New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I have been suffering the Parade, the tee-shirts, the local news broadcast and the Heat pennants ... :( .. I hate San Antonio, they should have won that thing ... :(

Oh boy. I have not stared or looked at any of those celebration pic, from the end of the final buzzer of the season till now and I hope those news go away quick. I just cannot stand any, ANY sight of any Heat related news or pic. And my dislike for Ray Allen increased even more. And I'm sure next season there will be more reasons to hate the Heat. Had I been living in Miami, I would have flown out for 1 week to cool myself off. But, I'll never live in Miami to start with. :D

Grizzlies promote Dave Joerger to head coach

What a dumb franchise. Not about hiring Joerger but about letting Hollins go. The dump their leading scorer halfway thru the season against his wishes and still go to the conference finals.

Interesting article about the Celtics, Clippers, Doc Rivers and Chris Paul from Grantland.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/66466/six-degrees-of-the-doc-rivers-trade

Very nice read. While this 'coaches cannot be traded' thing keeps ringing in my ears, I can't help but wonder what do you call coaches being dealt to a specific team (release of contract) and THEN getting a draft pick in return? By semantics, they can call it compensation but if you call it trade, that is what usually happens too - I give you a coach (instead of a player) and you give me a draft pick (player). Apparently Stern is fine with that. Is that all because that rule was broken in the Riley deal with Miami? Stern should ok a KG-Jordan deal as well, so there will be a precedent again in this rule-breaking. It's his word. His power. And he showed that in vetoing the Chris Paul to Lakers deal not too long ago - claiming it's lopsided in favor of the Lakers. No wonder people will post his face beside King James as a dynamic duo. :D

what do you call coaches being dealt to a specific team (release of contract) and THEN getting a draft pick in

coaches being traded -- agreed.

Doc's press conference is in LA tomorrow morning. In addition to being the head coach, he will also be Senior VP of Basketball Operations and have control of player decisions, too.

Doc's press conference is in LA tomorrow morning. In addition to being the head coach, he will also be Senior VP of Basketball Operations and have control of player decisions, too.

Doc has leveled up. Good for him. I heard he could be bringing his assistant and former Laker guard Tyronn Lue (the Allen Iverson buster) :D with him to LA - the Clippers, that is. :)

Did You Know portion... :)

While browsing through the list of 1997 draft picks starting with Duncan at No. 1, I was curious to see if I can find any big names in that draft. Not much, But I stumbled into an interesting name, picked at No. 17 on the second round - God Shammgod. He played for the Wizards for 1 year and then went to China. I was thinking to myself, it's a good thing you-know-who wasn't named that way. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod

Did You Know portion... :)

While browsing through the list of 1997 draft picks starting with Duncan at No. 1, I was curious to see if I can find any big names in that draft. Not much, But I stumbled into an interesting name, picked at No. 17 on the second round - God Shammgod. He played for the Wizards for 1 year and then went to China. I was thinking to myself, it's a good thing you-know-who wasn't named that way. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod

St. Johns has a player named God'sgift Achiuwa.

Pat Riley Walks Through That Door...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ght-tape-session-three-bottles-162622217.html

Rick Pitino's famous or infamous pep talk 'Larry Bird is not walking through that door' cannot just be repeated in these times. As Pat Riley literally walked through that (hotel) door. :D

Riley knew his staff needed a jolt following a frustrating Game 3 loss, and according to Spoelstra, he provided it in spades during one late-night hotel room visit. Along with some tannins, sulfites, and wispy aromatic notes. From the Sun-Sentinel:

Only Monday could the Heat coach can smile when recounting the scene after that 113-77 loss — one of the biggest blowouts in NBA Finals history.

"I was despondent," he said. "I was beside myself."

So he went back to his hotel suite to break down some game film. Video coordinator Dan Craig was there too. About 20 minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

There stood Heat president Pat Riley with three bottles of wine and an offering of help.

"So we gave him a laptop and he helped us break down film in a role reversal from 2006," said Spoelstra, a Heat assistant coach under Riley back then. "It was one of the most special moments in my professional career."

Ainge looked quite somber and dejected at the press con, understandable so. It's rare to see a GM and head coach have such a close working relationship and in the early days of the Big 3 era, I saw Ainge with Doc a lot on the practice facility and talking about their player and watching the work outs. For Ainge to give Doc the highest paying coaching job 2 years ago shows the respect he has for Doc. And Doc is still reaping this fruit as he moves on to LA. My only ray of light here is that Indiana moved on from Rick Carlisle and found Frank Vogel, not a household word in the coaching circles, but the guy has performed so well and now makes a name for himself. Same with Chicago in landing Doc's former assistant Tom Thibodeau after firing Del Negro, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone see the sign the Lakers put up On Staples center asking D12 to stay

Steve, I'm just thinking even if Dwight signs a 5 year max contract with the Lakers, how can his performance drastically change from last season, wherein he claims he doesn't fit in the system of D'Antoni? And those new items of intrigues with Kobe...just like those Shaq days of old with Kobe. Will Dwight ever match the emotional fire of leading the Lakers to the top in the mold of a Tim Duncan who was so mad at himself for missing a tip in that he slammed his hand on the floor? Such is the commitment we want to see from Dwight, and not just toying around and letting the minutes tick down and leave for the bus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu