New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

To me it's a no win situation as long as Jim Buss makes the coaching decision changes and it would be too much for him to admit defeat and fire D'Antoni which IMO would benefit the team if a satisfactory replacement is found however should this be the case it would IMO continue to tarnish D12's legacy so it's darned if you do and darned if you don't for D12. He can suck it in and commit for $118M over 5 years and in doing so remain second fiddle to Kobe for another 3 years as well as hoping D'Antoni can work him into the offense better. If he signs with the Lakers and D'Antoni can't or won't and continues his run and gun offense with a bunch of senior citizens, I would expect another coaching change and of the list available one now has to think Rambis. IMO Jim Buss fears for his legacy and have Phil laugh at him if he has yet another coaching change. Change has to first come from the top and as long as Jim Buss wields his power the Lakers are doomed for the foreseeable future

Never thought the Clipps would trade Bledsoe[/I]

Clippers had to trade Bledsoe as he will be in the final year of his current contract during the upcoming season. They would have had a tough time retaining him given his increasing value and their payroll issues.

By trading Bledsoe now they also got rid of Caron Butler's $8mm contract. Caron was past his peak and the Clippers needed the cap room.

They got back Redick and Dudley and they needed both a SG and SF with strong outside shooting - a critical need to open up the middle for Blake Griffin. Teams were collapsing on Blake last year.

Redick and Dudley should thrive next year with CP3 feeding them for open outside shots.

Now the Clippers need a backup point guard and a big or two.

Good trade for the Clips and Suns. Bucks got something for Redick (two second round picks) rather than nothing had he left in free agency.

Sorry to see both players go but had to be done.

Last edited:
Celtics hire Butler coach Brad Stevens. I gotta think Rick Pitino all over again. But the good thing is, Stevens' name does not start with a D. :D

Same question too when I first read his name.

Wow. Very bright guy (and not all coaches are, see last two Clips coaches as examples) but we'll see.

Wow. Very bright guy (and not all coaches are, see last two Clips coaches as examples) but we'll see.

I'm reading from Celtics sites that this is tantamount to a 3rd shock for Celtics fans in the last few weeks. I'm bracing for the 4th shock which is the trading of Rondo, and the 5th shock, the landing of Andrew Wiggins next year. :D Ecstatic shock. :D

I'm reading from Celtics sites that this is tantamount to a 3rd shock for Celtics fans in the last few weeks. I'm bracing for the 4th shock which is the trading of Rondo, and the 5th shock, the landing of Andrew Wiggins next year. :D Ecstatic shock. :D

Ordinarily, we, THe Lakers fans love when the Celtics make those dubious (some would have called them "dumb" moves :) ) but with Hollywood Jerry Jones . err... microbuss making personnel decisions for the Lakers.. We will top you soon and with a larger payroll ...

Ordinarily, we, THe Lakers fans love when the Celtics make those dubious (some would have called them "dumb" moves :) ) but with Hollywood Jerry Jones . err... microbuss making personnel decisions for the Lakers.. We will top you soon and with a larger payroll ...

I hear ya. :D Actually, this Celtics fan is 'worried' about you guys out west. :D Eventually, microbuss is going to have to rebuild after Kobe becomes not Kobe. Thing is Kobe cannot be traded unless he waives his no-trade clause, so poison pills to wait till he retires. From then on, assuming they do not land Howard, i see a rebuilding process as well. And with D'Antoni around, tanking is easy. :D

I think trading Rondo is likely the right move unless they believe they can, and he's willing for them to, build a team around him. My guess is that they'll let him show his knee is OK and trade him by the midseason deadline to a contending team that needs a PG. Indiana, for ex, is a great candidate. Knicks too in that they'll give away the future for the present in a heartbeat.

Rajon for Danny Granger. Hmmmmmmmm.

A friend and I have been discussing that one. Couldn't have been more evident against the Heat how disorganized on offense the Pacers could be with the pressure up. And it fatigued George to have to bring the ball up so much with no other great ballhanders. Pacers really regret the Lawson trade, Rondo would be perfect, and they're exactly the kind of contending team that should trade the future for the present. Unlike the Knicks, they're close enough.

Phil Ainge would have to turn down Jack Bird on that one, on first look. :D

But since we are ex-team mates and partners I would give it a go, Grainger plus 2 first rounders. :D And anything to help the Pacers win that 1 more game over the Heat. And the Pacers has got to focus this coming season to snatch the eastern home court via most regular season wins. It has been proven thrice that the battling the Heat on their arena yields negative results. Wooden stakes, silver bullets, garlic and the like are all needed to finally kill this vampire. :D

A friend and I have been discussing that one. Couldn't have been more evident against the Heat how disorganized on offense the Pacers could be with the pressure up. And it fatigued George to have to bring the ball up so much with no other great ballhanders. Pacers really regret the Lawson trade, Rondo would be perfect, and they're exactly the kind of contending team that should trade the future for the present. Unlike the Knicks, they're close enough.

Agreed. Let Bird call up Danny Ainge now while Danny is hot into destruction. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu