New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

To be fired again???

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d...n-with-rockets-as-frontrunners-023015124.html

"Although Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently told D'Antoni that his job is secure, sources said, the fact that management hasn't allowed him to start hiring assistant coaches for a depleted staff has left many suspicious the Lakers are keeping the option of cutting ties with D'Antoni should it allow them to re-sign Howard.

And the one coach who has most recently been considered for an assistant's spot on the staff, Kurt Rambis, is closely tied to the Buss family and the ever-lurking Phil Jackson. The Lakers are desperate to hold onto Howard, and the reality remains that two of the people who should be most important in the retainment process – D'Antoni and star Kobe Bryant – have poor relationships with him."

To be fired again???

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d...n-with-rockets-as-frontrunners-023015124.html

"Although Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently told D'Antoni that his job is secure, sources said, the fact that management hasn't allowed him to start hiring assistant coaches for a depleted staff has left many suspicious the Lakers are keeping the option of cutting ties with D'Antoni should it allow them to re-sign Howard.

And the one coach who has most recently been considered for an assistant's spot on the staff, Kurt Rambis, is closely tied to the Buss family and the ever-lurking Phil Jackson. The Lakers are desperate to hold onto Howard, and the reality remains that two of the people who should be most important in the retainment process – D'Antoni and star Kobe Bryant – have poor relationships with him."

Dwight gets to name his own coach!!!

Maybe not. The d'Antoni experiment is a disaster and terminating it should be an imperative for the Lakers. Find a way to have Jackson back and leave him do what he knows how to do, get the best from the Best.

Maybe not. The d'Antoni experiment is a disaster and terminating it should be an imperative for the Lakers. Find a way to have Jackson back and leave him do what he knows how to do, get the best from the Best.

Phil just won't coach again and i'd be surprised if little Buss would ever agree as it would have openly proved him wrong in the first place

Now Rambis would be interesting

Last edited:
Knick plays 'not to be outdone' with the Nets. :D One has to wonder in spite of such a good lineup last season, what was lacking in the Knicks play. And JR is a free agent now.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo! Expert
Sources: Knicks dealing for Andrea Bargnani; Raptors get Steve Novak, Marcus Camby and picks

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--s...--marcus-camby-and-draft-picks-223847584.html

Will Carmelo ever pass to Bargnani?

Phil, have to disagree with your analysis of Knicks play last season -- I thought/think they're a horribly unbalanced and constructed team and that was evident in the playoffs.

Will Carmelo ever pass to Bargnani?

Phil, have to disagree with your analysis of Knicks play last season -- I thought/think they're a horribly unbalanced and constructed team and that was evident in the playoffs.

Well Bob, I thought they were doing well initially until Rasheed Wallace went down. :D Seriously, my wish to have any team up end the Heat in the playoffs made me see a 'good on paper' team like what NY assembled. The dysfunction is probably due to Melo himself, as he is the 'main man' and the black hole all in one but cannot carry his team. Next season, my hopes are pinned on the Pacers, Bulls,and hopefully the Nets to do better.

Last edited:
Wow, Howard is now playing GM to the GM. Such 'power'. Amazing.

Posted July 01, 2013
Report: Dwight Howard asked Houston Rockets to add third max contract

"According to a report in the Houston Chronicle, Howard asked Morey if he would be able to offer another player a max-contract deal in addition to the contracts of Harden and Howard if he were to sign. After acquiring Harden from the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Rockets signed Harden to a five-year, max-contract deal worth $80 million."

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/01/rockets-dwight-howard-meeting/

Well Bob, I thought they were doing well initially until Rasheed Wallace went down. :D Seriously, my wish to have any team up end the Heat in the playoffs made me see a 'good on paper' team like what NY assembled. The dysfunction is probably due to Melo himself, as he is the 'main man' and the black hole all in one but cannot carry his team. Next season, my hopes are pinned on the Pacers, Bulls,and hopefully the Nets to do better.

Will Bargani play defense? All joking aside, the Knicks were painfully aware that Carmelo was their only scoring option. They seriously need to add some other offensive options. Chandler, Felton, Shumpert don't scare anybody. And with JR Smith possibly leaving, the Knicks need to add some more firepower even more urgently. If nothing else, they can't double team Carmelo as much since they need to respect and guard Bargani.

Never thought the Clipps would trade Bledsoe

Phoenix Suns: Ryan McDonough Hits Homerun with Eric Bledsoe Trade

By Michael Dunlap | Yahoo! Contributor Network

COMMENTARY | When Ryan McDonough took over as the general manager of the Phoenix Suns, most assumed it was just a matter of time before the first major changes occurred. July 2nd was that day, as the Suns hit a homerun by acquiring Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler from the Los Angeles Clippers.
The deal, as reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Spots, involved the Suns, Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks. The Suns acquire Bledsoe and Butler while sending fan-favorite Jared Dudley to the Clippers and two second-round picks to the Bucks. The Bucks sent J.J. Redick to the Clippers to complete the trade.
The Suns needed more athleticism on the wing and in Bledsoe, they got their man. At 6'1" and 190lbs, Bledsoe is a burner on the wing who averaged 2.5 steals per-36 minutes in the 2012-13 season. The question will be if he starts next to Goran Dragic or if Dragic could be traded.
Butler brings a veteran presence to the team and is a valuable expiring contract that can be moved at the deadline. While he isn't close to the player that averaged 20.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 2.2 steals in the 2007-08 season, he is a guy who fills a void at the small forward who can make open jumpshots.
The Suns struggled from the 3-point line in 2012-13, shooting just 33 percent, which was good for No. 28 in the NBA. Both Bledsoe at Butler can knock down the three, as they shot 39.7 and 38.8 percent, respectively.
Giving up a fan-favorite like Dudley is always tough to swallow, but when the team can acquire a potential star like Bledsoe, the decision becomes simple. At the very worst, the Suns turned a small asset in Dudley into a much larger one in Bledsoe and an expiring contract.
On the court, the Suns instantly become much better. Assuming the roster remains intact, they could pair Dragic, Bledsoe and Butler with Scola and Gortat to form a solid starting five. The bench would be highlighted by Markieff Morris, P.J. Tucker, Archie Goodwin and Alex Len.
Head coach Jeff Hornacek wanted to move to a more uptempo system with more athletes and that's what he's done. The Suns are in an advantageous position, with an abundance of assets to move in the form of Dragic, expiring contracts and draft picks The Suns hit a homerun on this one and you can be sure it won't be the last.

Not sure yet what I think of the trade but Redick will benefit hugely from C Paul.

You nailed it on 'Sheed or Rashweed as Pete Vecsey used to call him. LOL on that Phil.

And yeah, anything to beat the Heat (which may well be D Wade's knees next year) -- they are not at all an historically great team, talent drop off after the top two is a Teton-like vertical face. Their lack of balance yet winning seasons are evidence of a weak, diluted league.

To me, Knicks probs aren't so much firepower as a selfish star who is only beginning to grasp what winning requires.

My own guess is Houston. My readings tell me LAL is a good suitor but I just cannot imagine how Howard will choose a team with D'Antoni having a multiple year contract.

My feelings all along Phil

And Steve, I'm thinking Mitch must have a plan B in case Howard bolts out of LA. He has to think what if Kobe's injury takes more time. That will leave him with a handful of veterans like Gasol, Metta, and Nash. It would be interesting who gets in to join them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu