New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Very happy to see the Warriors win again. I missed most of the game but will check out the replay later. Nice to them celebrate at home.

Congrats warriors!
Westbrook, Russell to Cavs?

I'm sure there will be lots of memes and wild rumors about trades or player movements as the season has ended. But I wouldn't trade Kyrie for Westbrook. :)

Watching the highlights, it was the bench contribution that did the Cavs in, 39-7. Gotta hand it to Kerr for trusting a rookie named McCaw who made 6 points in a critical stretch. Former Finals MVP Igoudala was another key in Game 5, pouring in 20 points. While I am happy for the Warriors' title hunt, reality check tells me that what would happen to all the rebuilding teams or what my Celtics could still do to be better, there is no more Kevin Durant type out there to hire. :D

And by the way, I'm happy for Mike Brown, he gets a ring, and a paycheck from the Cavs to boot. :D

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be lots of memes and wild rumors about trades or player movements as the season has ended. But I wouldn't trade Kyrie for Westbrook. :)

Watching the highlights, it was the bench contribution that did the Cavs in, 39-7. Gotta hand it to Kerr for trusting a rookie named McCaw who made 6 points in a critical stretch. Former Finals MVP Iguodala was another key in Game 5, pouring in 20 points. While I am happy for the Warriors' title hunt, reality check tells me that what would happen to all the rebuilding teams or what my Celtics could still do to be better, there is no more Kevin Durant type out there to hire. :D

And by the way, I'm happy for Mike Brown, he gets a ring, and a paycheck from the Cavs to boot. :D

The best player I have seen so far is MJ, my favorite player is Magic but the second best player ever is Lebron.. And I hate him :)... Man! Oh Man the man makes Great routine. Came a point he just went to score and no one could or wanted to stop him. I still think they should call his travels and charge more often, he doesn't need any support to be the 2nd GOAT. LBJ performance in the past 3 years have been epic and people should just enjoy one of the greatest ever in his prime doing things no one has done before .. We must also realize that he is merely human and can't sustain the Superhero level for 48 minutes... The strategy thus become to let him wreck the game for 3 quarters then ... Meanwhile Kyrie Irving might be the best point guard in the game not named Russell Westbrook. I believe that the Warriors should have won the series last year ... they were the better team. With the addition of KD they are the best the NBA can assemble at this point ...

Curry redeemed himself with a performance that was overshadowed by KD and LBJ brilliance with averages of 26.8 points, 8.0 rebounds and 9.4 assists in the Finals in spite of a dismal Game 4 in which he only scored 14 points ( Only great players can score 14 points in a game and the "only" adverb/qualifier would be used). He was the difference IMO. Took better care of the ball.. Watching the game over, one can see that the Cavs defensive strategy was to make sure that he would have the fewest open looks possible even at the risk of other players opportunity for scores ... "Others" did not include KD for whom they had no answer. At least they could trap Curry and have him deliver the ball earlier ... Yet he still played well.

The dubs will go again to the Finals in 2018

How about Kevin Love for Westbrook?

GSW did not redeem itself. Last year's team does not exist anymore. They remain the only team to relinquish 3-1 leaf in the finals.

PS.- KD also has a 3-1 choke on his record.

I rarely criticize LeBron James.
He really needs to hire a PR firm
In his post game he appeared to throw the entire Cavs team and organization and team under the bus.

If you read between the lines perhaps LeBron does not have complete control of the Cavs.

Last edited:
GSW did not redeem itself. Last year's team does not exist anymore. They remain the only team to relinquish 3-1 leaf in the finals.

PS.- KD also has a 3-1 choke on his record.

Cut him some slack Greg. He played a great series. They deserved to win and he deserved to be MVP. I watched his post game interviews and he comes across as a truly humble and decent young man. An antithesis to everything LBJ is

I rarely criticize LeBron James.
He really needs to hire a PR firm
In his post game he appeared to throw the entire Cavs team and organization and team under the bus.

If you read between the lines perhaps LeBron does not have complete control of the Cavs.

These are the reasons that I cannot stand the man. As an athlete he is unequaled. Just ask him :)

Cut him some slack Greg. He played a great series. They deserved to win and he deserved to be MVP. I watched his post game interviews and he comes across as a truly humble and decent young man. An antithesis to everything LBJ is

Steve,
As a kid I walked the streets of Seat Pleasant, Md. In my day he would have gone to basketball powerhouse Dematha. This is the same area that produced Sugar Ray Leonard.
To make ir out of that area unscathed is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Steve,
As a kid I walked the streets of Seat Pleasant, Md. In my day he would have gone to basketball powerhouse Dematha. This is the same are that produced Sugar Ray Leonard.
To make out of that area unscathed is an accomplient in and of itself.

Both LBJ and KD grew up without a father but had a strong mother figure. It was touching to watch this young man whose dream since age 8 was to win an NBA championship but also the MVP how humbled he was that he was moved to tears. Then to see him worship his mother who in front of the world watching shows she still has complete control over him because of the love and respect he has for her.

Through the years, my admiration for Jerry West kept growing, for his basketball knowledge and 'feel' specially these past decades as GM and now 'Executive Director' of the Warriors. I found his comments on KD very insightful and how 'lucky' the Warriors have been through the draft and landing the 'biggest Christmas gift you'd ever have' in KD.

I watched that video. Very true. He is the "system" wherever he goes. He can't be coached because he knows better and goes to ownership and makes his demands.

As Frantz said you won't find a more gifted athlete. Just ask him

He always seems to be playing to the camera and the crowd and when he makes a great play his eyes are looking up to the screen to watch his replay.

I heard him in an interview talking about his legacy. Where did you ever hear Magic Bird or MJ talk about their legacy.e bias as well. Ever see a player take 5 steps to the hoop for a lay up or dunk and rarely be called for "steps"

The bigger problem is how much $$$$ the league makes as a result of him so they have bias

Then Cavs will have 3 ball-huggers. :D I wonder who gets to be their 'playmaker'. :D

First Sugar Ray is probably from Palmer Park. Seat Pleasant adjacent.
LeBron may be the best point guard (playmaker)in the NBA. Westbrook would be a three point shooter.

First Sugar Ray is probably from Palmer Park. Seat Pleasant adjacent.
LeBron may be the best point guard (playmaker)in the NBA. Westbrook would be a three point shooter.

IMO LBJ can play all 5 positions

Game in game out he already does.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu