New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Big game tonight with Raptors vs Lakers. Lakers should be exhausted after last night's game in Portland and the Raptors in town, rested and waiting for them

Big game indeed. I hope the Raptors get 'rapped'. C's lost to them early on and Kawhi has an ax to grind and something to prove - to the Spurs mostly, but other teams are feeling his wrath as well, :)

it was strange waking upend seeing the Celtics in 4th place in the East

I have been quite impressed with a lot of teams this year including De nver, Toronto, Milwaukee and Indiana but the reality is that so far the Warriors not only look unstoppable but better still than previous years

My feelings too, Steve. Each time I see the Warriors play this season I feel like they are a cat toying with a mouse, letting it escape a bit then grabbing it to pounce on it in the end. So easy. More and more the addition of KD in that already super team gets to be glaringly the cause of imbalance. But once I tell myself that the most of the core of the Warriors were from their own draft selections before KD, I have to salute them for a job well done in that part of team building.

As for the Celtics, I feel this is the time the 'pain' of integrating Hayward comes in. He said so himself, his difficulty is not physical but mental. He has to remove all fears from doing his moves that he did in Utah. He gets 25-30 minutes which eats up the time previously given to Rozier, who is now a bit out of rhythm due to the sudden loss of playing time. Once Hayward goes to the 20ppg zone, the C's should be good.

Raptors incredibly strong, score in the beginning was like 45-11. And Kawhi didn't even play. Bad news for the Celtics.

Funny Phil, I've said it before. Tatum makes Hayward redundant. That's how high I am on that kid of yours.

Funny Phil, I've said it before. Tatum makes Hayward redundant. That's how high I am on that kid of yours.

And you're exactly right, Jack. Now it's a case of how Brad handles 'prosperity', In the past, he made very good players out of Evan Turner, Jae Crowder, IT Thomas, and even Jonas Jerebko (now with the Warriors) in that these players were made to fit his system, Rozier and Tatum thrived in his system as well last season as they were given ample playing time. Hayward now is a pseudo 2 or even 3, making assists (quite good actually) instead of being his explosive slash and cut self in the Jazz days. If he becomes his old slash and cut self, then he really becomes a Tatum, and that is your point, well, now, and in the near future. Brad has to figure this out. Hayward is paid $30m for this and the next 2 seasons. And it's hard for me to imagine either of them as a 6th man. :)

Hypothetically, if you were Danny boy and you were to trade Hayward, who would you go for?

Hypothetically, if you were Danny boy and you were to trade Hayward, who would you go for?

Off the top of my head, AD Davis. That would take pressure off Horford from shooting, as he will have to continue playing the 5. :)

OOOOOH! I've been a huge AD fan since he broke out on USA Basketball. You'd have to throw in a couple more pieces to get him if I were the Pelicans HOBO. :D

OOOOOH! I've been a huge AD fan since he broke out on USA Basketball. You'd have to throw in a couple more pieces to get him if I were the Pelicans HOBO. :D

Well, yes. Rozier, with some regrets. And Smart, kinda gladly. With this new contract (not cheap), we have a small defender and even a flopper. :D My son loves to take potshots at his missed shots ( and flops). So do I. :D

I watched the game. The Raptors are the real deal and Kawhi didn't even play.They are going to be a huge obstacle to the Celtics. TBH what I saw last night showed me the Raptors are the dominant team in the East

Denver entering at 8-1beats the Celtics at home. Jamaal Murray, who I do not know at all, pours in 48 points. IT is now in Denver and he didn't even play.

Clippers beat the TWolves tonight at Staples 120-109.

Have to say the D. Rose looked good tonight following his earlier 50 point game. Perhaps not as quick as he was pre-injury but he made some very nice moves against the Clippers.

Jimmy Butler didn't do much the first 3 quarters but came on strong in the 4th to finish with 20 points.

Gallinari and Harris lead the Clips with 22 points each.

Forgot to mention that the Clippers are the only team to defeat the Denver Nuggets so far this year.

That and $3.00 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. ;)

Forgot to mention that the Clippers are the only team to defeat the Denver Nuggets so far this year.

That and $3.00 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. ;)

Now both of them have my attention.

Last edited:
That will be interesting to watch. Mixed emotions given the way Kawhi handled his situation with the Spurs last year.

it's early in the season however the Raptors to my eye can not only compete with the GSW but beat them in the finals and give the NBA it's first Canadian champion

Kawhi should sit tight in Toronto. Besides it's a beautiful city. Just terrible tax laws :(

Bill Simmons predicted a Terry Rozier deal soon; could he be right?

http://www.celticslife.com/2018/11/...57feb6OMnohnFlDPWC8BtiRazC4y6Z_b1VoPRSz25iT-s

Terry has not been shooting well, like 2-9 in his limited minutes. If he gets more minutes, tht would be 4-18, not too attractive either. Question is, what kind of player can the C's get for Terry?

I can't answer your question about Rozier. I used to like Bill Simmon's stuff on ESPN and even bought his basketball encyclopedia book when it was published a few years ago.

Seems he has gotten less interesting to me since he moved to LA. His HBO TV show was a massive bust. His podcast can sometimes be good but he talks way too much about gambling for my taste - I don't bet on sports except for a few bucks with friends a couple times a year.

I do think he is wired into the Celtics so there probably is some truth to the Rozier rumors.

Maybe I haven't forgiven him for dogging my Clippers all the time - even after he bought season tickets to their games a couple years back. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing