New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Kobe .......possible torn achilles with MRI tomorrow. If so kiss the season good by and perhaps a career ending injury

that's a painful loss, steve. this season is full of injuries. takes away a lot of fun and competitiveness.

You knew it had to be something serious when Kobe left the game with three minutes left and the game on the line. Hope its not too bad.

His teamates did come through with the victory. I didn't think they would so give them credit.

Howard will get the touches he's been asking for. Hope he makes the most of them. It's on his shoulders now.

I'd still be glad it's his and not Bynum's.

Kobe .......possible torn achilles with MRI tomorrow. If so kiss the season good by and perhaps a career ending injury

Definitely career threatening :( One of the worst injuries one can have, especially for a basketball player. A lot of the outcome will depend upon how far above the calcaneus the tear occurred or if the tendon was totally torn off the bone. Best prognostic is a tear 1.5 cm above the calcaneus.

He's never going to have the explosiveness to jump in the injured leg any more. The other problem, is that the tendon will stretch after the surgery affecting the ankle.

I tore mine, had the best surgeon in the country repair it and it's never been the same. Plus it leads to lots of other issues in the other legs such as knee and ankle injuries.

Howard will get the touches he's been asking for. Hope he makes the most of them. It's on his shoulders now.

I'd still be glad it's his and not Bynum's.

Gasol will get his as well.He looked really good last night with a triple double. Regardless with 2 games left I still think the schedule favors the Jazz unless the Lakers control their own destiny by winning both

Definitely career threatening :( One of the worst injuries one can have, especially for a basketball player. A lot of the outcome will depend upon how far above the calcaneus the tear occurred or if the tendon was totally torn off the bone. Best prognostic is a tear 1.5 cm above the calcaneus.

He's never going to have the explosiveness to jump in the injured leg any more. The other problem, is that the tendon will stretch after the surgery affecting the ankle.

I tore mine, had the best surgeon in the country repair it and it's never been the same. Plus it leads to lots of other issues in the other legs such as knee and ankle injuries.

That's what happened with Chancey Billips of the Clippers this year as he tried to come back from an achilles injury. He's only been able to play in a few games and he's had ankle issues and groin problems all season.

Lakers beat the Spurs without Kobe tonight - impressive. Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Steve Blake stepped up.

Antawn Jamison had 15 points for the Lakers, too. I think Jamison has been underutilized by the Lakers this year - he still has game in my opinion.

Lakers beat the Spurs without Kobe tonight - impressive. Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Steve Blake stepped up.

Antawn Jamison had 15 points for the Lakers, too. I think Jamison has been underutilized by the Lakers this year - he still has game in my opinion.

I agree. In fact D'Antoni went deeper into his bench last night and they looked OK. Blake lately has played big

Steve Blake played for the Clippers for part of the 09/10 season. He is a very solid point guard. I was sorry to see him go when he signed with the Lakers.

Interesting with this last game as the Lakers can do one of 3 things

If they lose and Utah wins, Lakers are out

If they lose and Jazz lose, Lakers still grab 8th

BUT.....

If Lakers beat Houston tomorrow, Lakers grab 7th and face the Spurs

Who would the Rockets face if they lose?

Lakers can beat Houston and should go all out to do so. They'd be better off facing the Spurs than the Thunder.

They need to lock down James Harden in the Houston game though, not an easy thing to do.

Clippers have a shot at third but not a good one. Denver is more likely 3rd. Clippers most likely 4th, possibly 5th. They seem to have the Grizzlies number (winning 3 of 4 games this year and the playoff series last year) but that series will be brutal if those two teams end up 4th and 5th.

Hopefully the refs won't allow ZBo to tackle Blake Griffin like he did in the last game - making an unbelieveable double foul call.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu