New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Good news if you're a Pacers fan, Larry Bird is back:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/#/story/news/bird-returns-president-basketball-operations

Should be an interesting draft, no one seems in love with any of the top rated players.

And true to Jack's word, Bird belongs to Indiana. :D

Oh well, then I conceed that Larry Bird is not going through that Boston door, ever. :D

Great news for the Pacers really. They fell one game short of the finals and one way to help them is to get top seed in the East to get home court advantage, which Miami has had in the last couple of years. And maybe add a couple of reliable scorers to support Hill and George when they're having a slow night. And perhaps make Hibbert taller still. :D

Steve, I'm just thinking even if Dwight signs a 5 year max contract with the Lakers, how can his performance drastically change from last season, wherein he claims he doesn't fit in the system of D'Antoni? And those new items of intrigues with Kobe...just like those Shaq days of old with Kobe. Will Dwight ever match the emotional fire of leading the Lakers to the top in the mold of a Tim Duncan who was so mad at himself for missing a tip in that he slammed his hand on the floor? Such is the commitment we want to see from Dwight, and not just toying around and letting the minutes tick down and leave for the bus.

In the playoffs, Dwight's didn't even wait for the clock to tick down. He got himself ejected from the game.

Lakers are thinking he played hurt last year recovering from the back surgery and he'll be better next season after he's fully healed.

And on paper, I would have thought that the tandem of Howard and Gasol would have a bit of advantage over that of say, Hibbert and West. But based on last season alone, it is clear that the latter duo performed so much better.

Same with Chicago in landing Doc's former assistant Tom Thibodeau after firing Del Negro, if I'm not mistaken.

Phil, I think you mean 'after thankfully firing VDN.

DOC.jpg

I had no recollection that Doc played in the '91-'92 season (wearing number 25) for the Clippers with among others (who others?) :D Danny Manning. Once a Clipper, always a Clipper? He said 2 years ago, 'I am a Celtic', he just didn't say 'forever'. :D

Dwight Howard rumors: Star center reportedly 'unlikely' to re-sign with Lakers

By Steve von Horn

Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard is set to become a free agent on July 1, and it is "unlikely" he will re-sign with the Lakers due to his issues with head coach Mike D'Antoni's system, according to a report from Chris Broussard of ESPN. L.A. has engaged in discussions with Howard's representatives, and the team remains confident they will be able to re-sign the star big man, but his frustration with D'Antoni is something that has been floating around in the rumor mill since the end of the disappointing 2012-13 season. If Howard decides to move on, the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are listed by Broussard as the favorites to land him.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak made an effort at the end of the year to deny a rift between Howard and D'Antoni, but since then there have been multiple reports that other teams are lining up to make a run at Howard this summer. The Houston Rockets have supposedly made Howard and Chris Paul targets 1 and 1a in free agency. Things are serious enough that Chandler Parsons has risked a tampering charge by constantly selling Howard on the idea of signing in Houston and GM Daryl Morey is shopping Thomas Robinson heading into the 2013 NBA Draft to help clear cap space for D-12.

The Lakers can still offer more money and more years on a new contract than any other team in the NBA, and Kobe Bryant has requested the "final word" before Howard makes any decision to leave, so this situation is far from resolved. The tide is slowly turning in L.A. among fans, however. At Lakers blog Silver Screen and Roll, three of the four writers on the latest Dwight Howard round table feature now believe he will head elsewhere when he becomes a free agent. Here we go again.

The good news for a Laker fan is that Chris Broussard isn't the most reliable source. I wouldn't bank on his claim that Howard is leaving.

Now if it was Woj @ Yahoo, that's another story.

I had no recollection that Doc played in the '91-'92 season (wearing number 25) for the Clippers with among others (who others?) :D Danny Manning. Once a Clipper, always a Clipper? He said 2 years ago, 'I am a Celtic', he just didn't say 'forever'. :D

I didn't realize that either. Started following the Clippers in 2001 when they moved to Staples and bought season tickets. Had been to one of their games at the Sports Arena (not a nice place) but that was because my wife is from Chicago and the Bulls were in town.

Staples Center is a great place to watch a game. First game we went to was a Laker's game and we ended up in the very last row in the 300 Level - way up top. Swore I wouldn't go to a game if I had to sit that far away.

Two Laker season ticket seats were about $17,000 (now $27,000 in the lower bowl / 200 level) and the Clippers were $1,800.00, buy one, get one free.

Given that I can be frugal, I picked the Clippers. We were more interested in seeing the great visiting teams initially. Once we went to the games and got to know the players we were hooked on the Clippers.

Last edited:
I think this reporter has way too much time on their hands. Three first round picks for two over the hill and ready to roll players? Gotta be high.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rumored-nets-celtics-trade-involving-180600261.html

The interesting thing about rumors is sometimes they become true. Imo the main problem with KG and Pierce is that both have expensive salaries considering their age. In terms of performance, KG still did 15 ppg and Pierce 18 ppg last season. They can still produce. And their minutes should be reduced, which Doc didn't or didn't have the luxury of doing given their injury depleted bench. Boston's problems now is all centered on Pierce as he is believed by many to be bought out. Doc knew if Pierce is gone, KG will be gone. The Doc drew first blood by wanting out, teaming a deal with KG (a move done so enthusiastically they forgot it violated the CBA). Pierce was also rumored to follow to the Clippers if that happened. To Boston, Pierce is not worth $15m this season. I agree too. I feel it's an emotional thing as KG wouldn't want to play in Boston without Pierce as noted in some reports. And this sort of trade rumor where both get shipped off without getting cap space is irrational to me as well, from the Celtics point of view. And I understand how a Nets fan feel as well. :)

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson at guard spots.

KG and Pierce at forward.

Brook Lopez at center, backed up by Blatche.

6th man Jason Terry.

The Nets doesn't seem to like that? At least for next season? This can give Miami some heat. :)

Then add a couple of free agent long range shooters...

Brand new coach in Kidd...bust or boom... :D

The Celtics, meanwhile, if they take those secondaries from the Nets, and '14, '16 and '18 picks are going STRAIGHT down to the lottery arena.

Dwight Howard will sign contract on July 10, according to report

By Drew Garrison

Dwight Howard's contract with the Los Angeles Lakers expires on July 1, and while he is expected to consider multiple options outside of L.A., he won't drag out his decision. The first day that Howard can sign a contract is July 10 and a source close to him expects he will sign his contract on that day, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN.....

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...d-free-agent-july-10-lakers-rumors/in/4116197

Woj reports KG/Pierce to Nets deal is done. Garnett waives no trade clause. Nets just acquired 2 15ppg plus starters and a former 6th man of the year without giving up big names. I'll be rooting for them come the Eastern playoffs. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-pursuing-trade-for-kevin-garnett--paul-pierce-171213145.html

Boston is taking in Gerald Wallace's $30m contract for the next 3 years! Wow.

And very interesting possible scenario. KG, Pierce with the Nets facing Ray Allen of the Heat in an Eastern playoffs matchup. :D Ainge's contribution to NBA drama. :D And, Joe Johnson was a Celtics first round draft pick way back. So lots of Celtics in there for the attack on the Miami tower. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu