New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Curio bit as we await the big day, aka possible clinching day. :)

T-Mac rides the Spurs bench these days, can't even shoot 2's, but, flashback to his glorious Rockets days, he actually beat the Spurs all by himself in the last 33 seconds, scoring 13 in that span. Truly an incredible event in basketball that I doubt can ever be repeated.

Looks like the Clippers - Celtics deal is dead.

I'm OK with that. How much should the Clippers give for Doc Rivers and a 37 year old Kevin Garnett?

Jordan and a first round pick was plenty.

Look for Doc on TV next year.

Forgot one thing - Go Spurs!

Looks like the Clippers - Celtics deal is dead.

I'm OK with that. How much should the Clippers give for Doc Rivers and a 37 year old Kevin Garnett?

Jordan and a first round pick was plenty.

Look for Doc on TV next year.

Forgot one thing - Go Spurs!

strange ending to an equally strange beginning. doc pushing ainge to deal him to the clippers. 2 years ago when he signed his five year contract, he said ' i am a celtic'. i took that to mean that he's committed past the garnett and pierce era. now, he does not want to be part of a rebuilding process and wants to do tv instead. on the other side of the fence, doc coaching the clippers could have meant a hot playoff and title chase. doc coaching a possible lineup of chris paul, garnett, griffin, pierce, crawford? interesting. doc for a 25th pick and next year's low pick? a celtic fan would think it's cheap. :)

No doubt we have different perspectives. :)

There is a precedent for valuing the rights to a successful head coach - 1 first round draft pick.

That's what the Heat gave the Knicks when Pat Riley went to Miami from New York.

Ainge has been ready to pull the trigger on a rebuild for a couple of years now - this would have been a great start.

I think Ainge pushed too far and lost the deal. He could have gotten something for KG, who probably won't come back without Rivers as coach. Next Ainge will look like the bad guy when he buys out Paul Pierce.

Neither Ainge nor Rivers look better after this.

No doubt we have different perspectives. :)

There is a precedent for valuing the rights to a successful head coach - 1 first round draft pick.

That's what the Heat gave the Knicks when Pat Riley went to Miami from New York.

Ainge has been ready to pull the trigger on a rebuild for a couple of years now - this would have been a great start.

I think Ainge pushed too far and lost the deal. He could have gotten something for KG, who probably won't come back without Rivers as coach. Next Ainge will look like the bad guy when he buys out Paul Pierce.

Neither Ainge nor Rivers look better after this.

You're right, WLVCA, Doc and Ainge are going to look real bad to C's fans after this, and maybe 'during' all that talk. How much more strange can it get that this news that Doc was advising the Clippers to keep Bledsoe bec he wants to coach him when he joins the Clippers? I'm gonna be happy with Doc doing TV show, KG retired, and Pierce bought out. The C's probably need to go to the lottery 1 or 2 seasons, and end up 'rebuilt better' like Chicago who got D Rose from the lottery after sinking so low after the Jordan era.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/06/doc-rivers-advising-both-clippers-and.html

Mark Heisler @MarkHeisler

Latest #Celtics-Clippers: Getting emotional, as it always does…. Celtics think Doc is playing both sides, advising Clips on who to offer.
11:57 PM - 18 Jun 2013

This aligns with a report that says Doc was telling the Clippers not to send Eric Bledsoe because he wanted to coach him. Obviously playing both sides isn't the best look here, and probably the reason these talks hit a snag.

Hard to imagine a Pop coached team up by 5 in the closing seconds and lose a game. IT will be a lesson for them. Whether they have it in them to stand up for the next game remains to be seen. But this is the one that got away and for all the marbles. So much drama and it had to be a former Celtic to nail the tying 3 with time running out in regulation. He'll be added to those ex-C's who helped rivals win titles, among them Rick Fox and Brian Shaw. I thought of the 1986 World Series between Boston Red Sox and the NY Mets. Game 6, up by 1 run and 1 out to go and all Bill Buckner had to do was to catch a ground ball on first base but the ball went through his legs. They lost that game, and the next. It's that hard to nail Miami for a win at home, but Spurs got one last chance at least. Rings have to be earned.

My only Solace right now is that my Pacers also took them to 7.

My only thing is I like Spo including the fact that he's half Filipino and comes here every year to do clinics in his Mom's home province. But I hate WADE!

GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the Spurs had it, up 5 with about 30 seconds to go. Ray Allen saved them. Darn.

I did enjoy watching Lebron get stripped of the ball a couple of times and miss by a mile on that 3-pointer. Was ready to say he choked but no such luck.

My only Solace right now is that my Pacers also took them to 7.

My only thing is I like Spo including the fact that he's half Filipino and comes here every year to do clinics in his Mom's home province. But I hate WADE!

GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Celtics last year too. How tough is it to crack this nut? One more bang on the fortress. More wooden stakes and silver bullets. Maybe sunlight as well to repel the Heat? :D As far as I'm concerned, I don't like ANYTHING about the Heat.

Again, my faith is in Pop to coach them into this one. Another game lost, but another chance to redeem themselves. And again, they need that elusive 2nd win in Miami - Spurs gotta think they have a chance at history - think Bill Russel in '69, against a highly favored Lakers team in enemy territory, Game 7. And maybe the last hurrah of Duncan and Manu.

A thought just occurred to me. In games like these, don't we envy our wives (by and large) that they do not have to suffer pulsations and elevated tension (self-inflicted) like we do when we watch these games? :D And to think my Celtics are not even involved. :D

They are not spared my friend. They've got reality shows. LOL!

They are not spared my friend. They've got reality shows. LOL!

Oh yeah...and as for my wife, Korean soap dramas which are endless and limitless... :D

Leaves her teary eyed sometimes. :D

Last edited:
It was truly the game that got away. When Allen nailed it with time running out was a dagger in the heart

Green was non existent last night
Danny Green can you spell C-H-O-K-E!
This has been the most split personality series I have ever witnessed.
It was OVER and then........

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu