New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

What a game going on, Blazers at Pacers. OT. Indy up 5 with 18secs to go. Big guns blazing all over. Could be a Finals matchup.

Lakers on a huge 2 game win streak

My C's equally has a bigger 3 game win streak by tonight, Steve. ;) But I'm not that much thrilled, we had a 4 game win streak early on already. :D Problem is, my C's gotta go low for the 4th pick, and this ain't helping. :D

Wonder what is keeping Bynum from playing his first game as a Pacer. He was in street clothes. In the bench. Is Bird trying to make him hungry? :D

Wonder what is keeping Bynum from playing his first game as a Pacer. He was in street clothes. In the bench. Is Bird trying to make him hungry? :D

To answer my own question...The last lines below are a bit bothersome.

Bynum finally joins Pacers in Indiana

Posted Feb 7, 2014 7:40 PM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Andrew Bynum joined the Indiana Pacers for the first time since signing a week ago.

Bynum participated in the team's shootaround at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Friday morning as the Pacers prepared for their game against Portland on Friday night.

A snowstorm kept the 7-foot center from landing in Indianapolis sooner, and Pacers coach Frank Vogel expects to take "a few weeks" to get Bynum ready to play in a game.

"We'll come back from the All-Star break and see how practices go over the next week or two after that before we decide if he's ready," Vogel said. "We want to make sure he's comfortable."

Bynum played in 24 games this season with the Cleveland Cavaliers before being suspended indefinitely by the team in December.

"It's a winning atmosphere," Bynum said. "Obviously, when they have the staff that they have here and the legend Larry Bird, things run correctly. It's a lot easier to fit in here and be positive when the atmosphere is already that way."

He hasn't done much since leaving the Cavs.

"Just relaxing at home and that's it," he said.

When asked if he kept a workout routine during his time off, Bynum said, "not really."

That will make it harder to get back into game shape.

Still a bum.

Report: Metta World Peace open to being traded by Knicks

Brett Pollakoff-Pro Basketball Talk

Metta World Peace hasn’t exactly been a factor for the Knicks this season, and has spent most of the year either underperforming, injured, or just plain benched.

Without any consistent playing time, and with delusions that he can perhaps still play significant minutes while actually helping a team’s cause rather than hurting it, it’s not surprising that he may be open to a trade that would allow him to have that opportunity somewhere else.

From Marc Berman of the New York Post:

Metta World Peace is in Knicks coach Mike Woodson’s doghouse and he’s unsure why. After returning from a blood-spinning procedure on Jan. 24, World Peace has seen little time in the rotation and now is open to getting traded, according to a league source. …

“He didn’t sign up for this,’’ one person close to him said.

When asked about whether he wanted to get dealt at the Feb. 20 deadline, World Peace said: “That’s up to my agent. I don’t worry about it. I’m optimistic about my future. … I’m not going to complain.’’

A couple of other interesting tidbits are included in the report, including Metta’s agent saying he hasn’t been given a reason for the lack of playing time, along with a note about a possible incident with head coach Mike Woodson at a recent practice.

World Peace played less than six garbage time minutes late in Friday’s blowout win over the Nuggets, yet registered three turnovers. (One of those came on a bizarre steal attempt from Quincy Miller on the game’s final play as World Peace was dribbling out the clock — but still). After the game, he tweeted out highlights from an early November performance, pointing to that as proof that he “hasn’t lost it.”

The Knicks would love to get anything in return for a player who they feel doesn’t fit their plans, or simply can’t contribute. It’s nice that World Peace is open to being dealt, but it’s really a meaningless sentiment, because New York would love to trade him regardless — there just won’t be any takers.

Lowly Utah beats the Heat. I want to watch the game 2 times! :D

The plight of the LAL has been made worse by injuries. From last year when they had D12, Kobe, Pau and Nash, nobody would have guessed that the team would morph into what it is today. I can now understand fully why Ainge traded KG and Pierce for future young pieces. They would be moving laterally if he did not, and the young players like Sullinger and Olynyk not develop. Kobe is stuck with LA (or vice versa) in his twilight much like Bird and McHale were in their waning years in Boston, the idea of trading these names was unthinkable, and is, for Kobe. Ainge got himself off the hook. Mitch has a hard job ahead. And I don't think LA would lose to the Sparks, they beat Cleveland with 4 guys and a fouled out player. :D

Last edited:
Is Joe Dumars the absolute worst Pres/GM in the NBA???? 8 coaches since 2000????? Makes Knicks fans feel good.

Is Joe Dumars the absolute worst Pres/GM in the NBA???? 8 coaches since 2000????? Makes Knicks fans feel good.

Would they rather have Isaiah? :D

Dumars just fired Cheeks. And to think the Phil Jackson 'helped' Dumars in selecting Cheeks before the season.

I just loved watching them against the Knicks in the 90s. I was a big Chris Mullins fan too so when he went over and played with Reggie, that was that. Then they just crashed down with that Meta World Peace fiasco and there really wasn't much to cheer for. Last year however, BOY was I a happy guy. I hope I'll be even happier this one!

Those were great teams. Will never forget the game when Reggie got the few threes in the final seconds. Was out to dinner with some family at the TriBeCa Grill in NYC -- saw the fourth quarter w/my 8yo nephew in the kitchen with the staff, became like 20 people huddled around little 20" set. We cleared some space when Deniro (one of the owners) walked in.

Would they rather have Isaiah? :D

Dumars just fired Cheeks. And to think the Phil Jackson 'helped' Dumars in selecting Cheeks before the season.

The Pistons should be better with their frontline. But Jennings and Josh Smith (50+ mil???) shoot way too much. It's an immature team like the Cavs and though it's hard not to Mo Cheeks, seems like guys like him and Mike Brown don't get control of their players.

Posted February 10, 2014
LeBron James reminds fans what Dunk Contest is missing with post-practice show
2014 All-Star Weekend, Ben Golliver, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Miami Heat
By Ben Golliver

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/10/lebron-james-dunk-contest-heat-practice-video/

Well, with such 'basic' dunks given his physique, he should be afraid the judges might give him a 5. :D And he would have the deer/headlight syndrome once again. So why bother? :D He doesn't stand a chance against Gerald Green's past 'blindfold dunk' to win the cup. :D

Great game between the Blazers and the Clippers. Back and forth all night.

Clippers pulled out a narrow victory 122-117.

Lawler's Law (first team to 100 will win the game) was broken as Portland hit the century mark first.

Great game between the Blazers and the Clippers. Back and forth all night.

Clippers pulled out a narrow victory 122-117.

Lawler's Law (first team to 100 will win the game) was broken as Portland hit the century mark first.

Yeah, great game. I like the way Blake is playing these past few weeks. 30+ points consecutively. That's the way the Clippers can attain success in the end. Have a BIG and strong bread and butter player who can pound his way through. :D Now, carry on with refining the D and they would be really good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu