New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I hope so. I want a Pacers-Heat rematch!

+1.

Last time around the Pacers went 2-1, even stealing game 2 in Miami, that prompted Dywane Wade to seek some soul searching advise from his college coach after feeling a 'loss of confidence' in his game. In those 2 wins, they held MIA to 75 points in both games, a defensive show. Hopefully if they meet this time, they can do it 2 games more.

Last edited:
Pacers are just a whole lot more balanced than the Knicks and provide tougher matchups for the Heat.

The idea of the Heat winning again is nauseating, but I don't see anyone, Pacers or otherwise, beating them. Grizz have best chance IMO.

Wow, can't believe the Bulls won. Realy only 2 of 5 starters playing.

Wow, can't believe the Bulls won. Realy only 2 of 5 starters playing.

When I look at the Bulls playing, I see 'heart'. They play their hearts out and are very emotional and gritty. Credit Coach Thibs to advancing despite the absence of their starters, and without D-Rose. How he beat a solid and intact Nets team is amazing, and the Nets were built to make a run at the title as well early on.

Will D-Rose suit up? In dramatic fashion ala Willis Reed for the Miami series? Imagine game 3 in Chicago and Rose shows up to play. That will be electrifying. BUT, his confidence and physical ability will be in question. Coming in early on would have slowly primed him up with small minutes, but with MIA waiting on the other side, Rose will be expected to play big and play hard.

Impressive win for the Bulls. I didn't think Noah would even play and he put up big numbers.

Tom Thibodeau is a great coach and the Bulls played their hearts out.

And I learned that the season series for the Bulls and the Heat is 2-2. They have an outside chance, though slim, to score an upset here. Deng should be back, and maybe Hinrich, and maybe maybe even Derrick Rose. Hmmm, I haven't been watching some Bulls' games, but why is Rip Hamilton just sitting on the bench, he is listed as active.

Pacers vs Knicks. Feels like the 90s all over again. I think the Knicks will win it but I'm hoping it will be a fierce series.

For the Knicks to win the series, somebody ought to tell or convince Melo to take 'better' shots. Where Lebron is ahead over the rest is his judicious shot selection. Amazingly, even his choice of a long 3 seems to be well timed or well chosen as he reads his defender well (being a tad out of his discomfort zone) and BANG he nails the 3. Melo, on the other hand, just shoots, shoots and shoots, no matter what. Pacers' defense is quite good too. Melo will be a marked man.

We've had this discussion before. No one else save for Smith (and occassionally Felton) can score. Plus I'll take Melo at the line any time as he's shooting 89 pct from the charity stripe. If he doesn't score, they're cooked. The only thing that might help is if Amare can give them some mins from the line. What's killing them is that Novak has had a crappy year.

Carlesimo fired as Nets coach after playoff ouster....

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Brooklyn Nets said Sunday that P.J. Carlesimo wouldn't return as coach, hours after they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
Carlesimo helped the Nets finish 49-33 after replacing the fired Avery Johnson in December, earning the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.
But they spotted the Chicago Bulls a 17-point halftime lead and lost 99-93 on Saturday night.
"The Brooklyn Nets organization would like to thank P.J. for his efforts with the team in his roles as both head coach and assistant, and for his contributions to the team's success both on and off the court. We wish P.J. and his family only the best in the years to come," general manager Billy King said in a statement.
King received a contract extension recently but the Nets quickly decided they wanted someone new on the bench, even after Carlesimo went 35-19.
The Nets spent hundreds of millions on contracts last summer in hopes of being a contender in their first season in Brooklyn, but were just 14-14 after a December slump, prompting owner Mikhail Prokhorov to fire Johnson.
The Nets won 12 of their first 14 under Carlesimo and went 10-3 down the stretch to earn home-court advantage in the first round. They fell behind 3-1 against Chicago and their comeback came up short Saturday as they tried to become the ninth NBA team to overcome that deficit and win a series

Has anyone else noticed over the past 2-3 weeks that in the intermissions with Michael Wilbon, Magic Johnson Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons it used to be Michael Wilbon who was the lead commentator but now it is Jalen Rose who IMO is terrible.

terrific game between the Grizz and OKC. Grizz give up a 12 point lead in the 4th and with 11.1 seconds left KD nails one at the buzzer for OKC to ahead 91-90. Grizz then lose the inball pass and OKC takes over with 3.5 seconds left and go up 93-90. But a 3 point foul at 1.6 seconds leads to a 93-91 OKC victory

Tough loss for the Grizz. OKC looked vulnerable today but found a way to pull it off.

And the Pacers steal game 1 over the Knicks.

I really don't understand it that no organization has stepped forward and offered The Zen Master a front office position

My guess. How bout Phil picks his spots? Like would he take on a front office job with the Bobcats? Considering MJ and him hooked up on some titles. Given his multiple rings as a coach, Phil probably would not want to be known as a dismal GM. Look at this 'consultant' thing with Detroit. That's playing it quite safe. Help hiring a coach? It would be amazing if that handpicked coach actually leads the Pistons to the Eastern Finals overnight. But then again, almost everyone knows that that team has to be rebuilt, and Dumars is still tasked to do that.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu