New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't answer your question about Rozier. I used to like Bill Simmon's stuff on ESPN and even bought his basketball encyclopedia book when it was published a few years ago.

Seems he has gotten less interesting to me since he moved to LA. His HBO TV show was a massive bust. His podcast can sometimes be good but he talks way too much about gambling for my taste - I don't bet on sports except for a few bucks with friends a couple times a year.

I do think he is wired into the Celtics so there probably is some truth to the Rozier rumors.

Maybe I haven't forgiven him for dogging my Clippers all the time - even after he bought season tickets to their games a couple years back. :)

I haven't really followed him, he talks too much even about Celtics stuffs. I could not even finish his interview with Bill Russell. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Chandler Tyson joins the Lakers as a "heavy" for LeBron

Lakers won last night in a back and forth game. They still can't play defense but sure know how to score

Chandler IMO looked old, out of shape and couldn't make shots or free throws

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looking at how the Suns are manhandling the Celtics in the first quarter, I am surprised to see they are at 2-8, at the bottom of West. They've got players that are really good. Suns up by 19 at the end of 1.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Suns faded at the end and the Celtics won in OT. Lot of good young players on the Suns - Devin Booker and rookie Deandre Ayton especially.

Tough for a young team to take on a veteran squad like the Celtics.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Suns faded at the end and the Celtics won in OT. Lot of good young players on the Suns - Devin Booker and rookie Deandre Ayton especially.

Tough for a young team to take on a veteran squad like the Celtics.
That was a surprise of my life game. Celtics trailed big all game and forced overtime with seconds left. The vets took care of the game from there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Milwaukee crushed Golden State 134 - 111 in Oakland.

Bucks are looking good this year.

Bucks are young and talented and when blazing hot they can run and gun all game.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Their play reminds me of Bud's stint at Atlanta with Korver doing lots of sniping except this team is long. Gives Giannis a whole lot more spacing.

Steve Williams

I saw the game. The Warriors were so out of sync

Lots of good teams in the east this year but for me having watched the Raptors destroy the Lakers last week without Kawhi I feel they have the best chance to win the east but so also the finals

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I signed up to be a beta tester for Clippers CourtVison, a new way to watch NBA games like you are in the arena. Steve Ballmer is an investor in the company developing the software for the NBA. It will have unique views of the game near and on court plus statistical analysis.

Ballmer picked me personally to be a beta tester........well, I was selected by someone. :)

Plans are to use it league-wide starting next season.

Here 's a link to an article explaining the new technology.

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/futur...s-debut-new-augmented-reality-nba-experience/

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That's why I am curious to see how it works. I thought the same thing you did - how to keep track of all the information and digest it during the game.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can anyone try it? This percentage thing works when watching Texas Hold 'em but I wonder how this might feel with a pace so frenetic. Would make for some interesting drinking games I bet LOL

Steve Williams

Can anyone try it? This percentage thing works when watching Texas Hold 'em but I wonder how this might feel with a pace so frenetic. Would make for some interesting drinking games I bet LOL
totally agree. The game is so fast that these things are nothing more than a distraction to my eyes at least

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
watched Utah defeat the Celtics however Boston was down by 18 and came back to within 4 only to lose 123-115

The first return of Hayward to Utah and naturally, he gets boos from the fans. Actually his best showing so far this season, as Kyrie sat on back to back games, and I can see the concern now of Brad Stevens is to balance the health of his two previously injured stars, as they get for the long haul of the season. The more obvious concern is on Hayward as he is now getting his rhythm back from the 1 year rust last season, and the thought of a re-injury would be tragic. I'm all for his long term recovery, no rush.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

With Butler going to the Sixers things IMO have gotten even tighter in the East as I expect the Sixers to do well

I watched the Lakers beat the Kings last night. They continue to give up big leads because of their lack of defense but they have a 2 game win streak :) and are 2 games ahead of the Rockets where I am reading this morning they are contemplating the future of Melo in Houston. He has brought nothing to any team for which he has played and his hay day years are gone. Sort of like the Lakers bringing in Tyson Chandler to beef things up for LeBron.

We are 12 games into the season and it is still so difficult for me to see LeBron in Lakers purple and gold

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I tried Clippers CourtVision yesterday to watch the big OT win vs Milwaukee.

The best part was being able to select from any one of 6 camera angles on the baseline and around the court. I liked baseline best as you were almost on the court.

My least favorite was called coaches view - way too busy at least at first use. It included floating info above the player's head with the ball with shooting percentage, possible passing lanes and movement projections. Was too easy to get lost in the data and not watch the game.

They also has mascot view - didn't seem to be working yesterday - not that I wanted to watch it. :)

You could watch the regular TV version of the game, too.

Overall I liked it and will continue to try it out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing