New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Well I truly believe and consider till now that Kareem's 'skyhook' was THE money shot - clutch shot when you needed it most, but Curry's weaving and behind the back dribbling and then launching a 3 with a taller defender in front of him is now my own definition of the money shot. Curry feels it, and he feels and knows it's going to to swish the net, much like Kareem's skyhook would be - automatic 2 points. Times have really changed. The money shot is now a THREE. :D

LeBron: Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award

TOM WITHERS
Associated Press

The King needs to get off his throne as his comment smacks of sour grapes.....

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — LeBron James won't debate whether Golden State's Stephen Curry should be the NBA's MVP this season. That's an indisputable slam dunk.
However, James might argue about the award's meaning.
One day after Curry was voted the first unanimous winner in 61 years, James, who finished third behind Curry and San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard, said the honor can be interpreted in different ways.
"I think sometimes the word 'valuable' or best player of the year, you can have different results," said James, a four-time MVP. "You know, that's not taking anything from anyone that's ever won the award."'
Curry is the 11th player in league history to be voted MVP in consecutive seasons and first since James in 2012 and 2013. The Warriors' backcourt wizard is also the first guard to do it since Phoenix's Steve Nash in 2005 and 2006.
James, who averaged 25.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 6.8 assists during the regular season, was awed by Curry's shooting prowess.
"Look at Steph's numbers," he said. "He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40 (shooting percentages from the free-throw line, field and 3-pointers), and they won 73 (games). So, I don't, do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award? But when you talk about most 'valuable' then you can have a different conversation, so, take nothing away from him, he's definitely deserving of that award, for sure."
Coincidentally, James and Curry are both from Akron, Ohio, born in the same hospital 39 months apart.

Well I truly believe and consider till now that Kareem's 'skyhook' was THE money shot - clutch shot when you needed it most, but Curry's weaving and behind the back dribbling and then launching a 3 with a taller defender in front of him is now my own definition of the money shot. Curry feels it, and he feels and knows it's going to to swish the net, much like Kareem's skyhook would be - automatic 2 points. Times have really changed. The money shot is now a THREE. :D

Kareem played in the NBA from 1969-1989. For the first half of his playing career there was no 3 point shot.

After it's introduction, He was 1-for-18 from behind the arc in his career.

LeBron: Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award

TOM WITHERS
Associated Press

The King needs to get off hid throne as his comment smacks of sour grapes.....

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — LeBron James won't debate whether Golden State's Stephen Curry should be the NBA's MVP this season. That's an indisputable slam dunk.
However, James might argue about the award's meaning.
One day after Curry was voted the first unanimous winner in 61 years, James, who finished third behind Curry and San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard, said the honor can be interpreted in different ways.
"I think sometimes the word 'valuable' or best player of the year, you can have different results," said James, a four-time MVP. "You know, that's not taking anything from anyone that's ever won the award."'
Curry is the 11th player in league history to be voted MVP in consecutive seasons and first since James in 2012 and 2013. The Warriors' backcourt wizard is also the first guard to do it since Phoenix's Steve Nash in 2005 and 2006.
James, who averaged 25.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 6.8 assists during the regular season, was awed by Curry's shooting prowess.
"Look at Steph's numbers," he said. "He averaged 30, he led the league in steals, he was 90-50-40 (shooting percentages from the free-throw line, field and 3-pointers), and they won 73 (games). So, I don't, do you have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award? But when you talk about most 'valuable' then you can have a different conversation, so, take nothing away from him, he's definitely deserving of that award, for sure."
Coincidentally, James and Curry are both from Akron, Ohio, born in the same hospital 39 months apart.

I can't think of any player then and now who has the kind of dazzling dribbling skills AND incredible shooting like Curry. Truly one of a kind. And when he wants to shoot, he finds his own opening and slithers through the defender, yet another standout skill. He makes the catch and shoot guys ordinary. A couple more titles and the so-called King will be shoved down the list. :D

The Cavs look scary this playoff. If they end up in the Finals again I'd think it will be a war.

Thunder vs Warriors. Disappointing season ender of the Spurs. Duncan may have played his last. Thunder very explosive, will be a great to watch them against the Warriors.

Before the Spurs - OKC series started I was certain the Spurs would win. Wrong.

If OKC keeps playing well they could give the Warriors a run for their money. Should be fun watch.

NBA draft lottery tomorrow. Lakers need to hit one the top 3 lottery selections or they give up the choice to the 76ers.

Lets see if good fortune returns to the Lakers - or if the Jimmy Buss curse continues.

With Luke Walton coaching and D'Angelo Russell on the team, harder for me to root against the Lakers.

I fully expect the Lakers to retain their top 3 selection. Good for the NBA when the Lakers are a good team.

NBA draft lottery tomorrow. Lakers need to hit one the top 3 lottery selections or they give up the choice to the 76ers.

Lets see if good fortune returns to the Lakers - or if the Jimmy Buss curse continues.

Yes. Tomorrow is an exciting day, C's has 15% chance of landing the 1st or 2nd. But what I can't understand is why they can even go as low as 5th. I thought only the last 3 will be in the lottery and guaranteed at 3rd pick.

Ainge can trade his 3rd to Philly and 16th plus another owed to then by Dallas in the first round AND 3 second rounders for the No. 1. :D

Hard to keep track of all the Celtics draft picks.

Danny should make a move. Read yesterday that selection quality drops off quickly this year after the anticipated first two picks, Simmons (LSU) and Ingram (Duke).

Hard to keep track of all the Celtics draft picks.

Danny should make a move. Read yesterday that selection quality drops off quickly this year after the anticipated first two picks, Simmons (LSU) and Ingram (Duke).

I believe C's have the 3rd, it's own pick somewhere near the 20th, Dallas' which is around the 16th (for Rondo), and 2 or 3 second rounders. As it is, C's 2 picks from last year have not been used much, and they will have about 20 players in the roster if Ainge doesn't start burning the midnight oil and get a superstar FA. At first, lots of buzz was to get Durant, BUT if OKC gets to the Finals and wins a title, goodbye FA Durant and hello multiple year Thunder contract.

Yes, the top 2 are quite cemented, so that leaves Boston with a big from Croatia named Dragan Bender. Historically, Boston has not done well with Euro stars though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu