New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Dwight Howard will sign contract on July 10, according to report

By Drew Garrison

Dwight Howard's contract with the Los Angeles Lakers expires on July 1, and while he is expected to consider multiple options outside of L.A., he won't drag out his decision. The first day that Howard can sign a contract is July 10 and a source close to him expects he will sign his contract on that day, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN.....

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...d-free-agent-july-10-lakers-rumors/in/4116197

Is Howard planning a D12 D(ecision) on ESPN??? He might win rings after taking his talents somewhere. :D

Now it's Nowitski wanting Howard...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mavs-gonzagas-olynyk-no-13-011323603--nba.html

DALLAS (AP) -- Dirk Nowitzki has reached out to Dwight Howard. The Dallas Mavericks essentially did the same thing during the NBA draft Thursday night.

On the same night the German superstar acknowledged he's had phone contact with the free agent center, the Mavericks traded down twice to clear salary cap space for a run at Howard next week.

The real end of an era...Might as well trade out Rondo for someone like Lillard.

998686_10151665169069020_418998681_n.jpg

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson at guard spots.

KG and Pierce at forward.

Brook Lopez at center, backed up by Blatche.

6th man Jason Terry.

The Nets doesn't seem to like that? At least for next season? This can give Miami some heat. :)

Then add a couple of free agent long range shooters...

Brand new coach in Kidd...bust or boom... :D

The Celtics, meanwhile, if they take those secondaries from the Nets, and '14, '16 and '18 picks are going STRAIGHT down to the lottery arena.

Like to be proven wrong but the Nets owner appears to be the new Steinbrenner of basketball. Trade for aging, over the hill veterans based on what they were, not what they are now. They'll all break down by the end of the year.

Like to be proven wrong but the Nets owner appears to be the new Steinbrenner of basketball. Trade for aging, over the hill veterans based on what they were, not what they are now. They'll all break down by the end of the year.

or during the year, like LAL's big four did.

I think lots of GMs and owners want at 'short cut'. The Celtics did it in 2008 and previously in 2004 LAL assembled a super team by adding Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Then Miami did it with Lebron and Bosh. They'll all interested in a title right here right now - this coming season's end, not next 2 years. With this present lineup of the Nets, if they were all donning the Celtics uniform, I'd be thrilled and be bullish, for this coming season's end. Derron is a point producer not like Rondo. Joe can have his day off and Pierce can take the scoring slack, and vice versa. JT, if he regains his shooting touch as Allen did by hitting just ONE all important buzzer 3, will be the talk of the town again. KG, his emotion will fire up the teammates and elicit team defense on court, plus his is good for his short jumpers any game. And Brook, Shaq called him a better center than Howard. I wonder what the Nets are so worried about losing 3 future 20ish picks plus Humphries, Wallace and some guys I'm hearing for the first time. The thing that will worry my is if Jason Kidd can keep this ship together.

And talking of aged players. How bout Ray Allen? Age 37, same as Garnett. A year ago he was horrible and claiming some bone spurs as culprit as Boston lost to the Heat in 7 games in the Eastern Finals. Last 2 weeks, he nailed a 3 after Lebron missed a 3, to save the season for the Heat. Without this aging Allen, Lebron would be toasted by the media. Maybe this is why Billy King is trading for these 2 aged Celtics. Lebron the King missed the tying 3 and it took Allen to save his throne.

Teams should be frantic to prevent a Heat dynasty. Lebron promised 7 championships. And he has made 2.

Last edited:
Bill Simmons is a great basketball writer. Have his Book of Basketball and read the Grantland site.

He's not made for TV. He's a lifelong Celtics fan and I think he had his fan hat on when he made that comment, not his professional reporter hat.

Almost can't blame him given the massive changes for the Celtics - end of an era. Danny Ainge will be lonely in Boston.

Simmons does live in LA and he has Clippers season tickets so he'll see Doc a lot.

And speaking of the devil, without whom Lebron's cover on sports mag will be crying instead of smiling. James ought to give him a share of his endorsement revenues. :D

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/28/ray-allen-re-sign-miami-heat-contract-player-option/?sct=uk_t2_a3

Posted June 28, 2013
Ray Allen exercises player option to return to Heat next season
Ben Golliver, Miami Heat, Ray Allen
By Ben Golliver
Ray Allen

Ray Allen will seek the third title of his career with the Heat next year. (Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)

The Heat announced Friday that guard Ray Allen has exercised his player option and will remain with Miami for the 2013-14 season.

Allen, 37, signed a two-year, $6.3 million contract with the Heat in 2012 after spending the previous five seasons with the Celtics. What initially looked like one of last summer’s best signings paid huge dividends in Game 6 of the Finals against the Spurs, when Allen hit a three-pointer to force overtime. The Heat, trailing in the series 3-2 at the time of Allen’s shot, went on to win in overtime, take Game 7 and secure their second consecutive NBA championship.

Why break up a good thing? Allen’s decision hardly comes as a surprise. The 10-time All-Star got exactly what he wanted from Miami: the second title of his career. Miami got exactly what they wanted from Allen: floor-spacing three-point shooting and steady play in the postseason.

Bill Simmons is a great basketball writer. Have his Book of Basketball and read the Grantland site.

He's not made for TV. He's a lifelong Celtics fan and I think he had his fan hat on when he made that comment, not his professional reporter hat.

Almost can't blame him given the massive changes for the Celtics - end of an era. Danny Ainge will be lonely in Boston.

Simmons does live in LA and he has Clippers season tickets so he'll see Doc a lot.

The break up of the team by Ainge is a sooner or later thing. Some thought it should have been a year or so ago. So Simmons as a big fan of the C's naturally will feel bad. There is already a hate club brewing in some Celtics fan sites on Ainge, with his face on the dart board. The Celtics have seen endings and rebirths of may eras, Bill Russel to Havlicek/Cowens to Bird/Mchale to the Garnett/Pierce. The question now is WHO will be their next star to anchor them. Until Ainge trades 7 young players to get some super player like Kevin Durant, C's fans have to wait. I personally am taking it in stride. Rebuilding has to be done. Boston has not had a lottery pick as far as I remember since the early 90s when Pitino's crew did not get the No. 1 pick in Tim Duncan. Prior to that was even worse, the No.1 pick died in a matter of days after the draft - Len Bias, and another top pick Reggie Lewis died after a few seasons. Teams like Chicago had D Rose, OKC had KD, so their rebuilding is a bit complete. Boston needs to get to the lottery first, and I feel Ainge is gearing the team in that direction. If he made the team contend in some half-cooked playoff berths and always end up in the low picks 20s area, he'll never get a lottery pick.

Ainge did the right thing. Rebuilding with a stockpile of pics works better than remodeling which tends to yield chronic mediocrity. Interesting thing will be to see if they trade Rondo before or during the season. My bet is during -- he proves he's back from his knee and regains his value, Celts get a decent offer the n tank for more lottery balls and a shot at Wiggins.

Ainge did the right thing. Rebuilding with a stockpile of pics works better than remodeling which tends to yield chronic mediocrity. Interesting thing will be to see if they trade Rondo before or during the season. My bet is during -- he proves he's back from his knee and regains his value, Celts get a decent offer the n tank for more lottery balls and a shot at Wiggins.

Andrew Wiggins. That name should be ringing in Ainge's mind as he was dealing out Doc, KG and Pierce. 1 out of 7 shot at the lottery and Wiggins is better than none. If I were him, I'd shop Rondo right now. Who knows he might do a D Rose and not even play the whole year. And worst, do an Andrew Bynum and play bowling. :D

Last edited:
While Ainge might go down as low as the lowly ML Carr in Celtics management lore, one thing that I, as a Celtics fan, still find positive in all these is that 1. he is helping the Clippers (sorry to the Lakers fans) compete for the title, and 2. he is helping the Nets become title contenders as well, and 3. he is helping his team the Celtics rebuild and get into the lottery. :) I'm ALL for ANY team to take the title next season from the hate. And I can't blame Ainge for Ray Allen bolting last season to take the shot that save the kingdom of James. Allen took less money in an apparent move to spite all Celtics on earth, so Ainge is scott free there. :D

Contending teams have to take note and take note quick, they do not have the luck of having 3 star players take LESS money to fill cap space like what those 3 heaters did 3 years ago. They do not have the luck of the 3 point champion going to them for half the offer of his former team. And they do not have the debacle of some recent champion teams whose key players (Posey for the 2007 C's or Ariza of the 2010 Lakers) chose to have MORE money with another team after winning a championship. This Miami team is really full of luck ( I hate to use the word blessings) as none of their core players had serious injuries like ACL or torn A. tendon. How else can you explain that last 5 second shot in Game 6 when their king already missed his? And so, contending teams need to spend more to do more and to achieve more. :D

Last edited:
It's tough adjusting to this view. More so if they visit the Boston TD Garden. :(

BN8WWNLCMAMI4i6.jpg

Danny, while we're at it, why not try to help the Pacers too by shipping Rondo to them for some future picks? :D You can have a good deal with your buddy Larry Bird. :D

Dallas Mavericks Reportedly Interested in Rajon Rondo

By Mark Evans | Yahoo! Contributor Network

COMMENTARY | The Boston Celtics have made some major moves recently. Doc Rivers left town for the Los Angeles Clippers, and a mega deal sent Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Jason Terry to the Brooklyn Nets. A rebuild is on the horizon in a big way.
It looks like Danny Ainge may not be done dealing just yet. Could Rajon Rondo be the next star player to be traded by the Celtics?
According to a report, the Dallas Mavericks are interested in trying to obtain the All Star point guard. While some believe that Rondo will be the foundation of Boston's rebuilding effort, some think that Ainge will deal his best player remaining in order to obtain even more assets for the future.
The Mavericks always seem to be aggressive in the offseason, with Mark Cuban leading the way. With Dirk Nowitzki aging, it seems like Dallas is ready to do whatever it takes to put them back into championship contention immediately. The Mavericks missed the playoffs last season, with the point guard position being a major weakness. After Darren Collison was brought into town, the 38 year old Mike James ended up being the team's starting point guard.
Rondo would certainly be a massive improvement for Dallas. There have been rumors surrounding several big names and the Mavericks, including Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. In desperate need for a point guard, Brandon Jennings has also been brought up.
For Dallas, landing Rondo would be a huge win if they strike out on Paul or Howard. Rondo is a major improvement over both James and Collison, and would provide Nowitzki with a legitimate All Star partner for a last run at a second championship.
It's unclear what Boston would want back, as they have already piled up plenty of draft picks over the next few seasons. Draft picks are always good, but the Celtics would probably like a player or two at this point. Shane Larkin could be of interest, who was recently selected by Dallas in the first round. Otherwise, it's tough to see what Boston would really want from the Dallas roster.
For the Celtics, simply escaping the "middle ground" could be enough to pull the trigger. Being awful next season may be their best strategy, with the end goal being Andrew Wiggins in next year's draft. With Rondo in town, they may not be bad enough to have a very high pick next year. Without him, they will be in the cellar.

If Ainge really wants a shot at the lottery for Wiggins, he should shop Rondo now if there are takers in exchange for more picks. Then he can trade those picks out again if ever he's lucky to land Wiggins.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu