New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Big Baby has to be better than Mullins and Hollins. He doesn't need to be a star - just rebound, play solid defense and score a few points.

Clippers are in New Orleans tomorrow so hope to see him play in that game.

Yes, he needs to be like what PJ Brown was to the C's in the title year. PJ comes in and immediately contributes, grab loose balls, offensive rebounds, make follow up shots, steal the ball, defend the paint, that's what Baby should be like. He's not a bad player. Just needs to get his head in the game, and speaking of head, I just recall, he hit his best friend inside his car because his bf was bothering his girlfriend. Davis then needed surgery for his broken thumb and missed 6 weeks in that NBA season.

That doesn't sound encouraging. He had another issue, too, when he damaged a computer in a hotel lobby. Hope Doc can help him learn to exericse some self-control!

On the other hand, perhaps he and Matt Barnes can team up to protect Griffin and Paul from cheap shots from the likes of Serge Ibaka and DeMarcus Cousins. :D

The slump is broken, Jack. :) Win over the Bucks. And Turner has yet to see action. He can create his shots, drives the lane like a big water bug and was a starter at 3 for the Sixers. Didn't realize till now that he was the no. 2 pick overall in the 2010 draft, next to John Wall. And when is Bum-num's therapy with Bird gonna end? :D Looks like the Legend got his work cut out for him with this big guy. :D

Does beating the Bucks count? LOL!

Does beating the Bucks count? LOL!

better than being beaten by the lowly bucks. lol. if that happened bird would have to personally wake and mentally shake up Bynum. lol

What's with the sleeved uniform? Been puzzled by some teams never wear them and some teams wear them a lot. Wonder if this is Stern's rule for promoting some shirts or what.

Clippers beat the Pelicans tonight in New Orleans. Anthony Davis is going to be great power forward for New Orleans, plays well now and its only his second year in the league. Austin Rivers had 10 points for the Pelicans and was given a chance to play when Doc was in town.

LAC play the Rockets in LA on Wednesday - should be a good game. Always look forward to beating Dwight Howard.

Big Baby didn't play for the Clips tonight as he hadn't taken his physical yet. Should be available for the Rockets game. That's 6 more fouls to use on Howard. ;)

Big Baby didn't play for the Clips tonight as he hadn't taken his physical yet. Should be available for the Rockets game. That's 6 more fouls to use on Howard. ;)

Big Baby was a favorite of me and my son during the C's title year. Despite his mini refrigerator body frame, he actually can run, dribble, and shoot, let alone bang big bodies and grab rebounds. Upon contract extension, he suddenly couldn't jump and couldn't run too much, let alone score. It was easy to block his shots as he couldn't elevate much. So ship to Orlando. I hardly see him on highlights by that time. :D He's still relatively young, all he's got to do is re-focus. Doc is taking a 2nd chance on him. Was waiting to see him play tonight. And speaking of recent signings, Jason Collins got signed a couple of days ago and immediately played for the Nets after many months of hibernation. He must really be in shape to do that. Even Evan Turner hasn't played for Indy, and he's coming from a starter's position in Philly.

Big Baby was a favorite of me and my son during the C's title year. Despite his mini refrigerator body frame, he actually can run, dribble, and shoot, let alone bang big bodies and grab rebounds. Upon contract extension, he suddenly couldn't jump and couldn't run too much, let alone score. It was easy to block his shots as he couldn't elevate much. So ship to Orlando. I hardly see him on highlights by that time. :D He's still relatively young, all he's got to do is re-focus. Doc is taking a 2nd chance on him. Was waiting to see him play tonight. And speaking of recent signings, Jason Collins got signed a couple of days ago and immediately played for the Nets after many months of hibernation. He must really be in shape to do that. Even Evan Turner hasn't played for Indy, and he's coming from a starter's position in Philly.

Let's hope he finds some renewed energy with the Clippers and Doc. I appreciate your very tactful way of telling not to get my hopes up too high. :)

I never thought I would see the day.........

Lakers have the worst record in the Western Conference and 5th worst in the league. Basketball just hasn't been the same this year for me

Yea, it has to be tough to go through a bad season with a team that is a perennial powerhouse. Especially so when there is no clear path evident to rebuild the team in the short term. The Lakers have had down years before and always came back. The Lakers and Celtics are anchor franchises in the NBA so I wouldn't expect them to be down for too long.

I never thought I would see the day.........

Lakers have the worst record in the Western Conference and 5th worst in the league. Basketball just hasn't been the same this year for me

Tell me about it Steve. I've lived through the ML Carr/Rick Pitino manhandling of the Celtics not too long ago so I know the feeling. I'm just trying to get past this stage and hope for better players to come. In the meantime, I just root for ANY team to stop a potential 3 peat.

The Lakers have had down years before and always came back. The Lakers and Celtics are anchor franchises in the NBA so I wouldn't expect them to be down for too long.

The question now is who will do it faster. LAL got Kareem in the mid 70s but it took years for a Magic to arrive for a title. Then came Kobe, and it took a couple of years for Shaq to come and dominate the league. It took 22 years for the C's to get back on top in 2008 after giving up 7 players for one Kevin Garnett. Lightning could strike twice if Ainge sends 8 players to Minnesota for Kevin Love next year. (We've got a hoard of draft picks) :)

The question now is who will do it faster. LAL got Kareem in the mid 70s but it took years for a Magic to arrive for a title. Then came Kobe, and it took a couple of years for Shaq to come and dominate the league. It took 22 years for the C's to get back on top in 2008 after giving up 7 players for one Kevin Garnett. Lightning could strike twice if Ainge sends 8 players to Minnesota for Kevin Love next year. (We've got a hoard of draft picks) :)

Qe're hoping Kevin Love is coming to the Lakers

Knicks are officially in the toilet. They'd have to win 17 or their last 25 to get to 38 and have any chance of making the playoffs. And that ain't happening

And they don't even own their own draft pick.

I get some consolation from the fact the my C's are not over the cap. The Nets though may be able to sneak in 8th spot, with a payroll of nearly $200m. They could have bought Big Baby or just about anybody in the free market.

Clippers beat the Rockets last night at Staples. They are 3-0 vs Houston this year.

Bad news is that Jamal Crawford hurt his calf last night - no word yet on the severity of the injury. With JJ Reddick already down the Clippers really need Jamal.

Big Baby made his Clippers debut last night and looked pretty good - not a superstar but much better than Ryan Hollins. He took too many mid-range jumpers and looked a little awkward but it was his first time on the court for the Clippers.

Dwight Howard was booed at the Clippers game - apparently no one in LA likes him, not even Clipper fans.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu