New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Tough year for the Celtics. They have been decimated by injuries.

yeah, that's the killer. and when the injured players come back they're not the same even. i don't see billups around too, must have suffered another injury. and d-rose, it must be painful for him not to play. oh well, that's part of the game. and the knicks are playing disoriented after those injuries and comebacks.

Billlips has a strained groin.

Lamar Odom is taking some well deserved abuse from the crowd in Dallas. He was a disaster for the Mavs last year.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but the Clipps are going the wrong way at this time of the season. I don't feel they will go deep in the playoffs at all. So similarly with the Lakers who once again when they are playing with all starting players their record this season together like that is something like 4-14. I also hate to say it but once Pao has returned and is now a starter I feel that whatever chemistry there was before with Jamison as a starter in his absence has all but disappeared. Utah is now a game behind and we have to wonder if the Lakers come up short this season and don't get in. Watch those Mavs

I agree that the Clips were playing better earlier this season. We'll see how they do going forward. My opinion is that they've maxed out with their current head coach.

On the other hand, as a long time Clipper fan (2001), I am thrilled with this season overall. They will produce their best record in franchise history.

this season is coming down to be like a cake-walk for miami. the east has no formidable foe to challenge them. the early success of the knicks has evaporated and the nets have not lived up to their billing either. while many think the spurs may not be able to dethrone the heat, i feel that they are the ones who can give the heat a better fight amongst the western teams. denver may surprise me but somehow i still like the old, battled tested players of the spurs. plus they have the best 'system' among the western teams right now. if only the clips have a better 'system' under better coach than vinnie they'll be more formidable.

Last edited:
Phil.

You are right about the Clipper offense. It consists of the pick and roll followed by the isolation play. Not enough, I don't think.

Phil.

You are right about the Clipper offense. It consists of the pick and roll followed by the isolation play. Not enough, I don't think.

not enough. with that much talent, something better should have come out.

heat streak is done. great game by the bulls.

pheeeewww

A monumental achievement nonetheless.

Man I hate the Heat

it seems that the bulls are also the natural nemesis of the heat, like the pacers. bulls used a very physical game with lots of banging and tough plays, rebounding and throwing the book at the heat for good measure. that's one area where teams can beat the heat with, rebounds, and convert them to possessions and points. i've always loved the play of luol deng and boy did i loved that hard foul of jimmy butler on wade. you gotta make them feel you're the bullies. :D and lebron doing a shoulder/elbow tackle on boozer? flagrant foul on lebron. :D that's one for the books. overall a victory like this is reason to whoop it up in the chicago area. that have to pin the bulls-eye with heat players. :D and boy, do i hate every single heat connected with that organization - down to the waterboy. :)

it seems that the bulls are also the natural nemesis of the heat, like the pacers. bulls used a very physical game with lots of banging and tough plays, rebounding and throwing the book at the heat for good measure. that's one area where teams can beat the heat with, rebounds, and convert them to possessions and points. i've always loved the play of luol deng and boy did i loved that hard foul of jimmy butler on wade. you gotta make them feel you're the bullies. :D and lebron doing a shoulder/elbow tackle on boozer? flagrant foul on lebron. :D that's one for the books. overall a victory like this is reason to whoop it up in the chicago area. that have to pin the bulls-eye with heat players. :D and boy, do i hate every single heat connected with that organization - down to the waterboy. :)

Have I spread the "heat-hate" virus? That was never my intention :eek: ... :p

Now that was fun. Saw a quote by Chet Walker a couple of months ago saying that in his day, with guys like Wilt, bill Russell and Nate Thrumond, Lebron would never have been able to drive the way he does now.

Have I spread the "heat-hate" virus? That was never my intention :eek: ... :p

i appreciate your initiative, franz, though as you said it wasn't your intention. :) but, i have started to hate the heat since that 'decision' and opening party of not 1, 2 ,3 ...championships in front of their arena. then the eastern playoffs wherein wade dragged down rondo and rondo had a dislocated elbow, and now ray allen joining them for revenge measure against the celtics. but in between was i glad the mavericks beat them and those jason terry bombs over lebron were one of my most cherished moments short of a celtics title itself. and man, i hope any team dethrone the heat this season. any team.

Now that was fun. Saw a quote by Chet Walker a couple of months ago saying that in his day, with guys like Wilt, bill Russell and Nate Thrumond, Lebron would never have been able to drive the way he does now.

very true. and i hope one day the gm's and coaches find a way to make the heat pay in not having a true center and a dominant big man. in terms of rebounding and put backs. the nba used to be a game of big men, with a very few exceptions.

seems no one in the Western Conference wants the 8th and final playoff spot. Pitiful to have watched the Lakers last night blow yet another 13 point lead and implode down the stretch. Of 18 back to backers this season they have yet to win the 2nd game in any of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu