeanie will take control away from Jim Buss?

Maybe Brian Shaw, a Phil Jackson protege, will be named head coach?

Phil looked old to me last night, not ready for the head coach grind again.

From your mouth to God's ears. Great to postulate but that would be a dynasty like Pat Riley has in Miami. And yes Phil did look old

it would have been really something had shaq won a title with the celtics too in 2011. that would have made him both a champion as a laker and a celtic. but father time is father time. too old and heavy too when he literally had his last leg with the c's. shaq is one of the greats who gave it his all. very unique in his own right. maybe a statue in the future?

Watched the Knicks vs Atlanta game and wow is Melo on a tear over the past several games, so much so that he is now 0.2 points behind KD for scoring leader. This would be interesting if he can do it as KD seems to be the perennial winner for the past 3 seasons

Utah loses to flip flop the 8th position with Lakers now with a 1/2 game edge and no one seeming to want it. Then on Friday Lakers should lose to Memphis and Utah should beat NOH for yet another flip flop with 5-6 games remaining

And SAS vs OKC tonight. Looking at the Spurs last game against the Heat proved to be disappointing to me in the way the Spurs seemed 'slow' compared to the Heat who were even without James, Wade and Chalmers. Spurs looked to me like a team that reached its limits while the Heat had so much headroom even without the 3 stars. Looks like the conditioning coaches of the Heat has done a great job and each Heat on the floor seems to know what to do and where to be at any given time. Sigh. It's their year unless some teams pulls off a big miracle.

The Western Conference now is anyone's guess. OKC beats the Spurs last night and are 1/2 game out of first. Denver keeps winning and has sole possession of third. The Clipps keep losing but because of their being first in their division gives them 4th place over the Grizz. I still feel that the Nuggs could be the Cinderella team emerging from the West

Unfortunatley for the Nuggest, they lost Danilo Gallinari to a knee injury last night. Sorry to see that but they are a deep team.

Boy, the last 2-3 years we've seen lots of ACL injuries to big stars at that. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu