New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

So Westbrook is out for the year because they "repaired" his lateral meniscus rather than "remove" it. If this is so I need to ask Myles or others in the know how do you repair a meniscus? The meniscus is made of cartilage and has no inherent blood supply and therefore is unable to heal itself.

Actually depends on which part of the meniscus you're talking about. Part is well vascularized and part isn't. Also depends on how tear occurred (horizontally or vertically, etc.).

From orthopedics.com:

The meniscus is a circular piece of cartilage with its blood supply coming from the outer rim. In order for the meniscus repair to heal, the tear must be near this outer edge in an area of good blood supply (nutrients from the blood vessels are necessary for healing)--this is the so-called red (vascular)-white (non-vascular) region of the meniscus.
Tears in the central portion of the meniscus will not heal even if a meniscus repair is performed. These central tears will be removed by your surgeon. However, studies seem to show that if a meniscus repair is possible, the long-term outcome is better for the patient because of a decreased the risk of arthritis later in life.

How is the meniscus repair performed?
Techniques of meniscus repair include using arthroscopically placed tacks or suturing the torn edges. Both procedures function by reapproximating the torn edges of the meniscus to allow them to heal in their proper place and not get caught in the knee causing the symptoms described above.

Clippers lose to Memphis to go down 3-2. Chris Paul played well but didn't much help. Griffin only played 19 minutes - high ankle sprain. ZBo had a big game for the Griz.

Clippers lose to Memphis to go down 3-2. Chris Paul played well but didn't much help. Griffin only played 19 minutes - high ankle sprain. ZBo had a big game for the Griz.

that's quite disappointing. i would think vinnie won't be around next season if the clips get eliminated in memphis. imagine if the clips had tom thibodeau as coach. that would be something else. good coaches are hard to find these days.

Celtics win in Madison and have stayed alive yet again. Amazingly, Doc played only 7 men, for an old team. As Bill Fitch then coaching a Celtics team that was down 1-3 to Philly said: They gotta beat us 1 more time. And the Sixers never did. Hope is a good thing. :)

Doc did a D'Antoni against New York? :D

Doc did a D'Antoni against New York? :D

Well Jack, while it's not often to see Doc's name and Mike D. in the same line, :D I'd say Doc likes to stay with players who are getting the job done with 'rest' a bit far from his mind. A bit gruelling but Doc's style is grinding it out. And boy, KG, with a lot of minutes logged, sank a fantastic shot over Tyson Chandler. I had been wondering why Duncan still gets 26 points a game but KG would get only maybe 16 at best. Well, KG doesn't get a lotta feeds since Rondo is out, so he has to work for his own points. One more win by Boston and it would be 3-3 and nerves will be rocking high in Madison Square for Game 7.

You know I was just ribbing you buddy :D I'd love to see it go to game 7. The downside is the grind both teams will have to go through knowing that the you know who's will be comparably fresh and waiting.

You know I was just ribbing you buddy :D I'd love to see it go to game 7. The downside is the grind both teams will have to go through knowing that the you know who's will be comparably fresh and waiting.

I know bud. :D But, when the C's are in a playoff game which they're not supposed to win BUT win, I am intense. :D Like those Havlicek steals the ball and Bird steals the ball moment! :) I need to be happy now because the season of the C's could have ended any time. :)

As for the C's, the younger guys have to produce the points, like Green and Bass, which they did today. When they C's do get to meet the Heat, they would need the 'spirit' of Red Auerbach. :D

Last edited:
And how bout the gritty Houston Rockets, also once down 0-3, with an incredibly solid game tonight to make it a 2-3 series on the road. Heading home with a chance to tie the series. Gotta hand it to coach McHale for playing one Patrick Beverley, whom I haven't known till now, and who was a 2009 2nd round pick of the LA Lakers - scoring 14 points in replacement for Lin.

Jay Leno

A New Hampshire man says he was conned by a carnival, losing his entire life savings at the ball toss game. Well, now he knows how Lakers fans feel!

Jay Leno

A New Hampshire man says he was conned by a carnival, losing his entire life savings at the ball toss game. Well, now he knows how Lakers fans feel!

That's cold.....but true, they didn't get their $100,000,000 worth this season.

Tough luck for George Karl. I regard him as a good coach but somehow he hasn't carried his team all they way to a title. His closest was an NBA Finals with Seattle against the Bulls, which he lost. Great series by GS, with young, fast and exciting players. But this will be tested by the Spurs. Old, wise, and seasoned, although not that fast. :) Notice those clumsy inbound passes by the Warriors tonight? Panic passes in the light of those tight pressing defense. They have to correct that with a team like San Antonio.

Tough luck for George Karl. I regard him as a good coach but somehow he hasn't carried his team all they way to a title. His closest was an NBA Finals with Seattle against the Bulls, which he lost. Great series by GS, with young, fast and exciting players. But this will be tested by the Spurs. Old, wise, and seasoned, although not that fast. :) Notice those clumsy inbound passes by the Warriors tonight? Panic passes in the light of those tight pressing defense. They have to correct that with a team like San Antonio.

Losing Galinari was killer.

I think the Grizz have the best chance against the Heat because they're strongest at Miami's weaknesses: inside game (Gasol/Randolph), and quick PG (Conley). They also play surprisingly good defense.

Will reiterate that VDN is a lousy coach.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu