New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
tMore pontification by the King. "I don't look at the standings." "They are what they are"

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/03/03/20190302-gametime-lakers-lebron-talks-standings

Season is over for the Lakers. Did you watch him take the ball from under the net and wet to throw it in and hit the underside of the basket.

Body language says it all. Lakers are done this year

Inexcusable to lose to the Suns. He was every bit as much to blame in causing that loss as the the rest of the team. He was missing everything from the free throw line to shots he typically makes. 20 games left and unlikely they will make the playoffs.

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Knicks and Clippers play today at Staples Center. However, the game is but one of the "almost" behind the scenes battles between the LAC and NYK.

The owners of the two teams are engaged in a legal battle over Inglewood, CA arenas. Dolan owns the former home of the Lakers, The Forum. Ballmer plans to build the Clippers new arena just a few blocks away.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-clippers-arena-inglewood-20181207-story.html

On another front, many think the two teams will also battle over big name free agents this summer - Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard. Both teams should have enough cap space to pay two max contracts.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/02/the-real-knicks-clippers-battle-will-involve-kevin-durant/

Adding further intrigue, former Clipper D'Andre Jordan is now with the Knicks after being traded there by the Mavericks. His friendship with Kevin Durant is well known so.....rumor is the Clippers may be interested in bringing Jordan back to lure KD.

Well, the only known fact is that Ballmer and Dolan are involved in legal wrangling over the arenas. The rest is just speculation at this point. ;)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Clippers were the third team in so they got last choice for dates and times. That's one of the reasons Ballmer wants his own arena.

Clipper games sometimes start at 12:30 pm on Sundays - like today. I always liked that because traffic was light on the way to the game but attendance was usually lower at that time. I remember going to Clipper games on Halloween evening and New Years Eve, too. Lots of fans had other things to do on dates like that.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
C's continue to lose, this time against Houston. Harden had 40+ and Gordon had 30+ . Top scorer for Boston was Kyrie with 24. You can't win now with players doing 20 or 15 points. The D is not there too for the C's. This is one unexpected funk the team is in.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am surprised that the Celtics are playing better, too. Perhaps they will come out of this funk in time for the playoffs to start.

Clippers beat the Knicks today but NY is not a very good team.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am rooting for them to get ahead of the Clippers for selfish reasons - keep the 1st round draft pick LAC recently received in trade. Apparently Ballmer and Rivers and the players don't agree with me.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There are still about 16 games left in the regular season. And the Lakers are 5 games off the 8th place. Assuming a 5 win/loss streak from them and the 8th team, they would be tied, so mathematically very possible.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bucks lost to the league worst record Suns last night. So it's not just the Celtics. :D

Heat is climbing up for the 8th spot and they have been winning lately. The Nets (surprise) is locked at the 7th. The Sixers are at 4th and only 2.5 games ahead of the C's, so what are the Celtics fans whining about? :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What is going on with the Raptors? They were unbeatable at the beginning of the season and now they are losing a lot of games

It's beginning to happen. What goes up must come down. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What just happened there at the Oracle. Warriors lose by 32 at home, to the, ehem, Celtics. Celtics? Really? Hayward with 30 points, 19 at the half. He's learning not to be shy. I have total support for him in this comeback process.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Houston is lucky they have the NBA scoring leader who averages 36 ppg through these games. The closest are a bunch of players with 27 ppg. Once Harden goes into his act, all they need is another guy who helps him score 20 thereabouts and sometimes they are guys like Gordon and Green and Paul who can do that. They kill with their offense. That's how Boston got blown out the other day. And I'm sure D'Antoni is loving this kind of stuff, or well, maybe he planned it all along.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Houston is lucky they have the NBA scoring leader who averages 36 ppg through these games. The closest are a bunch of players with 27 ppg. Once Harden goes into his act, all they need is another guy who helps him score 20 thereabouts and sometimes they are guys like Gordon and Green and Paul who can do that. They kill with their offense. That's how Boston got blown out the other day. And I'm sure D'Antoni is loving this kind of stuff, or well, maybe he planned it all along.

I still can't see the Rockets winning it all when the ball goes through Harden's hands 90% of the time

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing