New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Hahahaha. That and golf. I found my swing today. I wonder if the table had anything to do with that! Naaaaaah! Credit has got to go to my golf smith. The guy tweaked my clubs perfectly! :D

Meanwhile in the East, Miami is going to have a virtual cakewalk the first 2 rounds. Will likely sweep the Bucks in Rd. 1, then meet the winner of the Brooklyn-Atlanta series which they will easily win over either teams. The Knicks, Celtics, Pacers and Bulls will have to eliminate each other and the lone survivor faces the Heat in the Eastern Finals. Heat won't even drop a sweat to get to the Finals.

Meanwhile in the East, Miami is going to have a virtual cakewalk the first 2 rounds. Will likely sweep the Bucks in Rd. 1, then meet the winner of the Brooklyn-Atlanta series which they will easily win over either teams. The Knicks, Celtics, Pacers and Bulls will have to eliminate each other and the lone survivor faces the Heat in the Eastern Finals. Heat won't even drop a sweat to get to the Finals.

Don't write off the Nets. Know the Heat won't. Joe Johnson, Derron Williams and Brook Lopez are a damn good core. Blatche is arguably (maybe next to JR Smith) one of the best sixth men off the bench in the NBA. They are capably assisted by Wallace, Brooks, Humphries and Evans.

Don't write off the Nets. Know the Heat won't. Joe Johnson, Derron Williams and Brook Lopez are a damn good core. Blatche is arguably (maybe next to JR Smith) one of the best sixth men off the bench in the NBA. They are capably assisted by Wallace, Brooks, Humphries and Evans.

while i do not doubt the manpower of the nets, i don't see much consistency in their plays, even on an individual basis. there are nights when derron or joe johnson would sizzle and then go quiet the next. pj has yet to show a potent offensive system other than simple plays which avery johnson could have designed. defense is yet another area to be proven by pj. to beat the heat, you gotta be consistent on both ends, for a possible 7 games.

Incredible finish to the season with Lakers coming up big and winning in OT and grabbing 7th seed beating the Rockets 99- 95 in spite of only shooting 37% from the field

Howard looked like Super Man again tonight--finally

I think that even thought Kobe is out , the Lakers have come together as a team and everyone is sharing the ball and clearly now D12 runs the show.

Kobe needs to pass the baton and give the team to D12. When DWayde did that with LeBron the Heat quickly won the championship

That was a big win for the Lakers, watched the end of the 4th and OT after the Clippers game.

Dwight did have a good game as did Pau and Steve Blake.

As for Kobe passing the baton....I'll have to see that to beleive it. :)

A good playoff run for the Lakers would help in that regard.

Will definitely make the Laker games interesting to watch.

Clippers open at home versus Memphis on Saturday.

I've always believed that Howard is capable of monster games of domination if only he wills it. Maybe getting his first ring may not be that far fetched now, even in this season. The ball is round. And basketball is a team game, and if jells with the rest of the Lakers, the might make a lot of heads turn despite Kobe's absence. And Kobe can whip up the team on the bench if only to get his 6th ring. It would be really an incredible ending to an equally incredible start to LAL.

And PAU GASOL is ALIVE!

Last edited:
while i do not doubt the manpower of the nets, i don't see much consistency in their plays, even on an individual basis. there are nights when derron or joe johnson would sizzle and then go quiet the next. pj has yet to show a potent offensive system other than simple plays which avery johnson could have designed. defense is yet another area to be proven by pj. to beat the heat, you gotta be consistent on both ends, for a possible 7 games.

I think the problem was more Williams and Johnson (particularly the latter) had injuries. But look at their record in the last month with Williams healthy and after PJ took over. PJ deserves a round of applause for what he did. That team was going no where with Avery Johnson. One or two draft picks and this team is also poised to make a statement.

I think the problem was more Williams and Johnson (particularly the latter) had injuries. But look at their record in the last month with Williams healthy and after PJ took over. PJ deserves a round of applause for what he did. That team was going no where with Avery Johnson. One or two draft picks and this team is also poised to make a statement.

i certainly hope the nets go far and as deep into the playoffs as their resources dictate. they are actually playing chicago in round 1. so that should be tougher than atlanta despite the absence of d-rose.

I've always believed that Howard is capable of monster games of domination if only he wills it. Maybe getting his first ring may not be that far fetched now, even in this season. The ball is round. And basketball is a team game, and if jells with the rest of the Lakers, the might make a lot of heads turn despite Kobe's absence. And Kobe can whip up the team on the bench if only to get his 6th ring. It would be really an incredible ending to an equally incredible start to LAL.

And PAU GASOL is ALIVE!

Spurs I think they have a good chance. Beyond that, the teams are younger and that's where the Lakers have difficulty with. If Meeks, Blake,, Jamison and MWP can be consistent from outside and Nash is even only 60-70% of his prime years, maybe, just maybe....but probably a miracle needed to beat the Thunder.

Spurs I think they have a good chance. Beyond that, the teams are younger and that's where the Lakers have difficulty with. If Meeks, Blake,, Jamison and MWP can be consistent from outside and Nash is even only 60-70% of his prime years, maybe, just maybe....but probably a miracle needed to beat the Thunder.

peaking later is always ideal though i would not say the lakers are peaking at this point. they kinda found found some mental adrenalin booster when kobe went down and out, and watching that locker room pep talk by dwight before tonight's game was a surprise to me, as he talked tough and meaningful for the first time as a laker. meeks is an incredible shooter in those sixers years and is young and can be a future star. playing time is needed. the lakers are one of the few teams in the league with a pair of twin towers, and they should exploit that. both have mammoth salaries so they should do what they are paid to do. can they up-end the spurs? it's anybody's guess as i feel the spurs have shown some weaknesses the past few weeks. memphis-clippers should be a great series too, let's see how the clips have grown.

Grizzlies - Clippers, it'll be a tough first round exit for the loser. Both deserve to advance deeper in the playoffs. While the clippers are stronger on paper, I don't feel Griffin's type of play is geared for playoff basketball. This is Chris Paul's team to carry. Sorry bout that to Clippers fans....btw are Grant Hill and Billups playing?

Grizzlies - Clippers, it'll be a tough first round exit for the loser. Both deserve to advance deeper in the playoffs. While the clippers are stronger on paper, I don't feel Griffin's type of play is geared for playoff basketball. This is Chris Paul's team to carry. Sorry bout that to Clippers fans....btw are Grant Hill and Billups playing?

Billips played last night and had 14 points. Grant Hill is available to play.

No doubt it will be a tough and hard fought series with the Grizzlies.

Knicks squeak by on an emotional night. Nets embarrass Bulls.

Clippers muzzle the Grizzlies 112-91 in the first game of their playoff series.

from what I saw of the Grizz in their previous game against the Jazz they were lifeless and lackluster and I expect the Clipps to beat them

so far so good for the top seeded teams. i can only read bout it. on vacation in hk where the hotel has a ton of chinese channels and no espn. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu