New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The ball is round, as I always think and say. Prophets of doom have doomed both teams yet both came alive after a loss and now whose turn shall it be to come alive? The Spurs have some fight in them and though they may be demoralized, they still have to feel good they have yet another chance to take the title, OKC lost in 5, easily. How they handle prosperity was the issue last night, and tomorrow, it will be how to win a title without any safety net, talking bout the Spurs. Who would have thought Miami would play catch up and rally in this game when the thought was a home domination and subsequent humiliation over the Spurs. Spurs can pick up the pieces. As Phil Jackson once said, do not let victory into your head, and do not let defeat into your hearts. Gosh, I don't even remember where I read that, a Celtic fan at that. :D

Danny Green can you spell C-H-O-K-E!
This has been the most split personality series I have ever witnessed.
It was OVER and then........

Green was a triple marked man. Bosh promised Green won't see daylight. It was simple adjustment. Somehow, the Spurs need a surprise stealthy weapon, like Manu in Game 5 as starter. Could it be T-Mac? Somebody has to run amuck here. :D

Green was a triple marked man. Bosh promised Green won't see daylight. It was simple adjustment. Somehow, the Spurs need a surprise stealthy weapon, like Manu in Game 5 as starter. Could it be T-Mac? Somebody has to run amuck here. :D

Dude, wouldn't THAT be a story. A player hidden from view for almost two years with his only minutes playing possum only to explode on the ultimate game of the season. LOL!

You couldn't make that up! Pop would be friggin' immortalized as the sneakiest coach in history!

Dude, wouldn't THAT be a story. A player hidden from view for almost two years with his only minutes playing possum only to explode on the ultimate game of the season. LOL!

You couldn't make that up! Pop would be friggin' immortalized as the sneakiest coach in history!

Yeah! Remember in the Dallas series the Heat couldn't catch Barea. Then came Mahinmi (with your 'What is A Mahinmi? bit) LOL. And to top the cream. then came a Brian Cardinal shooting THREES!!!! But hey, T-Mac is a T-Mac, 13 points in 33 seconds. Fast and Furious! :D

Plus T-Mac has supposedly been the Spurs' LeBron simulator!

What's a Mahinmi! ROTFL! I remember that! Hahahahahaha!

Oh yeah...and as for my wife, Korean soap dramas which are endless and limitless... :D

Leaves her teary eyed sometimes. :D

And now I just remember, she misses her dessert because she's 5 minutes late into the soap. I mean, do we miss our steaks, burgers and dimsum for a lousy World Championship? Nah! :D

I was looking through the list of 2014 free agents. I can't believe Amare has been making twice Duncan's salary.

And now I just remember, she misses her dessert because she's 5 minutes late into the soap. I mean, do we miss our steaks, burgers and dimsum for a lousy World Championship? Nah! :D

We just miss work. Hahahahaha!

I was looking through the list of 2014 free agents. I can't believe Amare has been making twice Duncan's salary.

there are quite a few of these overpaid underachievers. and vice versa too.

We just miss work. Hahahahaha!

Quite TRUE! But I think I'll go out to find work on Game 7. Gotta give my heart some rest. :D

what are the Vegas odds on either team tomorrow?

Either the Spurs need to show up angry and determined or Game 7 will predictably end with Miami hoisting the trophy

Total collapse in the 4th and OT could demoralize them tomorrow

I remember when Punch Imlach coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs well over 50 years ago said "statistics are for losers", so here goes....

NBA Finals Game 7 opening line report – Can Spurs respond to heartbreaking loss?

By: The Linemakers

The Heat’s thrilling overtime victory over the Spurs Tuesday night has forced a Game 7 in the NBA Finals (Thursday, 9 p.m. ET, ABC), where Miami opened as a 6.5-point home favorite at most Las Vegas sports books.

Early action has been on San Antonio, as the LVH SuperBook and South Point moved off their opening numbers to Heat -6 early Wednesday morning.

The Wynn originally posted Heat -6 and the MGM went with 7. As of close of business Tuesday night, there was no movement at the Wynn, while the MGM moved to 6.5.

There’s nothing too surprising about the Game 7 line. The Heat laid 6.5 in Games 2 and 6, also played in Miami.

The Heat were an attractive bet to many Tuesday night because of the pattern they had established by winning and covering 12 games in a row – six times during the playoffs – after losing their previous game. That trend, however, came to a halt in Game 6, as Miami failed to cover in its 103-100 win.

The Spurs, by the way, have done a fine job of responding to losses as well. They, too, have not lost consecutive games in the postseason, going 4-0 SU and ATS after losses.

But many NBA observers are questioning how the Spurs – who squandered a 13-point third quarter lead and a 5-point lead with 28 seconds left in regulation in Game 6 – will come back from such a heartbreaking defeat.

The Spurs’ post-game body language isn’t necessarily inspiring confidence.

Said Manu Ginobili, who performed woefully Tuesday night, "I have no clue how we'll get re-energized. I'm devastated. But we have to."

The Game 7 money line at the LVH has Miami -280, San Antonio +240; William Hill has Miami -300, San Antonio +250.

In terms of the total, Game 6 was the fourth straight of this series that went OVER – but it needed overtime for that to happen (it was 95-95 after regulation, and the total was 192). The Game 7 total is between 190 and 190.5 across Vegas; Game 6 is the only time this series the total has been above 190.

Quite TRUE! But I think I'll go out to find work on Game 7. Gotta give my heart some rest. :D

Come the 3rd Q I'll be boarding a plane. Grrrrrrr.

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN....

Adrian Wojnarowski ? @WojYahooNBA

The Celtics and Clippers have started talks again on the Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
5:52 AM - 20 Jun 2013

Clippers restart talks with Celtics on Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal
By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports – 58 minutes ago

With a full understanding that free agent Chris Paul wants this deal completed, the Los Angeles Clippers re-engaged the Boston Celtics on the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers negotiations on Wednesday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Clippers walked away from the talks on Monday morning, insisting that Boston's asking price of DeAndre Jordan and two first-round picks was too steep of a price for Garnett.

Clippers guard Chris Paul will become a free agent on July 1. (USA Today Sports)Clippers management believed Boston would eventually come back to them out of a belief that the Celtics-Rivers relationship would be difficult to repair, but league sources told Y! Sports that Paul's desire to play for Rivers – and with Garnett – has been a significant motivator for Los Angeles.

The Clippers have negotiated a five-year, $35 million deal with Rivers that could be worth as much as $8 million annually with incentives, sources said. Garnett will waive his no-trade clause to be a part of the deal. The Clippers would have to pay a $3.5 million trade kicker on Jordan's contract.

Behind the scenes, there have been several factions trying to restart the talks, and everyone involved – the Clippers, Celtics and Rivers – have been waiting for someone to make the first move, sources said.

"The money is not a hang-up in this right now," a league source told Yahoo! Sports. "It's about the draft pick."

The Celtics have insisted on two first-round draft picks in the deal, but the Clippers have wanted to include only one.

Privately, Clippers officials are expressing a stronger optimism about getting a deal complete, sources said.

Bill Simmons ? @BillSimmons

FYI: Chris Paul got involved in this Clips-Celts debacle, that's why they are talking again. Clips cannot risk CP being unhappy on July 1st.
6:13 AM - 20 Jun 2013

Picturing a lineup of a Clips team with Blake and Pierce as forwards, KG at center. Chris Paul and Willie Green as guards. Jamaal Crawford, Matt Barnes, Butler, and Bledsoe as reserves. Doc Rivers as coach. I would wish that all of them would be wearing the Celtic green instead. Clips would be missing De Andre who has no perimeter shooting as KG has, and 2 future 25ish level picks who might be sent to the D-league and forgotten. It's not that I'm thrilled with the proposed deal, but seeing Pierce back to his hometown, KG near his Malibu home, and Doc happy to being coaching a contender makes me happy. I have always been happy to see ex-Celtics succeed elsewhere as coaches or front office or still as players. Franky, nothing will happen much to the C's with DeAndre. And they lose Doc, KG and Pierce. Lottery time. That's a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. And with Vinnie del Negro still available, the green outlook is really dark.

Last edited:
I told you that Bill Simmons said prior to game 5 that he anticipated the deal would get done

They will be a power house perhaps the same power as the Lakers were :)

Only thing that bothers me is the leverage that franchise players have in this league aka Magic, Kobe, DWill, and again DWill, Paul etc

Only thing that bothers me is the leverage that franchise players have in this league aka Magic, Kobe, DWill, and again DWill, Paul etc

So true, Steve. And sad to say, it's here to stay, this prima donna attitude.

And upon checking, DeAndre Jordan, Lamar Odom, and Caron Butler EACH makes more money than Blake Griffin. 10.5m. 8.2m and 8m respectively. Blake makes only 7.2m. He's gotta upgrade his shoe line quick. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu