New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The only silver lining I would like to see is for microBuss to get to his sense and just enjoy being the son of a rich person and leave the Basketball running to those who know how to run such an operation. With microBuss at the helm, the Lakers are looking more and more like the Dallas Cowboys (huge salaries and nothing to show for it). Baring a blockbuster deals the likes Mitch Kupchak is usually capable of when unhindered by owner playing ultra-GM, the Lakers will remain at the bottom for a few more eyars until they get enough draft picks to built a real team. And of course a decent real coach who understand that defense is necessary to win in any big leagues be it basketball, football ...Cricket, you name it, Defense wins championships..

The only silver lining I would like to see is for microBuss to get to his sense and just enjoy being the son of a rich person and leave the Basketball running to those who know how to run such an operation. With microBuss at the helm, the Lakers are looking more and more like the Dallas Cowboys (huge salaries and nothing to show for it). Baring a blockbuster deals the likes Mitch Kupchak is usually capable of when unhindered by owner playing ultra-GM, the Lakers will remain at the bottom for a few more eyars until they get enough draft picks to built a real team. And of course a decent real coach who understand that defense is necessary to win in any big leagues be it basketball, football ...Cricket, you name it, Defense wins championships..

Agreed but I read today that it was Jerry Buss who nixed the hiring of Phil

strong win by the spurs over the heat. spurs still have the spunk, the toughness and the talent.

A team impersonating the Lakers showed up at Staples Center last night and lost to the Clippers by 48 points.

I went through a similar process with the Clippers in the 2007 - 2008 season. That was the last year I kept my season tickets. They played uninspired basketball "led" by Baron Davis and won only 23 games after Elton Brand bailed and went to the 76ers . Zach Randolph played for the Clippers that year and he, along with Marcus Camby, were the only players to give consistent effort.

Still went to some games after that but bought tickets on the secondary market.

I'd like to see Phil Jackson back in the NBA. Don't know if the Knicks are the right situation for him given how bad it is there - front office and the team.

That would be a great challenge for Phil Jackson. And he would be following the footsteps of Pat Riley who turned around a NY team from a 39 win team to 51 wins in his first year with Ewing, Starks, et al. Next year he won 61 games and the Atlantic title. But, Jackson already turned down a coaching job, acc to this report:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-phil-jackson-ready-back-051914271--nba.html

If he does come back, it would be in the front office where he has absolutely no experience. And it would be interesting to see how he fares in that position.

My Pacers on 3 game skid. Last two really bad blow outs at that. Let's go boys! You can do it!

Dolan didn't own the Knicks when Riley was there.

On the other hand the Clippers have overcome Donald Sterling in recent years so there's hope. :)

It was a long and choppy process with Sterling, starting when he hired Mike Dunleavy to coach the team in 2003.

Ironically, Mike Dunleavy followed Pat Riley as coach of the Lakers when Riley went to New York.

My Pacers on 3 game skid. Last two really bad blow outs at that. Let's go boys! You can do it!

Yeah, time to shake the cobwebs and shift back to the winning gear, Jack. Bring in the BUCKS!!! LOL

They must be adjusting to the addition of Evan Turner, who deservedly is getting more playing time than Granger before but that will eat up some starters' time and rhythm. But that should be easily taken cared of. And oh, they have not unleashed Bum-num yet. :D

Back to the Knicks, just refreshed my memory of the infamous Isiah Thomas 'led' team of 2006-2007 from pictures of my visit in 2007 to MSG. Jamaal Crawford, Steve Francis, Channing Frye, Marbury, David, Lee, Eddy Curry and Nate Robinson, who was not yet shooting at opponents' basket back then. :D They won only 33 games that season, followed it up with an even worse 23 wins next season, and in came D'Antoni to go back to 32 wins, and he had Zach Randolf and Gallinari then.

8.jpg

The Lakers knocked of the Thunder today 114-110. That was unexpected.

Thanks, Lakers. Helps the Clippers as they are now only 2 1/2 games behind the Thunder and 3 games behind the Spurs in the Western Conference.

Clippers won last night vs Atlanta but were fortunate to win by a single point after playing a very poor 4th quarter.

Houston on the other hand has been on a tear since after the All Star break. Uh oh.

Houston on the other hand has been on a tear since after the All Star break. Uh oh.

Rockets have a 'tradition' of winning. They're a dark horse in the Western Con, imo. It would be ironic if McHale leads them to the Finals. McHale played against the Rockets in the '81 and '86 Finals.

Bulls beat the Heat in a thrilling OT game. Bulls have a great fighting heart. While I don't like the seemingly exaggerated antics of Noah, he is the heart of the team now.

I thought the Bulls were done when Rose went down and they traded Luol Deng. They still play well.

Their players have heart and a lot of credit must go to Tom Thibodeau. He is a great coach.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu