New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Talk shows now abound with wild prognostications of what teams should do to beat the champions, specially on what the Cavs should or can do. Talk of Paul George going to Cleveland. Hmmm. I just don't know how the GMs will work that out. And wilder suggestions that the Celtics should deal the No. 1 pick this month for PG13. I somehow am not sold on that. I'd rather see the C's bag Gordon Hayward as a Free Agent. And maybe trade for Jimmy Butler for Smart and Olynyk. :D

Yes,yes, take Hayward and leave me PG13. PG is a better defender :D PG going to Cleveland would be my nightmare. PG to SA would make me wear Silver and Black.

Woj is the guy who gets the NBA inside scoop first.

Seems like its all but certain LBJ is going to the Clippers...unless I misread the article.:)

Woj is the guy who gets the NBA inside scoop first.

Seems like its all but certain LBJ is going to the Clippers...unless I misread the article.:)

Imo, the biggest advantage of the Clippers in landing James, if ever, would be due to Chris Paul, IF Paul doesn't move to San Antonio. If Paul is not with the Clippers, then the next choice would be the Lakers. And James could have a heyday with Lonzo Ball (if the Lakers pick him next week). To me Lonzo is a Steph Curry 'play-alike' and imagine James will have his own Curry. :D

Fantasy basketball is fun, while waiting for the next season. :D

Also, basketball eyes will be watching how much Steph Curry's new max deal with the Warriors will be worth. He is a free agent by this July though nobody expects him to leave the Bay Area. His old deal signed 4 years ago was for $11m-$12m a years for 4 years, which was very modest compared to lots of other 'star' players. Reports say that his new max deal could be worth $210m for 5 years, for a whopping $42m/year, and he doesn't have to be in those Rexona and Vivo phone commercials anymore. :D And by the way, my son chose a good one for his birthday gift from me yesterday - it was down to LeBron 14 or Curry 3 shoes. He liked the older LeBron shoes but they can't be found as NOS so finally he settled on the Curry 3 which was quite pretty I must say, and bonus is, he bought a current champion's shoes and not a traveling or traveler's shoes. :D :D

Hope your son enjoys his new Steph Curry shoes.

Big news from LA today is that the city of Inglewood and the LA Clippers are exploring building a new arena near the LA Rams new stadium.

Apparently Steve Ballmer agreed to name the arena the Lebron-CP3 Banana Boat Center should the two players agree to terms with the Clippers.

Big news from LA today is that the city of Inglewood and the LA Clippers are exploring building a new arena near the LA Rams new stadium.

Apparently Steve Ballmer agreed to name the arena the Lebron-CP3 Banana Boat Center should the two players agree to terms with the Clippers.

Thanks.

Good name for the arena. Maybe the ONLY name. :D

Ever see a player take 5 steps to the hoop for a lay up or dunk and rarely be called for "steps"

Suddenly, a theory came to me about why LeBron is rarely called for these multiple steps, Steve.

The guy is indeed a beast in terms of athleticism, so much so that when he runs and hops, he's like doing a long jump in the Olympics. :D In the long jump, the 'refs' are zeroing in on the number of steps you can hop before the final jump forward. But with James, while he's dashing and hopping forward, the refs are keeping their eyes on who is going to hack him, mostly in the arms, or body contact, that they can't concentrate on his feet and the number of steps he's taking. I remember when I was playing, you can only take one more step once who hold the ball with 2 hands. The second step on the floor means traveling by the rule book, and the distance you can cover in 1 step is really short. In James' career, he can hold the ball with both hands from the top of the key area (after a long run from the open court), and actually arrive to the hoop for a layup. I never saw Bill Bradley or John Havlicek do that - they were not long jumpers. :D

Ballmer is paying for the whole thing himself

I questioned him about how he planned to do this.

He had a two word response: Money Talks.

Well, the league has seen Money Talks I in Dan Gilbert splurging $35m in luxury tax on a payroll of $129m, with cap at $94m. So why can't any rich owner do that? That's like buying a championship and shoving the cap off the table. Paul Allen's Blazers was $26m over the cap for second place, and the what surprised me was that the Blazers paid a guy named Allen Crabbe whom I've never heard of, $18.5m last season, and the same same amount for the next 3 years. Evan Turner also ate up much of the team salary with a 4 yr contract last season worth $17.5m each year. So brace yourself for Money Talks - The Series. Maybe part 3 to 5. Part 3 should be Balmer's. :D

The problem with Melo is nobody knows what he is like under pressure. If you play the Knicks you can give him his thirty and still win.

The real move is Westbrook to Cleveland. That would be a real grudge match final. Westbrook is wasted in OKC.

BTW the reason KD did not go to DC was.that his presence alone is not enough to make any team a champ.
Could anyone but LeBron make cleveland a champ?

The real move is Westbrook to Cleveland. That would be a real grudge match final. Westbrook is wasted in OKC.

One for the drama books indeed. Perhaps the only play for a trade is with Love for Westbrook, I'm assuming their contracts are about the same.

BTW the reason KD did not go to DC was.that his presence alone is not enough to make any team a champ.
Could anyone but LeBron make cleveland a champ?

I think it's not just a one player thing. Prior to KD going to the Bay Area, the Warriors were already championship caliber. And that's a great accomplishment in team forming by the front office in building through draft picks and not by blockbuster trades or signings. If Cleveland was patient while LeBron was gone, or had LeBron not returned, they could have become championship caliber too with the likes of Irving, Deion Waiters, Wiggins, Tristan Thompson plus some cast, who knows. And it is the cast (bench) that made the Warriors this successful (16-1) this season, as their main stars get to rest in the 2nd and the 4th. LeBron was playing 45 minutes in some games and champion teams are not made to win like that. I agree that the reason KD didn't join the Wizards, or even the Celtics (despite the Tom Brady attending the meeting in the Hamptons, is that his presence is not enough to win a title in these teams, and it is so obvious that was the reason he left OKC as well.

Cleveland championship calibre w/o LBJ?

Cleveland championship calibre w/o LBJ?

Anything is possible. Maybe it will take years, as the Warriors in Mark Jackson's 3 years didn't have a LeBron or Durant but when Steve Kerr took over that same year Warriors won a title, who would have thought with the Spurs as defending champions then. It was said that the Warriors then had the deepest bench though I didn't see it then.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing