New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

just like in the days of michael jordan's run on those 2 three-peats, i was rooting hard for the other team as i can't bear a jordan dynasty. so this time, since the c's are in complete disarray, i have no other team in the east to pin that hope in beating the heat other than the knicks, with the pacers a second choice. the knicks have personnel pieces man for man, imo, to match up with the heat. the heat's big advantage is their experience of winning games in playoffs and being a cohesive well-oiled machine and i give a lot of credit to their coaching staff, pat riley included (his input as a former multi-ringed coach is too valuable). in short, the heat is a very consistent team. chandler and new discovery kenyon martin, plus a returning amare can clog the lanes in the mold of the dallas championship team a couple of years a go. no 1 player can defend lebron. and rick carlisle's tactic then was to throw lebron with many defenders and play the mini-zone. celtics were 1 game from knocking off the heat and at home for the kill but had no answer for lebron's 45 game night. it shows lebron has the will now to carry everything in his shoulders and that is yet another advantage they have over anyone. if only melo can have that mind-set. maybe he needs to grow some beard and look tougher. :D it takes more than player personnel to beat the heat. it takes a fierce and hungry team effort, i hope the knicks can revive those slam bang rivalries with the heat and play tough. otherwise, it will be just like jordan's bulls - it will be destiny for the heat.

Phil

I have told you so many times how I truly enjoy your narratives on basketball as well as your unbelievable memory of scores in games decades past. I can't remember what I did yesterday :)

Keep em coming buddy.

BTW when do you come to LA again as I am but an hour south.

Phil

I have told you so many times how I truly enjoy your narratives on basketball as well as your unbelievable memory of scores in games decades past. I can't remember what I did yesterday :)

Keep em coming buddy.

BTW when do you come to LA again as I am but an hour south.

Thanks Steve. :)

In the near future, I hope to visit my aunt in San Diego via LA. Surely I would like to visit you again. :)

And the Bulls, without Rose, are up 3-1 against Brooklyn. Nets are inconsistent.

Steve --

You need to get this guy to his first pro game. I'll fly out for the night just to see his face :)

Saw the Nets/Bulls late reg. season at Barclay in Brooklyn (very nice) -- Bulls won, and obvious was Nets dysfunctional mix of personalities. J Johnson/invisible introvert, D Williams (complainer/got Sloan fired), B Lopez (talented but small big), G Wallace ('I've lost all confidence in my game ...', K Humphries (US mag) -- yields zero team character.

Steve --

You need to get this guy to his first pro game. I'll fly out for the night just to see his face :)

Saw the Nets/Bulls late reg. season at Barclay in Brooklyn (very nice) -- Bulls won, and obvious was Nets dysfunctional mix of personalities. J Johnson/invisible introvert, D Williams (complainer/got Sloan fired), B Lopez (talented but small big), G Wallace ('I've lost all confidence in my game ...', K Humphries (US mag) -- yields zero team character.

I think sitting next to Phil at an NBA game would be a hoot. He and I almost made it to a Warriors game last year

Thanks Steve. :)

In the near future, I hope to visit my aunt in San Diego via LA. Surely I would like to visit you again. :)

Phil

I am literally half way between Los Angeles and San Diego

Tough loss by the Rockets after they wiped out a 23 point deficit only to lose in the final seconds

Watching James Harden drive the lane to the basket IMO is every bit as impressive as watching LeBron do the same

Tough loss by the Rockets after they wiped out a 23 point deficit only to lose in the final seconds

Watching James Harden drive the lane to the basket IMO is every bit as impressive as watching LeBron do the same

Tough loss. They were so near. KD played a game of his life. Taking over, and rightly so, for the 3-0 lead. There's still a lot of fight in OKC it seems despite losing Westbrook.

And if the Bulls pull an upset over the Nets then they're going to meet Miami and hope the Bulls continue their miraculous run with Nate the Great doing a fantastic job so far at the point. I never saw this coming but it's a big welcome surprise if the Bulls can go very far into the playoffs. And a Rose might just sprout somewhere down the road. :)

man

the inconsistency of the Clipps is beyond words as the Grizz kick the butts of the Clipps winning by 21 points and by doing such the Clipps give up a 2-0 lead

Have to say I was disappointed with the Clippers yesterday. I thought they would lose game 3 and win game 4 in Memphis and come home with a 3-1 lead. Not to be.

watching Howard get ejected gave me the impression that he cared more about himself than the team and makes me wonder if he will be back with the team next year

In the post game news conference Dwight implied that the team needs to get stronger for next year. He was then asked by a sportscaster if he was implying that he would be back next year or was he reading too much into D12's comment whereupon Dwight said "you're reading too much into it" and that he was going to take a few weeks to clear his head before he makes a decision about next year

Miami has shown these past few years that you do not need a true center to excel. Howard has shown that you do not need a center at all. :D

So Westbrook is out for the year because they "repaired" his lateral meniscus rather than "remove" it. If this is so I need to ask Myles or others in the know how do you repair a meniscus? The meniscus is made of cartilage and has no inherent blood supply and therefore is unable to heal itself.

Looks like the Warriors are going to win tonight and go up 3-1 on Denver - that's impressive. Reminds me of when GSW (8 seed) took out the Mavericks (1 seed) in the 2007 playoffs. Steph Curry having another big game - on one ankle.

Looks like the Warriors are going to win tonight and go up 3-1 on Denver - that's impressive. Reminds me of when GSW (8 seed) took out the Mavericks (1 seed) in the 2007 playoffs. Steph Curry having another big game - on one ankle.

Curry was unconscious! Whatta game! And Bogut, now THAT's a center. Warriors are so fast they are fun to watch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu