New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Looks like the Clippers did some pretty good negotiating, too. One draft pick and a 3 year deal for Doc. Perhaps Ainge overplayed his hand.

I think it shows some good rapport between Ainge and Doc. Almost 10 years together and they have become good good friends and I have to commend Ainge for doing what makes Doc happy despite leaving him and his team, that after seeing Doc renege on his initial deal of 5 years to stay and even rebuild the C's. I think Doc wants to feel a title in his hands again after being so close a couple of years ago. I have no problem rooting for him though. He spoke his mind to Ainge and he got a fair shake to be let loose.

This is not surprising. The guy had coached in Phoenix before. He can be like McHale. Former execs turned coach. Do they get paid twice?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/23/4457566/danny-ainge-doc-rivers-celtics-coach

Latest News
Today's NBA news
NBA

Danny Ainge could replace Doc Rivers as Boston Celtics coach, according to report

By Drew Garrison on Jun 23 2013, 7:40p ? @DrewGarrisonSBN 2

The Celtics have agreed to a deal to send Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, and could replace him with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge.

This is not surprising. The guy had coached in Phoenix before. He can be like McHale. Former execs turned coach. Do they get paid twice?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/23/4457566/danny-ainge-doc-rivers-celtics-coach

Latest News
Today's NBA news
NBA

Danny Ainge could replace Doc Rivers as Boston Celtics coach, according to report

By Drew Garrison on Jun 23 2013, 7:40p ? @DrewGarrisonSBN 2

The Celtics have agreed to a deal to send Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, and could replace him with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge.

this would not be good for Ainge's legacy

Come to think of it, I am now reminded of ML Carr, former Celtic turned GM turned coach, the total destroyer of a Celtic era. I hope Ainge doesn't fall too deep like him.

Ainge was on the brink of being canned before he finally engineered that trio. Wasn't that disastrous stint with Pitino under his realm? When Pitino promised they'd land Tim Duncan and resurrect the empire?

Ainge was on the brink of being canned before he finally engineered that trio. Wasn't that disastrous stint with Pitino under his realm? When Pitino promised they'd land Tim Duncan and resurrect the empire?

If I recall correctly, Pitino was not under Ainge. Pitino was President and coach when he was at the helm. And on the 1997 draft, Pitino, with 2 of 7 lottery picks, claimed he would win the title soon, ASSUMING he landed Duncan. But his luck only gave him 3rd and 6th, which he used to get Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer. He then shipped almost immediately Billups for Kenny Anderson, earning the ire of his wife that night. :D Pitino was finally let go in 2003 to be succeeded by Ainge, who also could not do much better till the end of 2006 when Pierce asked to be traded after a horrible season. The next year in came KG and they won a title. All I can say is, nobody can lay claim to a greater Celtics dark ages than ML Carr, who somehow wow'ed the owners to land him the top executive job in Beantown.

If I recall correctly, Pitino was not under Ainge. Pitino was President and coach when he was at the helm. And on the 1997 draft, Pitino, with 2 of 7 lottery picks, claimed he would win the title soon, ASSUMING he landed Duncan. But his luck only gave him 3rd and 6th, which he used to get Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer. He then shipped almost immediately Billups for Kenny Anderson, earning the ire of his wife that night. :D Pitino was finally let go in 2003 to be succeeded by Ainge, who also could not do much better till the end of 2006 when Pierce asked to be traded after a horrible season. The next year in came KG and they won a title. All I can say is, nobody can lay claim to a greater Celtics dark ages than ML Carr, who somehow wow'ed the owners to land him the top executive job in Beantown.

Yes that's right. And that saved Ainge who was on the brink of being canned himself.

Yes that's right. And that saved Ainge who was on the brink of being canned himself.

At this point, he might be canned as well if he does not come out with some strong moves. Hiring some good free agents will help him, though in fairness, the C's quick exit was also due to injuries coming in and out of the season. i'm thinking Larry Bird but Jack's Pacers has the right of first refusal, and Bird did say no once to be sitting on top of Pitino, hence Pitino himself got the top job aside from the coaching job.

One reason by Boston Celtics is trending on Yahoo. :D

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/shaughnessy-rondo-big-part-why-doc-wanted-out

Shaughnessy: Rondo is a big part of why Doc wanted out

A look back at Doc Rivers' tenure in Boston

"I'm a Celtic," Doc Rivers said from the press conference podium after the Celtics were eliminated from the playoffs in 2012.

Uh, about that, Doc.

Rivers is, pending likely league approval, a Clipper, now that the long-talked-about-deal with the Celtics has gone through.

Boston Globe columnists Dan Shaughnessy and Bob Ryan joined "Sports Sunday" to share their thoughts on the Rivers deal.

Shaughnessy's take: "I thought [Rajon] Rondo was a big part of it [Rivers' departure]," he said.

Clippers got real lucky in landing Doc. Denver also was interested and offered a 1st round pick but it didn't get through. LAC should be going up next season.

Clippers got real lucky in landing Doc. Denver also was interested and offered a 1st round pick but it didn't get through. LAC should be going up next season.

I agree with you and I hope Doc brings good fortune to the Clippers. The Clippers have been moving in the right direction for the past few years and hiring a first rate coach is an indicator of more good things to come.

1043875_570773336297432_16057572_n.jpg

Good one.

And I heard that the smaller of the Heat duo's 'unlimited' contract is expiring very soon. He'll be replaced by a taller protege though for more 'height advantage'. Together, they'll be 'traveling' very far indeed. :D

Brian Shaw deserved a shot - glad he got the Denver job. He will have some great talent to work with there, too.

I heard Antoine Walker, ex-Celtic and ex-Heat (ring holder) is applying for the Celtics coaching job. He was traded instantly when Ainge took the helm in 2003. And somehow, Ainge took him in again to join the C's. With him, Vinnie, and Ainge, we have to choose the best of the 3 evils, and it's anyone's guess. :D

I have been suffering the Parade, the tee-shirts, the local news broadcast and the Heat pennants ... :( .. I hate San Antonio, they should have won that thing ... :(
Glad for Shaw, let's see what he is truly made of. Let's see him take this good talent base to the next level .. Now what with Lionel Hollins? shouldn't he have been hired already?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu